Deleted

How to get the damage/healing of a spell?

For example, for the spell "Wild Mushroom: Detonate", "Detonates all of your Wild Mushrooms, dealing 1032 damage to all nearby targets" - is there a way to get the damage done (1032) for this spell? Or do I have to either calculate the base damage + player gear, or regexp the number from the string?

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm unsure what you're after... is it base damage? or the average of what your spells hit over a given time period?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

If your talking about tooltips then there is an option in the help menu in game to turn off beginner tooltips.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if you're after the average a spell hits then if you download an addon called.. DrDamage I think it is, it takes into account all the recent hits with said spell and makes an average and displays it in big yellow numbers on the actual button. Don't know if its been updated recently, I don't know of anyone who uses it.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

I think DrDamage is what you're looking for, there are alpha builds going out almost every day so it is being maintained.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Deleted
    That DrDamage thing might be useful thanks

I think I should have said, I'm trying to make an addon - and I was wondering if there was a way to get that tooltip damage quote via the API.

Deleted
    Either :match it from the tooltip or calculate it yourself, yes.