Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by FacepalmerXtreme View Post
    people saying "LOL if they add infinite kicks it just get abused NERD L2p this is way better having to wait 2 hrs!!!11"

idiots, it takes more than 1 vote to kick someone lol. if one guy is says derp this guy wears plate and me too, and tries to kick you... the others are likely not going to accept unless your dps is shit, in which case i think i can accept you getting kicked for low dps in turn for allowing me to kick you people with low dps lol.

infinite kicks > 2 hr kicks, because it is a vote. if players are retarded and follow saying yes to the vote every time, they will learn not to do this pretty quickly when its infinite. either way its veery rare to have people do that relative to how often people legitimately need to be kicked.
    I find that anytime someone vote kicks a Dps it goes through before I can even click yes or no, where you been?

Additionally, I don't know u, but acquired a hatred/dislike to u for using "derp"

Deleted
    The 2 hour kick debuff is a serious problem.

I now have more groups breaking than people being kicked simply because no1 can initiate one and the bastard won't leave

There has also been an influx of people going AFK simply to be spiteful, I have been unfortunate enough to encounter this multiple times (usually the tank...) and the group has simply disbanded because he couldn't be kicked.

Plain and simple, this rule punishes the good guys! (especially with the new guild run limitations)

Deleted
    What I've noticed in the heroic dungeons I've been to is that the party members wait for someone else to put up a vote kick so they won't get the penalty. They say "Lets kick him?", other people say "ok"... the person who suggested it doesn't do anything, I end up initiating it.

If Blizzard isn't going to remove the penalty completely, they should have some hidden system that'd recognise words in the reason box and only give penalty to reasons that are not in the list of accepted reasons, such as "wears plate".

Pretty easy problem to solve

everyone in group must agree to kick a player, alot of time most people click yes because they just want to complete their dungeon and dont care. if one dude says no then kick fails, if all people say yes then kick works

there will always be one good dude who wont kick for stupid reasons and almost everyone will kick when its a serious problem

although friends might prevent their bad friend getting kicked, this system would be better then it is now.

remove restriction on kicking but make the whole group agree is the best way. people kick too easy and when u need it then u cant use it hehe

if i say no to kick, my vote has no impact, blizzard should give more importance to the no vote since that indicates that the kick might not be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsesakama View Post
    I joined the dungeon with two other people in my group. We were already at the boss. One of my group members got frustrated waiting and left, and got the deserter debuff.

---------- Post added 2011-04-30 at 11:53 AM ----------

This is false. I've used the vote kick feature only twice since Cataclysm came out, this was the second. I don't even usually vote yes/no unless I absolutely have to.

The message clearly stated "this player cannot be kicked for two hours" not "you can't initiate a kick." He probably got kicked from other groups before that.
    I might be misunderstanding. Did you queue up and join straight at the boss or did you queue up and clear some trash packs with your friends up to the boss?

If it's the first one I can understand the Boomkin being AFK (as he was probably thinking it'd take 15 minutes to get a tank in). If it's the second one, kind of the same thing, only you should not have gotten the deserted debuff.

If I were in that situation I would still have killed the boss. If the Boomkin had rolled for loot (rather than letting it time out), I'd have opened a ticket about it and Blizzard could look into it and possibly punish the guy. They don't really tolerate such behavior from players, as it's not the intended purpose of LFD for 4 other players to carry 1, or 3 to carry 2, etc.

As to the second part of this post, even if you haven't initiated a kick, every time you press yes you get a 'mark'. So while you may have had the 2 hour kick wait, someone else could have, say, 30 seconds. Not always the case if your friends were your guild mates and you'd recently kicked someone else from a group (as guild groups are heavily penalized for using the kick system).

So, I'm sorry this happened to you, but Blizzard's got loopholes for players to jump through when put in tough situations like this because they don't want people abusing their system just as much as YOU don't want people abusing the system.
    Secure accounts ftw!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    "KING VARIAN, DEATHWING HAS DESTROYED HALF OF STORMWIND, WHAT DO WE DO!?"

"Build a statue of your king."

Quote Originally Posted by FacepalmerXtreme View Post

idiots, it takes more than 1 vote to kick someone lol. if one guy is says derp this guy wears plate and me too, and tries to kick you... the others are likely not going to accept unless your dps is shit, in which case i think i can accept you getting kicked for low dps in turn for allowing me to kick you people with low dps lol.

Actually, I would expect a large number of people to hit yes on that.

Next time you go to vote kick someone make your message

"You are in the queue for Alterac Valley Do you wish to enter the Battleground."

Some people hit Yes simply because it pops up on their screens. They don;t even read what the reason is.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2011-05-01 at 11:13 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.