Stood in the Fire MeleeSpriestDK's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Fire Vs Arc scaleing

Does fire scale better with gear because at i just turned 85 and have ilvl 332 and i pull around 12k boss in arc and out Aoe fire(have to be in melee range but idc). SO yea at this gear level fire is sub par in single target and aoe. Will this change as i get geard? I would really like to have fire as my Dungeon/aoe/pvp spec and arcane as raiding/maby pvp havent decided which one for pvp yet. dont tell me frost anything please i dont like it its boring.

Gamers never Die

As an arcane mage in ToGC/ICC, a frost mage from 1-80, and a fire mage before Naxx and since Cat - I find it odd that you'd say Frost is boring.

Honestly, the rotation of arcane is laughably boring, and from a dynamic standpoint, you do the same, repeatable things with it (faceroll until gem takes you to full, gem, faceroll until evoke fills you, use more buttons to save mana, repeat).

Frost feels more fire-like these days with quite a few procs and certainly more than the frostbolt spam it was WAY back in the day.

I'm still having a blast with fire, but seriously? Frost is more boring than Arcane?

Each to his own, said the woman as she kissed her cow...

(based on my own experience, if you are doing less damage as fire than arcane in 332, your stat priority is off, or you aren't playing fire well)

YMMV SPSFD
    Just another bad mage playing his class badly...
    Worst Mage EVAR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Its really hard to tell which scales better, since for arcane mastery>>haste and crit, and for fire, mastery << haste and crit. So if your gear has a lot of mastery, your arcane is going to scale better than if it doesn't....
    But what is easy to tell, is that arcane ROCKS for 5-mans. Why? Mana and movement. As arcane, the shorter the fight is, the better. More of the fight will be a burn phase, and with sub-346 gear you can still pull 20K on trash pulls. The lack of movement needed in 5-mans also helps keep arcane up there.
    Right after the arcane buff to 4.1, I did a BH run as arcane, with a fire-mage with exactly the same level gear as me (full 359). We pulled the same DPS on Argaloth. So any fight that has more movement than Argaloth, fire wins, and fight with less, Arcane will probably pull out on top (Chimaeron comes to mind).

Stood in the Fire MeleeSpriestDK's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    By boring as far as frost goes i meant.. Stuff doesnt die as fast and fire/arcane is just cooler. More about blasting the hell out of something than surviving/cc.

Gamers never Die