Deleted

Paladin soloing old raids post 4.1

So with 20 sec WoG cooldown we're falling behind DK's even more?
    So we're now officialy retarded children of superior DK"s when it comes to soloing
    older raids?

you suggest blizzard designs tanks according to what they can solo as old raids ?
    when paladins and dks have never been so close in balance in raid environments ?
    do you actually think that a prot paladin healing for millions (10,20,30) on nefarian hc for example was balanced ?

dont compare yourself to a spec that is designed around self healing
    if you wanted that maybe you should have rolled a dk

oh and btw i have a question for u that ive asked on this forums before
    where were your sense of justice when trial of the crusader was released , dks were nerfed so bad that at the end of the expansion they had to be made OP so that people could actually start tanking again on them
    where was your sense of justice when for more than a year and a half prot paladins were out of control , both threat , damage taken , raid abilities , automatic GS ????
    srsly , get real . Prot paladins are still one of the most used tanks in this expansion , God forbid dks are used to tank end game content to ..
    Last edited by mastertroll; 2011-04-29 at 10:29 AM.

Deleted
    Soloing old raids is what truly matters here. Truly.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming you mean 4.1 so I changed the title. If you really do want it to say 4.2, let me know.

Anyway, yeah, stuff isn't designed around soloing old raids. However, it is still pretty dang easy to solo really old stuff (the level 60 stuff). Kael is probably going to be a lot harder, though.

DKs got a large soloing nerf too this patch (it was really a PvP nerf). They used to use Frost/Unholy presence while specced Blood to get extremely overpowered Death Strikes (20% hp) which then gave a huge mastery shield (10%+). Now, Blood Shield can't happen outside Blood Presence, which ruins that strategy (and prevents the QQ when a Blood DK used to be able to take on 4 poorly skilled BG players and win).

You aren't going to be seeing any more front page DK solos for quite a while. Mionelol, who was one of the main people doing it, got Lich King to 13% before the patch but said that she doubts she could even get that far in full Heroic Firelands gear after the DK nerf.

TL;DR: DKs are still better than us for soloing old stuff, but they got the larger nerf this patch (and are still quite a bit better). You still have to take other classes' changes into account. You can't just look at the Paladin notes and base your knowledge of DKs off 4.0.6.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-04-29 at 10:45 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines