Anyone that can help me out with choosing a new PC pleaseeeeeee :D

basically i am sick of playing wow on a laptop so i want to buy a PC on a budget of around 400 to 500 pound. I dont know what to look for but when i Google it i just keep getting told components to build my own. i have no clue about computers so i would just like to buy one made up off the shelf....i want the PC to be-able to run wow smooth on high graphics. THANKS for any help

Quote Originally Posted by drew09dalt View Post
    budget of around 400 to 500 pound

run wow smooth on high graphics
    Not gonna happen unless you have an old PC already you can scavenge for parts like monitor. Gaming computers cost whole lot more than most seriousface office computers, and £500 is not gonna run WoW smooth on high graphics... You might get it playable on medium graphics if lucky.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    For 500 Quid you can get a nice PC, But you would have to put it together yourself..

Anything you buy, just triple it..so a £500 PC its more than likely only worth about £150-200..

So options, You could try and find a second hand one on ebay, I bought a good one a few years ago for my wife from ebay, ( couldnt be arsed too build another the parts take to long to get together)

So maybe search there and post some results for a second opinion

Or take the plunged and build one, Getting the parts together can be a pain, but Amazon, dabs and many other have always having deals
    the AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition is selling on the for £155 which is a nice chip or drop down too the 4 core 965 for under £100

Also if you have never built one before- its not all that hard, not any more, theres so many help guilds on youtube its basically plug everything into the right hole then turn it on, the only trouble I have is getting the damn fan/Heat exchange on the bleedin CPU, which can be fiddly
    Last edited by mmoc411c38c086; 2011-04-29 at 10:33 AM.

Yeah you don't choose the performance you want with a given price. ie, you get what you pay for. You can optimize it a bit by finding sales and picking the right things, but at lower budgets you will be limited in what you'll get.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

basically i am sick of playing wow on a laptop so i want to buy a PC on a budget of around 400 to 500 pound. I dont know what to look for but when i Google it i just keep getting told components to build my own. i have no clue about computers so i would just like to buy one made up off the shelf....i want the PC to be-able to run wow smooth on high graphics. THANKS for any help
    That's plenty of money to put together an above average machine capable of playing WoW at it's max among other games. However the key words in that sentence are "put together". There's surely a tech savvy friend or cheap computer shop that could assemble it for you. And while I had an average understanding of how computers work, I built my own with just some basic research. It's a great learning experience and it will save you a lot of money.

However if you're set in stone buying a computer from a company, you're going to have to pay a couple hundred more to get the desired results.

Quote Originally Posted by Sant View Post
    Or take the plunged and build one, Getting the parts together can be a pain, but Amazon, dabs and many other have always having deals the AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition is selling on the for £155 which is a nice chip or drop down too the 4 core 965 for under £100
    1090T is waste of money for games, 965 will actually run WoW faster at lower price.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just put some parts together on amazon.uk

Asus P7H67-M £ 85
    Corsair 2x2GB DDR3 £ 37
    WD Caviar Blue 1TB £ 50
    Corsair CX500 PSU £ 44
    Midi Tower £ 30-50
    LG DVD Rec £ 13
    Sapphire HD5770 £ 93
    Intel i3-2100 £ 93

Total ~ £ 450

This is more or less simliar to Fuzzykin's $500 build (slightly better though). I wouldn't go for less, because you just would have to upgrade soon(ish) again.

Obviously this needs to get assembled before you can use it. If you are not comfortable yourself with that, try to ask a friend to help you for a small tip. The problem with pre-built computers is, that they give you considerable less value for your money and often use some parts which are not really top-of-the-line quality (cheap brand psu, ...). If you read all over the internet, that you should assemble yourself, it is said for a reason...
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Quote Originally Posted by Biernot View Post
    Just put some parts together on amazon.uk

Asus P7H67-M £ 85
    Corsair 2x2GB DDR3 £ 37
    WD Caviar Blue 1TB £ 50
    Corsair CX500 PSU £ 44
    Midi Tower £ 30-50
    LG DVD Rec £ 13
    Sapphire HD5770 £ 93
    Intel i3-2100 £ 93

Total ~ £ 450

This is more or less simliar to Fuzzykin's $500 build (slightly better though). I wouldn't go for less, because you just would have to upgrade soon(ish) again.

Obviously this needs to get assembled before you can use it. If you are not comfortable yourself with that, try to ask a friend to help you for a small tip. The problem with pre-built computers is, that they give you considerable less value for your money and often use some parts which are not really top-of-the-line quality (cheap brand psu, ...). If you read all over the internet, that you should assemble yourself, it is said for a reason...
    He said he wanted to buy a pre-built, and clearly.

Stop saying to do it himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickensoup23 View Post
    He said he wanted to buy a pre-built, and clearly.

Stop saying to do it himself.
    true... but it was also said thats not gonna happen on his budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkan View Post
    true... but it was also said thats not gonna happen on his budget.
    Then don't suggest him to build one. Just say to save more $ or wait.

Thanks for the reply guys...i found a guy whos gona put me one together for 50 if I supply the parts. So il buy the things off the list and should be sorted

Thanks for the reply guys...i found a guy whos gona put me one together for 50 if I supply the parts. So il buy the things off the list and should be sorted
    Solid! The only thing I can suggest for that list is an HD 6770/6790 card, if they can be found in the UK at a price that stays within your range. I'm USA, I don't follow the pricing across the pond. The 6770/6790 cards provide a bit of a performance boost for about the same general price range.
    Super casual.