Thread: [Movies] Thor

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    As far as I'm concerned, it doesn't come out until the 6th in America. It looks like a pretty badass movie, though.
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

Deleted
    Saw it this weekend in 3D, better then expected.
    The special effects really impressed me. Not worth seeing in 3D though.
    7/10

Out of all the super hero movies, Thor was probably the least promising from the trailers. Glad its getting pretty decent reviews though. I hope the other ones are even better.

Xmen first class
    Green Lantern
    Captain America
    Thor

Top being most most promising, I hope the rest are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppasan View Post
    Thor? Starcraft 2 unit?
    Thor, Odin's son!
    Protector of mankind
    Ride to meet your fate
    Your destiny now awaits!
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    How'd you manage to do that? Advanced screening award of some sort? It doesn't release till May 6th.
    well in some countries is already avaiable, watched today and i think is one of the best Super hero movie EVER made, the visuals just blows my mind, Asgard is amazing in the big screen, the plot is good, there are funny scenes and the ending was completed unexpected( at least for me, i was expecting the cliche ending)

9/10

PS: Sif is hot as hell! fap fap fap

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I watched it today in the UK. Maybe an advance screening for the Bank Holiday?

Loved it. Great action, great actors, great epic music.

Don't forget to stay til after the credits for the avengers bit =)
    Committee for the Liberation and Integration of Terrifying Organisms and their Rehabilitation Into Society

Lol, that caused quite a buzz around the internet. Heimdall is white in the comics. There is no doubt about it. It's strange that they would change that. But as someone not affiliated with white supremacists, I could give a shit less. At least they didn't make Thor black, amiright?
    It's also because of the fact that in Norse mythology Heimdall is litterally known as the "white god" :P But the Marvel adaption is far from accurate so I don't have the slightest problem with it

OT:
    I went to see it and I enjoyed it very much, however the god awful 3D made me want to cry. Not only was it annoying during the battle scenes but the glasses also "darkened" the screen, making it extremely hard to see the actors' faces. It makes me want to punch James Cameron for starting this whole 3D trend.

Deleted
    Um, may 6th? I seen it last week! in the UK no less. I think it came out on the 25th?

Anyway yes, very good film, specially considering I was expecting it to be shit

edit - also, I have no idea what that *item* was at the end of the film :s
    Last edited by mmocad9b71cfda; 2011-05-03 at 02:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    After looking at Moaradin's list, I have to ask. Am I the only person who hated Brian Singer directing super hero movies? Like, don't any other old comic fans think he did an absolute shit job with making the X-men seem super at all?

I understand that most people thought X-3 was shit and shouldn't have been done. But to me, it was the best of the 3 cause they actually used their powers instead of Wolverine getting his ass kicked by Lady Deathstrike until he sticks her with the hose to fill her with adamantium. LAME.

Anyhow, I'm still jealous of you all with an earlier Thor release, and anxiously await to see it later this week.

Norse mythology ftw!

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    where did you see it? it comes out on 6th may in England :<
    I saw it 29th april in england..
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I'm gonna watch it tonight, I'm pretty sure I'll find it semi-bad, but still enjoyable.
    Reason for watching it, is that I'm waiting for Iron Man 3, and they won't make that until they've done both Thor and the Avengers, so might aswell watch them, despite not being a fan of the marvel Thor.
    Oh and is Heimdall black!? That's just bad, not being racist here BUT Heimdall was known as the white god :s

---------- Post added 2011-05-03 at 06:58 AM ----------

After looking at Moaradin's list, I have to ask. Am I the only person who hated Brian Singer directing super hero movies? Like, don't any other old comic fans think he did an absolute shit job with making the X-men seem super at all?

I understand that most people thought X-3 was shit and shouldn't have been done. But to me, it was the best of the 3 cause they actually used their powers instead of Wolverine getting his ass kicked by Lady Deathstrike until he sticks her with the hose to fill her with adamantium. LAME.

Anyhow, I'm still jealous of you all with an earlier Thor release, and anxiously await to see it later this week.

Norse mythology ftw!
    I agree with you on the X-men bit, I thought x-men 3 was good, probably the best of them. It was mostly about Wolverine, they killed off Cyclops... What's not to like? I hated x-men 2 though.
    Thouh Norse Mythology and Marvel Thor is not a match I'm sorry, Marvel RAPED norse mythology when creating Thor.

---------- Post added 2011-05-03 at 06:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Thor, Odin's son!
    Protector of mankind
    Ride to meet your fate
    Your destiny now awaits!
    Twilight of the Thunder GAWD!

---------- Post added 2011-05-03 at 07:00 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Out of all the super hero movies, Thor was probably the least promising from the trailers. Glad its getting pretty decent reviews though. I hope the other ones are even better.

Xmen first class
    Green Lantern
    Captain America
    Thor

Top being most most promising, I hope the rest are good.
    Probably gonna watch all of them too, despite hating Captain Capitalism, and I'm having a hard time imagining Ryan Reynolds as a serious actor.
    And x-men first class looks oh so bad... No Wolverine QQ

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Despite knowing of the superhero called Thor, the first thought to run through my brain after seeing the thread title was -

"Why are they making an entire film about the Thor in SC2?"

OT, yeh i'll go see this film at some point. Looks enjoyable.

I saw Thor last night and I was pleasantly surprised. Thor was of a different from others. The story is pretty good, the dialogues are also good and I liked the battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Vazruden View Post
    edit - also, I have no idea what that *item* was at the end of the film :s
    That would be the Cosmic Cube featured at the end of Thor. It will appear in the Captain America movie wielded by the Red Skull.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by samneil View Post
    I saw Thor last night and I was pleasantly surprised. Thor was of a different from others. The story is pretty good, the dialogues are also good and I liked the battles.
    That may be because the other movies were showing heroes in a "Realistic World", Thor on the other hand is the first of these movies to show the "fantasy world" from Marvel. Avengers will be a mix of both worlds, that will set the tone for the Marvel Universe we know in the comics.

I thought it was terrible lol. The little brother seemed like such an over actor i cringed a lot when he was on screen. And why did Anthony Hopkins do this movie? Really not his kind of role......

Deleted
    Thor, Odin's son!
    Protector of mankind
    Ride to meet your fate
    Your destiny now awaits!
    Amon Amarth \m/
    Last edited by mmoc2c2bcbefc4; 2013-02-13 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    Well this looks interesting...
    ...oh, the only theater within 100 kilometres only shows the 3D version. Screw it, I'll wait for the disc release.

Deleted
    I'll be seing it tomorrow. Looking forward to it.

If I'm not mistaken it's been in the theaters in Australia since the 21st of April. But it looks phenomenal. Can't wait.