Afflic Q regarding Pandemic

So, I specced affliction yesterday and its totally awesom. Went for the drain spec as I heard it's just a bit better than SB spec if you havde decent latency. But the only thing about this spec that annoys me is the fact that more often than not, my UA will just run out during the <25% phase when I channel DS. So, I was wondering, would it be that bad to take a point from, say, Mana Feed (2/2 -> 1/2) and put it into Pandemic to make sure UA doesn't fall off?

Deleted
    You might try it....But overall I think it will become potential dps loss on raid bosses.
    And if you're doing everything right you really shouldn't have any problem keeping UA up. 50% chance to reset timer is more than enough.
    And as only thing you probably are doing in drain phase is channel drain soul and cast haunt before the debuff runs out on boss.

Just a little question. Are you actually using Bane of Agony on drain phase? Since overall if there is only 1 boss to dps for example last phase of twilight councils you should use bane of doom.

My DS ticks tick every 4.67 secs, thats 3 tries to refresh dots and at 50% I see alot of fail there..

Using BoD when 1 boss, otherwise BoA

If you're really concerned about 50% chance on it refreshing you could go with dropping one point from shadow & flame and putting it into pandemic

15+ Year Old Account
    Take points from S&F idd, but keep your hands of mana feed. that is the reason you even play drain life spec

The drain life spec outperforming is based on near perfect latency and execution of the timing.
    It should be looked at more of a survivibility spec than competitive on dps which I am not convinced it is.
    Drain Life as a filler is not meant as an alternative to shadow bolt fully, but as a survibility choice where you take a dps hit to keep yourself alive.

Deleted
    If you ask me, the Aff: Drain is limited to VERY few encounters, where there are no target switches what so ever. And never go 1/2 Mana feed. Stay 2/2