Resto Change - Ideas?

There has been a lot of issues with the "shorthand of CDs that can save people" within our arsenal of spells in many threads and discussions. I have seen this too, namely in the issue that Regrowth costs too much mana imo and nourish and healing touch has too slow of a casting time imo (along with the low heal on nourish). Yes, there are the OoC procs and nature's grace from regrowth but if we needed a tool for saving someone through spam outside of all of our hots and swiftmend, they would probably either die from not enough heals or our loss of mana.

Maybe a CD much like in the priest's discipline tree could be useful: For example "2 minute cooldown that boosts casting-time heals' haste by 10% and reduces mana cost of those spells by 25% for 15 seconds." I could also preach my strongest opinion, barkskin becoming targetable, a good cooldown that can save a person and the healer (could be a resto only talent etc.) would have to make a strong decision to use it on themself or another person or save it for a more crucial moment.
    New guild, friendly and progression-minded environment with mixed pre-squish heroic exp raiders looking for new recruits.
    http://badwolf11.enjin.com/recruitment

"There has been a lot of issues with the "shorthand of CDs that can save people" within our arsenal of spells in many threads and discussions. I have seen this too, namely in the issue that Regrowth costs too much mana imo and nourish and healing touch has too slow of a casting time imo (along with the low heal on nourish). Yes, there are the OoC procs and nature's grace from regrowth but if we needed a tool for saving someone through spam outside of all of our hots and swiftmend, they would probably either die from not enough heals or our loss of mana.

Maybe a CD much like in the priest's discipline tree could be useful: For example "2 minute cooldown that boosts casting-time heals' haste by 10% and reduces mana cost of those spells by 25% for 15 seconds." I could also preach my strongest opinion, barkskin becoming targetable, a good cooldown that can save a person and the healer (could be a resto only talent etc.) would have to make a strong decision to use it on themself or another person or save it for a more crucial moment."

Tree of Life.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I feel like we need a better AoE oh crap button---Swiftmend + instant HT does a pretty good job at saving someone taking a lot of damage...but if AoE's the problem, ToL isn't great for saving...Don't get me wrong, ToL + LBs on everyoen is great, but it costs at least 4 GCDs to get 1 rolling on each member----then we need another 8 GCDs for the x3 bloom. Great for stabilizing and topping everyone off end of fight, but there's very little instant grat.

Have also bounced up the idea of WG + Efflo, but even that's a little slow...Tranq's good, but you almost have to pre-cast it to get the stacks up for hte massive healing. Inside of the First two ticks, you can still lose.

Edit: Should've mentioned that I like the idea of a targetable barkskin, too. could even give it a drawback like the pally's targetable shield---maybe it shapeshifts target into an ent and freezes them in one place or something.
    Last edited by sarad; 2011-04-29 at 07:11 PM. Reason: addendum.

Quote Originally Posted by equinox View Post
    "There has been a lot of issues with the "shorthand of CDs that can save people" within our arsenal of spells in many threads and discussions. I have seen this too, namely in the issue that Regrowth costs too much mana imo and nourish and healing touch has too slow of a casting time imo (along with the low heal on nourish). Yes, there are the OoC procs and nature's grace from regrowth but if we needed a tool for saving someone through spam outside of all of our hots and swiftmend, they would probably either die from not enough heals or our loss of mana.

Maybe a CD much like in the priest's discipline tree could be useful: For example "2 minute cooldown that boosts casting-time heals' haste by 10% and reduces mana cost of those spells by 25% for 15 seconds." I could also preach my strongest opinion, barkskin becoming targetable, a good cooldown that can save a person and the healer (could be a resto only talent etc.) would have to make a strong decision to use it on themself or another person or save it for a more crucial moment."

Tree of Life.
    bottom right corner of your screen you will see a "reply with quote" button... ToL isn't an ability that will prevent damage in any way, only pull yourself out of a healing defect. I'd much rather not have to go into turbo mode healing if I could have prevented the damage from occurring to begin with.

OP, we have been asking for something like that for a very long time and blizz even hinted at giving it to us. Then we got a much buffed tranq and efflor to compensate. NS is still affected by the same drawbacks it has already had. long CD for a situational heal that may or may not ever need to be used in a boss fight or night full of attempts. abilities like GS, PS, ect... have a definite and scripted role to play in every single boss encounter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of a sort of targeted Barkskin.

Quote Originally Posted by equinox View Post
    Tree of Life.
    I was talking about in addition to our current arsenal of spells.
    New guild, friendly and progression-minded environment with mixed pre-squish heroic exp raiders looking for new recruits.
    http://badwolf11.enjin.com/recruitment

I'm not sure we need it. I've been playing a resto druid for the first time recently (for heroic modes where mele dps isn't as tenable) and even before the cd reduction on tranqulity, I liked playing without a massive damage reduction cool down. That's not to say I wouldn't take a buff if offered, but, I can currently match all other classes in terms of healing, and with this buff to tranquility, and the fact tree of life is so very powerful in the right hands - beyond a playing being globaled, I feel there's not a lot I can't handle.

There are times when it would be nice to have an aoe reduction - Omnitron Heroic sees a lot of hurt across the raid, and it would be nice there, but I can handle that damage fine right now, even before the patch. I'm thinking an extra cd is just going to make us borderline over powered.

At the moment we have Tranquility, Natures Swiftness, Innervate and Tree of Life and a combat resurect. A damage reduction spell with this amount of healing doesn't feel necessary.

- To build on the idea above slightly, what about barkskin moving targets so that it always reduces damage on the target with the current lowest health. So you might start it on the tank, then it would automatically move if another tank or player within X range suddenly dropped lower? You might want to move about the numbers though. 20% for a cd like this seems weak. 40% seems more like it.
    Last edited by Themessiah; 2011-04-29 at 07:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    - To build on the idea above slightly, what about barkskin moving targets so that it always reduces damage on the target with the current lowest health. So you might start it on the tank, then it would automatically move if another tank or player within X range suddenly dropped lower? You might want to move about the numbers though. 20% for a cd like this seems weak. 40% seems more like it.
    I don't think 20% on a 1 minute CD would be underpowered; it's comparable to a range of tank CDs. But I agree with the rest of your post, our throughput is so high that I'm not sure we really need this sort of CD - it may have been an issue when guilds were first attempting HMs, but with the recent changes especially I think our role is more firmly defined - swift across-the-board damage recovery, not prevention. More useful in some situations that others, sure, but that's true of most anyone.

I'm still looking or the barkskin that you can cast on other members, hopefully it will be a nice tank CD.

I would like to see them rework thorns to be a mitigation spell along with what it does now, or even maybe have a raid wide mitigation while in tree form but I think the latter would be OP. just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpieboi View Post
    I'm still looking or the barkskin that you can cast on other members, hopefully it will be a nice tank CD.
    I agree, that would be perfect really.