Making a macro in windows

Hello all,

I have two monitors one set up above the other. The bottom one is the one i mainly use the top one is monitoring/itunes/research documents. I want to be able to turn on my computer, log in and have the programs i like running on my top monitor open automatically already in the place i chose. I don't mind clicking an icon and all programs load in the right place simultaneously, so i guess that would be similar to use a macro in excel or any other software pacakge i guess.

The top monitor is 24" so it has the space for multiple things to be running, I'm pretty hardware savvy however the recent change to windows has caught me off guard so any software savvy peoples who could help out would be much appreciated!!!

Thanks
    Quote from: Biged781 on May 03, 2010, 08:38:47 am
    You my friend are just short of the sense-of-humor softcap.

Deleted
    Simple way?

Just place shortcuts to the programs in:
    C:\Users\ <<USER>> \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Note they'll still require time to start after you've logged in.

If you want a start-on-demand option; then you'll want to create a batch file. Open up notepad and write in something like this:

cd "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14"
    start EXCEL.EXE
    cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes"
    start iTunes.exe
    cd "C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2010b\bin"
    start matlab.exe

Save the file, then name it so that it gets the extention BAT

Then you just need to double click to run it. Can use the above technique for rapid update deployment as well, ideally combined with the variables used for the installer to auto-complete without any prompts. Type /wait BEFORE the name of the program itself ( start /wait AMD-Catalyst-Driver.exe ), and the next step is executed only once the current program has exited.
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-04-30 at 02:12 PM.

Quality, thanks mate much appreciated.
    Quote from: Biged781 on May 03, 2010, 08:38:47 am
    You my friend are just short of the sense-of-humor softcap.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    ...Why don't you just sleep the machine... -.-
    red panda red panda red panda!