Thread: Shwoing?

Shwoing?

Ok so I have been getting the weirdest thing on my screen every now and then and no one and no where has told me what it was. So every now and then a thing will appear on my screen that says "Shwoing!" I have no idea how or why it's there and I just want to know!.

Here are two thumbnails where if you look at the middle top screen you can clearly see a big "Shwoing!"

Any help at all will be beneficial, it's just the curiosity that's killin me

----Addons I Use----
    TukUI
    NPCScan
    Addon Control Panel
    Atlasloot
    Auctionater
    Clique
    DBM
    Decursive
    Power Auras Classic
    Recount
    Tidy Plates
    RSA
    Last edited by dizzer83; 2011-04-30 at 04:07 PM. Reason: added addon list

Deleted
    Try /framestack and mousing over it.
    If that doesn't give you any hints, a list of all your addons would be appreciated.

Easiest way to find this is download FileSeek.

Set the Path to your Interface\Addons folder
    And set the query to Shwoing

You'll have your answer in about 5 seconds.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Good idea.
    It does appear to be text instead of an image, so should be found in the code of an addon as that text.

Looks like the built in Alarm clock to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's your internal game alarm clock. Your timer says 00:44 at both times & it's the same message. Click your clock & disable it from there. The message also appears in the same style as all other alarms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Defo the alarm clock. I can recognize the font that tells me to "Get off your arse and make breakfast!" whenever I play through the night =)
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

10+ Year Old Account
    The in-game clock has an alarm? And it can show messages? My goodness, that's lovely.
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

Omg I feel so stupid, I have been seeing it for so long and it has always confused me. But thank you so much I now know how to turn the bloody thing off!!

Interesting.
    May have been vaugely aware of the alarm, but certainly could not remember it having a message function.
    Must have missed that. Useful to know, thank you.