Deleted

against mages 4.1

hey all,

i'm shadow and i started doing arenas(2v2) after patch and made about 20 matches. In about 3/4 of these matches, there was a mage(???). We won 2 matches out of these 13, simply because i have not a single chance against mages(frost only). they destroy me. i can't dispell my m8(retri/subt). it's not so that we are playing bad, because pre 4.1 we had a 50/50 chance vs mages... skilled ones destroyed me...and the other ones got destroyed easily....but now i seem to have not a single chance vs frost mages.

something other i want to add is counterspell. umm yea i tryed a hole match only to fakecast and to use only instants... guess how often i got full cs? 3 times in a match that lasted 2mins... somehow cs seems to be alot more effective and hit always...

any1 here who can confirm this/help me?
    anything helps... (if u want to add l2p comments do as u like, in contrast to u i know that i have to learn more)

the rating we started was 1850...now we are 1700 (we go down 20(at least) and up 7(yay?))
    Last edited by mmoc6a94127d55; 2011-04-30 at 05:02 PM.

Deleted
    im gonna see alot of "L2P" comments here..
    dangerous topic to talk bout

Deleted
    There hasn't been any changes to the way counterspell works, you getting a full cs simply means the mage was good/fast enough to not get fooled by your fake casting.

I would recommend you try pillar humping as much as you can and let your partner take care of the mage, you shouldn't try casting if the mage is not currently silenced or ccd otherwise.

The nerf to spriest dispells is obviously making it harder for you as mages are countered easily by dispells as they remove their only real form of control.

However, spriests still have relatively good chances against mages compared to other classes.

Correct me if im wrong but i think you can still dispell yourself, and if this is the case, with a little help from your partner you should be able to avoid most of the mages damage by running around a pillar and disppeling any novas off of yourself, whilst using any instants you have to keep yourself alive, additionaly you can apply some of your dots to the mage to increas the pressure on him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okul View Post
    There hasn't been any changes to the way counterspell works, you getting a full cs simply means the mage was good/fast enough to not get fooled by your fake casting.

I would recommend you try pillar humping as much as you can and let your partner take care of the mage, you shouldn't try casting if the mage is not currently silenced or ccd otherwise.

The nerf to spriest dispells is obviously making it harder for you as mages are countered easily by dispells as they remove their only real form of control.

However, spriests still have relatively good chances against mages compared to other classes.

Correct me if im wrong but i think you can still dispell yourself, and if this is the case, with a little help from your partner you should be able to avoid most of the mages damage by running around a pillar and disppeling any novas off of yourself, whilst using any instants you have to keep yourself alive, additionaly you can apply some of your dots to the mage to increas the pressure on him.
    i don't know if u are playing shadow priest and i don't want sound arrogant but without these last matches i would theoretically totally agree u. pillar humping always worked rlly good for me vs mages and i only casted when the mages was los or cced so i could keep myself up with instants while i was in the open. i dispelled my m8 and at some point i helped him to dps the mage, cc the healer and dispell the block.

with the mobility mages have, u can't even cast behind a pillar. most times there comes a blink with a cs(what now can't miss, maybe that's the reason why i always have full cs), if i'm not stunned or cced otherwise.

and doting some1 up is something that doesn't rlly work with a healer in the opponent team, since 3sec fear with dr is nothing to fear for a healer.

till now, most times i killed the mage with 2xMindspike+mindblast. nice burst but now i get always 8sec silence and/or any other cc of the mage.