10+ Year Old Account

Any gearing tips for a resto druid? Any and all appreciated :)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ocker/advanced

I'm newish to raiding on this char so gear is a work in progress. I generally raid heal in 25 mans so I figured the 2004 haste breakpoint was the thing to go for, unfortunately that meant gemming some haste but I figured that was worth it to reach the breakpoint until I get better gear. I've tried the mastery addon and it shows a really small amount of healing being affected by it on most fights so I don't think that stat works for me.

Also I've been too lazy to farm rep for the shoulder enchants.

Any useful tips or glaring mistakes I've made?

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks fine to me. You'll be able to get rid of some of those haste gems when you get some ups.

Replace the spi enchant on your chest with the stat one. If you are raiding at least get enough rep for the shittier shoulder enchant. Don't be lazy when 25 other people are expecting you to do what you need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I generally raid heal in 25 mans so I figured the 2004 haste breakpoint was the thing to go for...
    The haste breakpoint is actually 2005. That one point can potentially mean a lot of wasted stats.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the tips so far, made a couple of changes.

One thing I'm wondering, is there any stat preference between having a 1 hander + offhand over a two handed staff? Wondering if I should be going for something like the staff from ZG and if that'd benefit me.

Deleted
    The stat preference isn't that big anymore since the Off-hand enchant was nerfed from 100 Intellect to 40 Intellect which was the major reason 1h+OH was the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    1h + offhand is still normally better.

1. you have more choices of secondary stats. Being able to double the secondary stat choices is better for balance even though they end up having the same overall number of stats.
    2. offhand enchant. It's not as big anymore but 40 int is 40 int since you will be using power torrent no matter if it's a 1h or staff.

Use wowheads item comparison. Just assuming you can only get a weapon from Za/Zg.

http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items=69591
    There are all your option with the OH int enchant added. It's just going to depend on what haste you need/can spare. The main thing is the epic OH is crit, which sucks. You'll still get more int with a blue OH than the staff, less mastery, tiny bit less haste, more spi(since the staff has none).

If the OH was mastery or haste it would stomp the staff, just going to depend on your gear for caps.

Hope this helps. =]

10+ Year Old Account
    It does, thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ocker/advanced

I'm newish to raiding on this char so gear is a work in progress. I generally raid heal in 25 mans so I figured the 2004 haste breakpoint was the thing to go for, unfortunately that meant gemming some haste but I figured that was worth it to reach the breakpoint until I get better gear. I've tried the mastery addon and it shows a really small amount of healing being affected by it on most fights so I don't think that stat works for me.

Also I've been too lazy to farm rep for the shoulder enchants.

Any useful tips or glaring mistakes I've made?
    Your bracers aren't reforged, so if you change that mastery to haste you can replace a few of your haste gems. Further, enchant haste on your boots instead of mastery and that is a few more. Also, some of your spirit/int gems are unnecessary. Int is worth a lot more than any secondary stat. Neither the chest nor leg socket bonus is worth going for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't spot those thanks. ^_^