Deleted

Logitech mx518 button problems

Got a new mouse. the Logitech mx518 , downloaded the SetPoint program from their website. installed ok..

now i want to change the 3 buttons ( 1 at bottom of scroll wheel and 2 at top) in the program i picked set keystroke assignment.. picked K and J for a tester, open note book but they work fine. both do j and k.. but in wow its just wont respond.. i changed one the the key bindings for a spell which was C to J when i push the button on the mouse. nothing happens,, check note pad again and its working.. just cant get them 3 keys working in wow.. the other buttons work fine. side buttons and scroll wheel..

can any one help?

10+ Year Old Account
    had this mouse for ages before my naga and sorry to say but its impossible

Deleted
    iv goggled and ready so many posts. loads saying they got it working by setting the + - and document flip to keystroke assignment keys..

but like iv said. iv tried.. and nothing happens in wow. but does in notepad..

so is it wow?

I use a lil more complicated version : Logitech G500 but the program mentions something about generic buttons, if you assign all buttons i.e. which are on side you might be able to use basic functions like change stances or link them to almost any ability on your toolbar. You can find a similar supportive forum here. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2089271693#3
    But I am not sure if your mouse will let you do it.

PS : Only blizzard mouse is recognized by the game, meaning all the ten programmable buttons can be assigned keys.

Deleted
    Got the mx518 and +,- and flip bound to F5, F6 resp. F7.

It is working just fine now, however i remember having problems getting it to work when i swapped from XP to win 7. Not sure if it was so simple that you have to right-click and choose run as administrator when installing set point or if you need the program to run with admin rights all the time.

It's been a while since I had a logitech mouse, but if I remember correctly there's an option in setpoint to apply the custom binds to all applications or only specific ones. Try looking for that.

Any program ran as admin and even some that arn't wont accept the key changes from setpoint unless setpoint is also set to run as admin. I aslways forget how to fix it every time I reinstall but remember sooner or later.
    Go to the setpoint exe, most likely here: "C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPointP\SetPoint.exe" then right click and hit properties, click the "Compatibility" tab, and check "run this program as admin".
    Then make sure you have your setpoint setting how you want them if you've been messing around tring to get it to work and keystroke reassignments should now work.
    I like to make sure my game is run as admin aswell but I don't think that matters for this issue.
    GL/HF

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Seems overly complicated. I just assign my buttons to actionbars. Takes 2 seconds.

Deleted
    This thread is old, but I found it during my search on google's about mx518, and figured out that you don't have to buy mouse that is 2x or 3x more then 518.

You can configure every key of keyboard to mouse4,5
    For example the modifier Shift.

Go to setpoint/ mouse 4/ sequency key stroke / use shift key / save

go back to WoW and be happy about using shift modifier on your mouse the same as Razer Naga do and Logitech G500