Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is somethin' wrong with ZA

I'm just wonderin' - we did ZA guild run earlier today without any problems - 1 or 2 wipes, nothin' major. But suddenly, with almost same group, healer can't keep same tank up (on trash pack with 14k hps). On Akil'zon we had to go even with 2 healers, coz Eagles did hit us for 14k every single "air strike" and it was simply impossible to keep whole group up.
    I wouldn't be surprised if that would happen with pug group, but with guildies it is really, really weird. It just feels like somethin' went really wrong on the server side, not on ours. But I might be wrong, ofc.
    "Not that I mind senseless violence, manling, but what are you doing to that old man?" - Gotrek, the Trollslayer

I healed through ZA in a Dungeon finder group with little to no problem. And I'm only 10man geared with the occasional crap *looking at you PvP pants*

ZG last boss however... *shrug*

CC the Flame Casters

i ran it yesterday and the healer mentioned that fight being bugged, but we ended up doing it the first try so i'm not quite sure
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

your healer either sucks or dps is low. i healed it on my alt resto sham not 20min ago with no problems dps were low between 13-20k. didnt really have much mana problems just used mana tide once and i was fine
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Quote Originally Posted by Iselia View Post
    I healed through ZA in a Dungeon finder group with little to no problem. And I'm only 10man geared with the occasional crap *looking at you PvP pants*

What is this? do you mean raid geared?

Some trash packs have enrages/other gimmicks that can be dispelled or spellstolen I'd imagine. Anyway - I've had a problem with the Eagle boss as well, the damage seemed to be very high and I can't remember it being that high when I went in there for the first two days.

If it's the little eagles, you need to kill them.
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play resto druid. I have FULL pvp gear. I have done the instance with 0 wipes twice, getting both combinations of forms on last boss.

Were all the groups guild groups, or were the first few pugs? Were there a few pugged players in the first few runs, and none in the "problem" run? Luck of the Draw could be a possible factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Iselia View Post

10man geared? its the same gear lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, just to make sure that ya all did understand:
    Mornin' group - war tank, war dps, priest healer, priest dps, rogue
    Evenin' group - war tank, war dps, priest healer, priest dps, hunter
    Both times guildies, so there was no LFG buff. Same ppl, just rogue and hunter where different.
    We haven't been usin' any kind of CC.
    Mornin' was without any major problems. Hunter on trash packs was pullin' around 35-40k dps. Suddenly on the evenin' run on the same pack his dps didn't raise above 22k. Our tank was goin' down like crazy and healer (same guy) was OOM in the middle of the fight while in the mornin' he was almost full on mana when the fight was over.
    So things like this dps and hps decrease, imho, are not about some luck or bad RNG, but somethin' that happened on our server/battlegroup. But I might be wrong ofc.
    "Not that I mind senseless violence, manling, but what are you doing to that old man?" - Gotrek, the Trollslayer

cc flame casters...... trust me

did it yesterday on my 348 geared tank, had no CC classes as dps which was painful, yet we managed to one-shot the whole place, about 5 mins off chest though because DPS wasn't that great. other than that, even the healer we had, which was a Pally, only had the epics you can get for Holy through rep.

I'm not sure, maybe your tank just wasn't cycling his damage CD's or something.

Deleted
    all i know is the flamecasters can wipe you

Only problem I had so far is getting in the first day...

Deleted
    Well on trash packs stun helps a lot i always use it on Flame casters if there is no mage or other kind of dispeller in the group on Big trolls also only Bear mounted mobs in ZA are immune to stun
    About eagle boss one ranged have to be on Birds duty all of the time speaking for all birds not only white one also try to dispell your tank always if you have enough mana do it with melee coz they eat lots of damage from the damage increased debuff
    In fact healing in random group is far more easy most because you have the 15% buff unlike guild or friends formed group who have nothing i try to tank in formed group with 352 Ilv pala tank and i just give up at Eagle boss damage was too high to can healer to deal with mine ass and spike damage to others in the group he was holy pala 355 Ilv

We did it one evening with a shaman healer. We went in there next afternoon, exactly the same group. We wiped like 6-7 times on akilzon. It's like our shaman lost 2k spirit over night or something. Then we did it yesterday, and oneshotted it. It seems really really random.

10+ Year Old Account
    I healed a bear run in 346 , on a restro shaman. really no problems at all. CC does help alot and interrupts, lots of interrupts. For Bosses: Don't take extra damage? idk you aren't giving clear examples of total damage taken by all.

Deleted
    Akil'zon could be many things. The little birds with 3.5k health hit fora bout 20k each so unless you never made a point of killing them in any of your runs, it could just be you killed a few by chance (cleaves etc) as they randomly strike, which is possible since you had a warrior dps and a warrior tank (revenge cleave + thunderclap spreading rend). Also the big bird may have abducted the healer one time and not the other. (I know you can cast while abducted but most people are like "WTF?!?!" to try). Could also be static disruption stacking high on some players and getting them ko'd.