Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    it's gonna be interesting when in a few weeks to a month, no tanks will be queueing again because.. wow. OMG, A POTION AND 40 GOLD. what a great reward for dealing with randoms.

the satchel is totally useless and not worth the effort. a few pet collectors might go for it, but the tank shortage will start up again soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Starskee View Post
    Lol at the "it's your fault" posts. The only reason tanks get mad at people is because they are doing something wrong. How's about this, learn to play your class correctly and tanks won't give you grief. They have too much to worry about as it is without wiping the noses of bad players who are for some reason in heroics. If you don't want to play your class correctly, then don't drag other people down with your sub-standard ability. Expac has been out for months, there is no excuse for not knowing your class outisde of pure stupidity and nihilism.
    Guess what, sunshine? There are lots of bad tanks out there too. I've seen more bad tanks than bad anything else since 4.1

Here's a novel idea: If you don't know how to tank, don't queue as a tank. So simple, even a dumbass can figure it out.

just dont join pugs only go with friends

Quote Originally Posted by Aestu View Post
    Actually, no. I posted it here because I proved my point. They blamed the tank for supposedly not knowing the encounters but clearly the group didn't either.

I see this sort of language often. "Give me a chance". It's like that alcoholic bum who shakes you down saying, "Hey man I need 25 cents so I can take the train to the rehab facility". Then he takes all the quarters he's been given by a bunch of strangers he cares nothing for and will never meet again and buys a quart of whiskey.

Except instead of bums begging for a quarter so they can take all those quarters and buy booze, you have a bunch of pugs begging for a "chance" so they can take all those "chances" strangers they'll never meet again give them and go buy a welfare epic.

What you're really asking for is exactly what I described which is a margin for doubt that lets LFD DPS "think or believe" whatever they want.

"MAYBE I'm really not terrible...so clearly I'm not!"
    I really don't understand this answer.

Deleted
    Casual =/= bad and skill has nothing to do with it.

These players aren't playing for "fun", they're playing for welfare epics so they can epeen in the virtual world. Proof being they make no effort and do whatever gives purples no matter how tedious and insipid, and they duck any opportunity to challenge themselves or play that which the game is - to down bosses through gameplay.

Skill isn't inborn. Skill isn't black and white. It's acquired over time.

A saying I've taken to:
    "Bads aren't bad because they're bad, they're bad because they refuse to stop being bad."

---------- Post added 2011-04-30 at 07:19 PM ----------

Because most often said "friendly advice" is just a bunch of BS shills by the DPS so they can pretend they're not the problem or doing it wrong when they are.

What I said above applies here perfectly.
    You're a very wise man, sir. /Salute.

OT: I would've done the exact same. IF anyone is at any time under 6-8k dps, depending on gear/attitude, how they manage with fights, avoiding damage etc., I'd kick them in a heartbeat.
    I can take a guy who's doing a bit lowish dps but doing mechanics right, that's just gear problems, and I can live with that, you gotta start somewhere. - But if the person is doing too low dps, and ain't avoiding damage. (God have I kicked many because they failed @ adds in Stonecore and then blaming the healer)
    I don't play this game to carry bads who can't ask for help, or simply cant think for themselves. (fire? get out!11!) I just dont have the patience.

Yeah, I'm fine with people asking about additions to the hc mechanics etc, fair enough, your first time in here - but if they're quiet and fail = kick.

And no, I dont mind giving tips/helping others, at all; but I do mind having to carry someone who fails at every single mechanic even though they've just been told what is is.

10+ Year Old Account
    the reward is not worth the effort and time. I've gotten pets that are already known (if they made it drop pets that you didn't know it just might be worth it).
    1st 7 tier 1 heroics and i'm done see ya next week.
    I'm not about to carry and coddle some scrub through a heroic just cause he can't read the strats or better yet get DBM ( if you can't run an addon you better look it up).
    If i'm leading the dps after the 1st boss (over all and the current fight) i'm outtie 5k.
    If you can't focus target on the damn skull after a few pulls i'm outtie 5k.
    Will I help someone who's not gemmed, enchanted, @ least wearing 325 (or better ) gear, and isn't spec'd right
    Hell no.
    I took the time to L2P y can't you ?
    ohhh thats right its the Generation E (entitled).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorllin View Post
    First off, you probably made this up. Someone in full crappy greens probabaly couldn't get in a heroic. Another thing, don't be an ass. I don't care if the entire group was with you on this one. So you're in a group with someone bad. Maybe, you could offer to help them or give them pointers? Looks like Karma's a bitch.
    I entered HCs 15minutes after I dinged 85 just by getting some rep items and using the great and awesome thing that is, the auction house.

Quote Originally Posted by flick86 View Post
    I am baffled at some of the responses to this post. It is and never will be elitist to expect another player to know how to play his class and carry his own weight in anything. It is not the tanks job to teach you how to play or carry you and give you free wasted upgrades. There is nothing wrong with getting angry at poor performance.
    There is nothing wrong with getting angry at poor performance but there everything wrong with having unreasonable expectation for dps. the new heroics require 346 gears and gives upgrade. yet, some tanks expect people to be geared to teeth with raid gears. why do people think dps is quing for the new instances, for kicks? The instances just came out, so dps has to adjust to it. You can't expect people to genius in those fights. People ask other people to watch videos of the fights. But watching the videos ruins the lore and the immersion of the instances. If tanks expect everyone to watch the videos, then they should que with guildies, not with pugs. The dps classes are paying too. They should get the chance to play how they want.

Who cares if you get kicked from a noob group as a tank? Re-que and find a decent one, chances are the group you just got kicked from is going to fail without you and you get instant ques. F**k em.

How many topics does there need to be about the Satchel? Does anyone ever make sure there isn't already a topic about what they want to discuss?

Anyways from my pains of pugs in ZA/ZG I'm going to have to say that the Satchel is not worth the hours of wipes. Although when I've been placed in the easier heroics and don't have to worry about too much idiocy I find them a delightful reward. Even if it is just gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafinator View Post
    The kicking interface is HORRIBLE.

I had an issue, put in a ticket, talked with a GM and the GM said "that shouldn't be happening" (details are irrelevant)

The whole system is buggy and the interface is terrible.

OP, the Ret pally was terrible, but his timing was GENIUS.
    There is currently a problem where if you look for more after someone leaves or is kicked it puts you in the "same group" so if you kick someone who started with you, it kicks you off too. May only happen if you're on the same realm.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorllin View Post
    First off, you probably made this up. Someone in full crappy greens probabaly couldn't get in a heroic. Another thing, don't be an ass. I don't care if the entire group was with you on this one. So you're in a group with someone bad. Maybe, you could offer to help them or give them pointers? Looks like Karma's a bitch.
    THEY ARE LEVEL 85. THIS GAME HAS BEEN OUT FOR SIX YEARS. If a level 85 is doing 4k DPS (80's did more damage than that) in a heroic, they need to quit the game. There is no tips or help that can add brain cells to their brain, i'm sorry. That's what guides and elitist jerks are for, l2research and stop being lazy.

I dont really see why I should advice people on how to play their class x_x. Explaining the fights? Sure, specially on new instances like ZG and ZA are at the moment,everybody can use an explanation the first time (even though you could read the fights, but meh, we all know not everyone is that dedicated). But when somebody gets in a heroic because he had high ilvl gear in their bags, but is actually wearin greens with terrible stats for their class and shit like that...no, just no x_x, just dont go into a heroic if you dont know how to play your class (that goes for healers,dps and tanks).

Satchel def not worth it right now for the troll instances, Also whoever said Time=Skill LOL. TIME =MONEY FOOL!

Don't you love the LFD morons who type with meticulous grammar and spelling to try to make their idiotic comments seem thoughtful?

[14:53:04] [P] [85:H-Elu]: Tank dropped coz he didn't get what he wanted from Beauty. :-\
    [14:53:10] [P] [85:H-Elu]: We guess.
    [14:53:11] [DG] [85:G-Agg]: good afternoon
    [14:53:24] [P] [85:Aestu]: no he probably left because you all suck ass
    [14:53:26] [P] [85:N-Gil]: need a coffee brb
    [14:53:36] [DG] [85:G-Agg]: could be but maybe not
    [14:53:39] [P] [85:N-Gil]: nvm
    [14:53:45] [P] [85:Aestu]: no, I'm simply correct
    [14:53:49] [P] [85:Aestu]: there's no ambiguity
    [14:53:53] [P] [85:Aestu]: Defiled Earth Rager designated -Skull- by Aestu.
    [14:53:58] [P] [85:H-Elu]: Considering he was a twit that didn't seem to know fights, I'm not sure I agree with you. But we can agree to disaggree.
    [14:54:16] [P] [85:Aestu]: no, we can't
    [14:54:25] [P] [85:Aestu]: and you guys
    [14:54:32] [P] [85:Aestu]: dont "know teh fites" either
    [14:54:34] [P] [85:Aestu]: which is why
    [14:54:37] [P] [85:Aestu]: you are not stacked atm.

[14:54:53] You have been removed from the group.

---------- Post added 2011-04-30 at 07:01 PM ----------

No, what Wrath taught people is that they can pull this deafmute BS and get away with it.

What Wrath taught people is a total absence of any sense of personal responsibility.
    SOunds like the moron tanks that I kept getting last night that havnt beatin za since bc. THey tell everyone to stack on the tank for the eagle boss and they dont understand why they keep wiping. Then you get the ones that join the dungeon. Then try to take over and dont even know how to beat any of the bosses. " KILL THE LYNX NOT THE LIGHTNING TOTEM" * Random tank * ROFL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    People are also forgetting that its a random "HEROIC" right? Heroic means harder... means you have to play better..... 5 man, 10 man or 25 man.. its all the same.... heroic is harder... if you can't "play the game", then you shouldn't join a heroic.
    Yes this absolutely. This applies to the whole group too so no BS generalisation about all tanks this or all healers do that.

Normal instances are the place to figure out your class and role. I do not want to join an instance and carry people that have not bothered to figure out wtf they should be doing when it is horribly easy to do so these days with the amount of resources catering to providing players with information on every minute aspect of the game.

Yes people don't always know boss fights all the time or what certain trash does. I don't mind explaining what to do, it gets frustrating when you ignore simple mechanics wipe after wipe. However there is no way in hell I am teaching you how to play your class.

If your performance is below par for a normal dungeon get the hell out of heroics till you can improve.

---------- Post added 2011-05-01 at 12:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kongking View Post
    SOunds like the moron tanks that I kept getting last night that havnt beatin za since bc. THey tell everyone to stack on the tank for the eagle boss and they dont understand why they keep wiping. Then you get the ones that join the dungeon. Then try to take over and dont even know how to beat any of the bosses. " KILL THE LYNX NOT THE LIGHTNING TOTEM" * Random tank * ROFL
    You spread out on the eagle boss in the TBC version. Everyone used to position themselves around the square in the middle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    lol, owned with the kick thing. You deserved it though, heroics are easy enough that you can finish with 2 dps. Stop being a dick and just help him, you could have even given him tips or pointers if he was really that terrible.
    You aren't supposed to learn how to play in heroics, you learn in BGs and while leveling don't waste everyone else's time because you haven't taken the time to look at forums for tips, websites, videos, etc.
    Watch the weather change...

10+ Year Old Account
    The pleasure of having fun in a game with someone else should be the real reward when doing the random dungeons.

The satchel would be a bonus.

As for your group being bad? I'd give them some good advice, say "Thanks, but no thanks" and leave, wishing them a continued pleasurable gaming time.

It's the internet you say? Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know anonymousness automatically turned people into [Insert curseword here]. It didn't for me.
    Sometimes I will log out in Roleplaying gear, so if my stats in the image below, seem ridicoulously low, then that's probably the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    this banhammers gonna hit harder than puberty will hit justin bieber

That ret paly must be some sort of genius. Anyway, yea, people suggested it before me, but I'll echo them anyway. Don't be a dick. I carried a group where all the dps did less than or equal to 6k damage each, while I as the tank pulled close to 20k in AoE and about 9k single. Once the run was over they thanked me for being patient with them. We didn't wipe once, I hardly had to explain bosses. And the whole experience was rather painless. I only got pissed off once the run was over and I didn't get my satchel of exotic mysteries, cuz the system is bugged. Good times!

Quote Originally Posted by Starskee View Post
    Lol at the "it's your fault" posts. The only reason tanks get mad at people is because they are doing something wrong. How's about this, learn to play your class correctly and tanks won't give you grief. They have too much to worry about as it is without wiping the noses of bad players who are for some reason in heroics. If you don't want to play your class correctly, then don't drag other people down with your sub-standard ability. Expac has been out for months, there is no excuse for not knowing your class outisde of pure stupidity and nihilism.
    lawl there are way to many tanks that need to learn there class to perhaps this is...wait for it...not just dps and heals fault?! maybe everyone sucks at this game!
    "More pewpew less QQ"

This post was merely a setback!