Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dare I say it, but it sounds like 4.2 could end up being Cataclysm's saviour... /hmm

It certainly is starting to sound interesting enough, and after the earlier preview+video the Firelands doesn't look all that bland any more either. Seems like Blizzard hasn't forgotten how to tell a good story after all...

Now I'm just curious about whether there's a scripted or cinematic event for this meeting where Thrall gets assassinated (sounds like it, judging by Boub's response?), and... the models of the new armor sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonocva View Post
    It's not because it's Metzen's characters, it's because he's a main character of the entire storyline. A huge majority of main characters in books and movies usually survive without dying, even situations where they could have, because they're MAIN CHARACTERS. It's still possible, but why it's such a huge tick for some people seems strange to me. It'd be like asking why no one will ever kill Tyrande or why no one will ever kill Vol'jin. They're hugely important to the WoW lore, they're not gonna just die off because you have your panties in a bunch. Not to mention their power isn't on some scale YOU or your character could imagine, they're practically raid bosses in their own right, as city guardians have shown us.
    Lothar, Uther, and Arthas would like to have a word with you. Oh, and Bolvar, too (for your last bit).

Important/main characters can die just fine. It's part of telling a story.
    Example: Story starts with characters A, B, and C. In the beginning, it seems like A is the main character, the hero, and B and C are just along for the ride. Part-way through the story, C double-crosses A and B. A dies a little later through some tragedy. B mourns for a bit, then C reveals that he was in fact a double-double-agent (lolwut?), and they continue on together. C eventually dies a gruesome death whilst helping B escape the same fate.
    In its sequel, B is assumed the main character...but wait! It's only a flashback, and come to find out he's only training a younger generation of heroes...

lol
    Last edited by Scratches; 2011-04-29 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalOtaku View Post
    First stage of Thrall's ascent to guardianhood?
    Or the whole thing now. Thrall have a lot of stuff to do once he is in place.
    I like that we finally have the meaning of "twilight of aspects" cleared. Nothing to do with dragon, but with the aspects of his personality bound to each element.

They messed with Thrall... Now they fucking gonna die

Deleted
    Well it could only be two Aspects?
    Ysera and The Lifebinder (cant spell her name >.< )
    The Magic Aspect still isnt picked yet and Noz is still missing.
    Deathwing could have come in human form?
    Only being atm that could get past two of the strongest mortals ingame and two aspects.
    Kinda be cool retribution for when we knock metalface out

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    So we have to go in 4 dungeons and click a quest item ?
    I hope this is bigger than that !
    Since they said it would be a SOLO quest, I doubt it.
    Its gonna be e-p-i-c.

Interesting that the included pictures are all current content, minus the Firelands which is a previously released picture.

Let the greenskin burn in the elemental plane! We dont need any damn orc!

15+ Year Old Account
    The assumption that Thrall will be the next Earth Warden is forgetting a certain quest in the Badlands, in which we discovered and then secreted away a certain, uncorrupted, rage-free Black Dragon Egg. If anything there are other Black Dragons out there suited for the role over a "short-lived one".

It is entirely plausible for Thrall to become the next Guardian of Tirisfal, but that also has someone who appears more suited for the role in Medivh's son Med'an.

Personally I would think Thrall is best suited for a role as leader of The Earthen Ring. It's an ideal role for a shaman of his power and talents. Just as Malfurion appears as kind of the de facto leader of the Druids, perhaps the Guardians of Cenarius or the Cenarion Circle (the other de facto leader apparently being Hamuul Runetotem).

you guys are all missing the important part here...

THRALL LEARNED HOW TO STAND UP STRAIGHT!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Interesting that the included pictures are all current content, minus the Firelands which is a previously released picture.
    The thought that they might be in the middle of developing this quests and they have no real screenshots of it never crossed your mind, did it?

Sounds awesome and I'm looking forward to it!

Is there a hint for the next 5 man dungeon to come? They mention Abyssal Maw as instance you have to visit for the questline, yet they didn't confirm a new 5man for 4.2.. beside in this announcement where it hints at it.

15+ Year Old Account
    i feel like a kid in the candy store...im so excited..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicalOtaku View Post
    First stage of Thrall's ascent to guardianhood?
    Thats exactly what i thought. New aspect perhaps? Thought I do not like the idea of Thrall "dieing", I do have to agree that this chain of events may lead to him becoming an extraordinary fixture in WoW lore. Not just the Son of Durotar, but the Aspect of /Blank/ or Guardian of /Something Awesome/

As a long time Horde player. It makes it that much more awesome to play Horde.

Interpreted:

Unlock a bunch of dailies and grind them endlessly until you get enough rep to unlock vendors.

Sounds like Argent Tournament to me, which was one of the most tedious things they ever introduced in this game. If there is jousting involved in any way I think I'm going to shoot myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Thrall has been captured/enslaved once again!!! This preview is pretty epic but I'm starting to feel more like Mario every time Thrall gets captured.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohmnia View Post
    Is there a hint for the next 5 man dungeon to come? They mention Abyssal Maw as instance you have to visit for the questline, yet they didn't confirm a new 5man for 4.2.. beside in this announcement where it hints at it.
    They mention it, but the screenshot is from ToT. I am dissapoint.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmnia View Post
    This is exactly what I was thinking. They made no mention of the Abyssal Maw until this point. That means we're going to have a new big daily quest hub with personal progression, a new raid, a new zone, a NEW five-man, and another big max level quest chain so far.

Plus that Dungeon Journal thing they mentioned.

If they can start pumping these out like this at a decent pace, it will go a long way towards changing my attitude about Cataclysm in general.

Hmm, wonder what happens if you don't do the quest is he gone forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Dashield28 View Post
    As a long time Horde player. It makes it that much more awesome to play Horde.
    All that remains is to let players pick a dark-skinned variant for their Orc character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post

I wonder if there will ever be something this epic for an alliance character Also I as well do not want to see Thrall's desires . . . I suspect they involve a threesome with aggra and jaina.
    Malfurion Stormrage? Most Epic drood evah. Hamuul Runetotem is a powerful druid but Malfurion has been around for like a million years. First mortal druid.