Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Is there ANYONE not enjoying WoW right now?

I walked into ZA with a 3/5 guild group and no idea what was going to happen. We were punished brutally and it was the best damn heroic of my life. It felt like a little tiny raid all to ourselves. My non-guild group members (I'm not even going to call them Pugs!) were fantastic. Their numbers were average but they were patient and supportive and helpful, they provided input on what went wrong and then I ran it again as a healer this time and the Pugs were like that there too! We were all learning together and working together as a team. For the first time since Wrath started there wasn't an expectation for instant gratification just for simply showing up in the right gear!

It's hard, it'll get nerfed, we'll outgear it, tactics will become common knowledge and it'll just get easier again but I don't care because for the first time the community feels healthier and less negative. I don't know if it's just the new heroics or if Rift has finally sponged all the baddies away from this awesome game and they've finally gotten bored of calling for WoW's death because it's not casual enough for them anymore but this patch... for a patch that was so frowned upon from the moment it was announced... for a patch that was criticised before it was even on the PTR.. for a patch that was expected to signify the "death of world of warcraft"... may just be the greatest patch there has ever been.

And Firelands will be better.

I think the marginal players from Wrath are no longer attempting current 85 PVE content, but I suspect they're still paying because I doubt Blizzard would turn up the difficulty only to lose money. The complainers bluffed that they would leave and Blizzard called them on it.
    "L'enfer, c'est les autres."

Copy other post and change one word. Dont make duplicates man.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugs View Post
    Copy other post and change one word. Dont make duplicates man.
    Similar title, completely different post man :P

I had two friends end their subscription this week. I still have hopes for 4.2 myself, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently am not, I do enjoy the mounts and pets and I really enjoy ZA/zG and I really enjoy the raids.

the reason i am not enjoying wow right now isn't a problem with blizzard, its a problem with some players and it sucks because minus one fuck up blizzard did to feral druids, I enjoy this game still.
    .......Y___Y
    .......( ^v^)")
    .....(,,) \w/)/
    .......(,,,),,)

I think the marginal players from Wrath are no longer attempting current 85 PVE content, but I suspect they're still paying because I doubt Blizzard would turn up the difficulty only to lose money. The complainers bluffed that they would leave and Blizzard called them on it.
    A community is like a body filled with cells. The more cells the higher chance that there'll be a bad cell and unfortunately bad cells reproduce because people have a tendancy to jump on the negativty band wagon to feel included in a group. Negativity in our community had grown out of control so we needed to remove the bad cells by neglecting them. Rift seems to have acted as a surgical removal whilst harder content is our radiotherapy and I've spent far too much time studying malignant growths today.

It's not that I dislike WoW, I recognize that the $15 month is very cost efficient entertainment for some people, however, I just can't stand being under the umbrella of Blizzard. I am tired of shoved in with the rest of their community. I think their watercooler series is worthless. I think Blizzard is a garbage company that was corrupted by the influence of vivendi and activision. They lie about their subscription numbers and they love to add stupid "cute" micro transactions. If I wanted to play a micro transaction game, I would be playing some korean MMOs. Which, btw, have generally been true to their roots.

I'm hypocritical because I play SC2
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah
    There really isn't much to say about SC2, it's not a very complex game. Three races that never change and that's it, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviteh View Post
    It's not that I dislike WoW, I recognize that the $15 month is very cost efficient entertainment for some people, however, I just can't stand being under the umbrella of Blizzard. I am tired of shoved in with the rest of their community. I think their watercooler series is worthless. I think Blizzard is a garbage company that was corrupted by the influence of vivendi and activision. They lie about their subscription numbers and they love to add stupid "cute" micro transactions. If I wanted to play a micro transaction game, I would be playing some korean MMOs. Which, btw, have generally been true to their roots.

I'm hypocritical because I play SC2
    I don't see why you're crying considering you're not being forced to buy any of the microtransaction stuff. Also, yes, the fact that you play SC2 makes your whole post all the more absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously love wow atm, best time i've had in this game so far. The difficulty in raiding is fantastic ( I wouldn't mind a bit more challenge but all and all a great improvement) There is a lot of things to do on alts, doing altruns etc, I find the people complaining that the game is boring are people with 6/12 normal modes

10+ Year Old Account
    Played wow for 6 years.
    Don't enjoy the game anymore
    Subscription ended in February, never renewed it and never looked back.
    Spend my time dirtbiking, hanging with friends, and playing FPS rather than playing wow.
    Even though i don't play WoW anymore i would recommend it to any of my friends Looking for a good MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Played wow for 6 years.
    Don't enjoy the game anymore
    Subscription ended in February, never renewed it and never looked back.
    Spend my time dirtbiking, hanging with friends, and playing FPS rather than playing wow.
    Even though i don't play WoW anymore i would recommend it to any of my friends Looking for a good MMO.
    I totally get this. This is healthy. You can't play any game that long without burning out and the fact that you'd still reccomend it is a good attitude and shows that there's alot of life in this game still. I like you

As for people who claim Activision have corrupted WoW... I worry about these people. They clearly have a very limited understanding of business. You buy a steak in a company because it's making money. You do NOT come in and change things because if they're making enough money that you want a steak in them you don't risk upsetting that. It's like you're suggesting they'd buy a bakery and start selling newspapers made of bread, doesn't that sound rediculous?! That's how it sounds when people talk about Activision pulling strings at Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Letting my sub lapse on the first. Permanently.

I -personally- think the game has and is getting progressively worse each expansion, as Blizz caters to money and not gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by Strikesuit View Post
    I haven't had an active account since early February, and I know I'm not the only one.

I suspect Blizzard isn't changing course because they simply can't. They're committed to the "vision" for this expansion, even if it's sending them over a cliff.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

You have to admit, it does seem a bit odd to have someone who left the game and claims he "never looked back" posting on a WoW forum.

Atm i have no idea myself if im enjoying it or not .

The reasons i believe im NOT enjoying it :
    1) Everyone I knew stopped playing . From 15 Real ID friends only 2 log on atm , and those are people I've just met recently , in cata
    2) There are literally no PvPers in this server . Every good PvPer either stopped playing or changed server . I feel like I'm in a different server
    3) Im alone in the guild . The guild consists of 11 characters . 7 characters is 1 guy i know and his alts . He stopped playing . He has GM on his 1 character and im waiting for 1 month to pass so i can get Guild leader and maybe try to rebuild the guild
    4) I haven't done any arenas in ages , and it's my favourite thing to do . Noone I know playing is a real downer ..
    5)4.1 patch FPS lag . HATE IT
    6) I think i need a new PC . Or video card *sigh* . Can barely play the game with 5-10 fps (even less with 4.1 patch :/ )

Reasons I enjoy WoW atm :
    1) Im still playing it and i don't feel like stopping
    2) I still have goals in this game . It's pretty much to solo things as a lock and get money (wtb choppah!)
    3) Im still thinking ways of improving my game (Rebuilding guild , maybe change server)
    4) PvP . Might not be the best i've had but i still love it (Even if im playing destro warlock which is kinda Underpowered atm)

The reasons i don't enjoy it are more , but there not as important as the reasons I do . If there's anyone that can give me a reason to keep on playing tho please enlighten me . Im not getting bored of the game . Im getting bored of having noone to socialize . I can barely do solo raids , I ask random people in orgrimmar to invite them into raid . Like i said , don't know anyone

Me and about six of the people I used to play with stopped playing about 2.5 months ago. None of us have any desire whatsoever to go back, even with all the new 4.2 information. The game just isn't fun for us anymore.

That being said, if you are still having a good time playing, then by all means continue playing.
    Doesn't play WoW but continues to lurk MMO-Champion.

Game is great right now.

11/13 heroic and working on Sinestra, We've taken to chain running 5 man ZA timed runs for shits to get everybody who is active one of the new mounts(Even tho they look pretty shitty and completely dull next to the original :P).

4.2 content previews are breathing some fresh live into the game and giving me and my guild mates something to look forward too.
    Sinestra will die soon and it'll be fun to mess around on Council until it dies while we wait for 4.2 to hit and finish farming the Raiding achievements for this tier.

We're a US Top 100 guild, Nothing major or fancy but if you aren't enjoying the game currently and you have less heroic raiding experience than me, I urge you to seek out a guild that is active enough and/or skilled enough to meet the personal criteria you would like to meet in order to enjoy playing.

Otherwise quit I suppose, But like I said if you've done less than me and you dont' enjoy the game, you really haven't even given it a fair go. Push yourself, The content can die if you want to be the one to kill it.

At the end of the day it's a game, But I certainly hope anybody in my position agrees with me.

I've had a few potentially good groups for ZA/ZG. Then Blizzard is all like "LOLnope Instance Restart in 15:00"

10+ Year Old Account
    But like I said if you've done less than me and you dont' enjoy the game, you really haven't even given it a fair go. Push yourself, The content can die if you want to be the one to kill it.
    Nobody should ever force themselves to enjoy a video game. If someone is unsure if they still enjoy the game or not they should explore all possible options and if they don't enjoy it move on and find something else.