Thread: [img] resize

Deleted

[img] resize

hey all,
    I was wondering why the bbcode options [img=XxY] or [img width=X height=Y] aren't turned on in this forum.
    kind regards

Deleted
    Because there's no use in having somebody load a 1680x1050 image to have it displayed in 400 pixels width. We rather want users to just upload to an image host that allows thumbnails/resizing.

Deleted
    ok, clear answer
    the question came up when someone in a picture thread asked to post his picture an it was too wide, but never mind.
    next time I have a question like that, do you want me to pm it to you :P?

Deleted
    Posting it here is fine [I read it anyways and it helps if other users have the same question].

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Posting it here is fine [I read it anyways and it helps if other users have the same question].
    Why not implement the auto-resize feature I see on some forums? I think it's on ElitistJerks and ArenaJunkies.

Deleted
    Like above, that gives us two options. Either we embed the image using HTML width= attributes (or their CSS counterpart), thus making the visitor still load the entire file (the sizing is done in the web browser) - or we could resize every image linked (huge load on our servers) and store it on our servers (which wouldn't make our hard drives happy with the amount of pictures that are posted).