Deleted

V&T 10HM w/o Rogue strats

Hi guys, i've reading your comments and strats and following them in our raids has always lead to a kill.

We are a casual raiding spanish guild entering hard modes and the next on our aim are this dragons.
    I have discarded ZERG strat and our raid comp is the following.

Tanks: Warr, DK
    Heals: Disc, pala, shaman
    DPS: Pala, warr, priest(me), ele shaman, destro, sv hunter.

With the nerfs of 4.1 i've seen the combat does not differ so much with normal mode. The problem is that we don't really now how to deal with twilight phase.
    Counting our dps in normal mode fight and other hard modes, i think we can get the kill before the second valiona breath (changing dragons 3-4 times).
    I've heard the best way to enter the twilight realm is stacking in a tank when he reaches 5 stacks.
    I was thinking in retribution pala going down the first time. The second will be shadow priest with holy pala multidotting as many adds as possible. And the third the retridin again.

Thanks in advance and soz for the misspelling!

The zerg strat really only works out ideally in a 25 man setting, I believe it may be possible in 10m but to be totally honest it would be more tedious to grind it out that way than it would be to just learn it normally.

My guild is 25m only so I can't help you in a super direct way but on our kills we usually send down 1 Pally healer, 2 Rogues, a Mage and a Warlock.

With the changes to the downstairs and Rift Blast damage that happened a few patches back it's really no longer a problem to have a class downstairs besides Rogues. Sub spec Rogues were just more ideal when the encounter was a lot more demanding on Damage and Rogues are capable of reducing AoE by dmg by 80% for 9 out of every 10 seconds with Sub.

We've had our Warlocks get as high as 30 stacks before having to leave and other classes aswell.

The best way to enter the Twilight Realm is not via the Tank, It's to stand on the THIRD(3) cast of Dazzeling Destruction that comes down.
    He'll shoot down 3 in 1 cast, You take the third one to maximize the amount of time you spend down there without increased stacks.

I can't translate much more useful from my 25man experience but I hope this helps a little at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orrly View Post
    With the changes to the downstairs and Rift Blast damage that happened a few patches back it's really no longer a problem to have a class downstairs besides Rogues. Sub spec Rogues were just more ideal when the encounter was a lot more demanding on Damage and Rogues are capable of reducing AoE by dmg by 80% for 9 out of every 10 seconds with Sub.
    Yep, sub rogues are pretty OP for AoE fights even with low damage.

We've had our Warlocks get as high as 30 stacks before having to leave and other classes aswell.
    According to the videos i saw, this is way too much time, roughly 90 seconds. Can u confirm this?

The best way to enter the Twilight Realm is not via the Tank, It's to stand on the THIRD(3) cast of Dazzeling Destruction that comes down.
    He'll shoot down 3 in 1 cast, You take the third one to maximize the amount of time you spend down there without increased stacks.
    Ok, we will do this instead of tank stacking.

The strat could be: Going down 2dps and a healer in a row killing as many as possible until the next Dazzling destruction??

1000k thx for your repply!!

Deleted
    We send in one dps + pala healer with first dazzling, a new dps in through 2nd 5 stack, pala healer bubbles. If we haven't reached 35% by the time the 2nd dazzling hits, we send in a 3rd dps + new healer with the 2nd wave of dazzling. As long as you don't touch the balls, get hit by the breath or get hit by dazzling destructions you don't really die to anything in the twilight realm. And if your dps in the twillight isn't dead the dmg outside is very managable with 2 healers.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-04-30 at 06:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We've had our DK go down there and do that realm solo on nights where our rogue hasn't been on or was late and its worked out fine after all the nerfs to the fight.

Why are you two tanking it? That's a loss of dps for not much of a gain. We use a dps feral to go bear for the few seconds from when the tank goes down and gets back up, but I'd imagine you could have a DK pop blood presence or a warrior throw on a shield and defensive stance. If your dps warrior can tank it for those few seconds (and there shouldn't be a reason why they can't) then your DK tank could go dps and do the twilight realm for you. That's how I'd do it with your comp anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    We send in one dps + pala healer with first dazzling, a new dps in through 2nd 5 stack, pala healer bubbles. If we haven't reached 35% by the time the 2nd dazzling hits, we send in a 3rd dps + new healer with the 2nd wave of dazzling. As long as you don't touch the balls, get hit by the breath or get hit by dazzling destructions you don't really die to anything in the twilight realm. And if your dps in the twillight isn't dead the dmg outside is very managable with 2 healers.
    Thx for your answer.

Three times:
    -First dazzling
    -When the second tank reaches 5 stacks
    -Second dazzling

How many sentries do you kill each time??
    How many stacks of the debuff do you get??

Our comp is similar, the parts that matter really. Have both warriors glyph for victory rush. Have your warr tank 1st and he alone kills sentries, victory rush will keep him up. Have him pop out when he feels like the stacks are getting really high or the DK hits 4 stacks. Send your dps warr down with the DK tank to kill sentries, DK should be fine and with VR procs the warrior will be as well.

You don't always need to send down the dps warrior, that is something you will need to make a call on based on your raid dps. We usually take around 7 mins for a kill.