Thread: FPS increase

FPS increase

Alright so.. like the title says im looking for an FPS increase, im a total newbbbbbbb to computer stuff but i figured there'd have to be something around

Right now im playing on a Microsoft MSI mini laptop 10inch screen (believe it or not)

im playing with all the settings at lowest and i cant seem to get any more fps than 10-16

if only i could increase it to 25-30 somehow, id be pretty happy, appreciate it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Microsoft MSI? I lol'd.
    Try reading the stickies next time, bub.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...FPS-Check-Here!

Deleted
    10 inch screen suggests a Netbook - which are computers that utilize extreme low-end components. They're designed to, as their name implies, read your facebook and check your e-mail - little else.

its not that i want to have an 10inch screen, its just nothing else availible atm and in any near future, so was kinda just looking for a way for this game to be somewhat more playable

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by damnature View Post
    its not that i want to have an 10inch screen
    Its not the screen I'm talking about - its that laptops that carry a 10 inch screen are normally a "Netbook" type computer. They simply don't have the hardware necessary to play games.

Outside of making sure that you've not got some obnoxiously heavy background programs running like those that tend to accompany most pre-installed computers (and also not having your web-browser run while playing); theres nothing you can really do to boost your FPS. You're sadly just asking too much from a machine thats got perhaps 5% of the processing ability of most desktops.

But without posting any accurate information about your machine - I can't exactly.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-04-29 at 08:32 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really need to supply more info. At least a model number or something.

About the only thing you can do with your "netbook" is upgrade the memory. If you have 1GB of RAM and upgrade to 2GB could yield a few FPS. But you are still very limited by your platform. Hopefully you have a machine with Nvidia ION chipset. It will allow a bit of gaming. If it's an ATOM with the Intel chipset video you're hurting regardless.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by dicertification View Post
    Really need to supply more info. At least a model number or something.

About the only thing you can do with your "netbook" is upgrade the memory. If you have 1GB of RAM and upgrade to 2GB could yield a few FPS. But you are still very limited by your platform. Hopefully you have a machine with Nvidia ION chipset. It will allow a bit of gaming. If it's an ATOM with the Intel chipset video you're hurting regardless.
    AMD E-350 > everything.

I can run HalfLife2 on my netbook. xD
    red panda red panda red panda!

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    AMD E-350 > everything.

I can run HalfLife2 on my netbook. xD
    I assumed it was a netbook prior to the AMD E series. Which I agree are kick ass in terms of netbook performance.

My gf's netbook
    http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=60...facture=Others
    Last edited by dicertification; 2011-04-29 at 04:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    I'm rocking an HP DM1.
    red panda red panda red panda!