Thread: DK self healing

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    LOL i just love DKs. I fought a DK, he had 120k life. Had to use my skillz to take him down to 1k and he almost instantly healed himself back up to 100%. DKs are indestructible. Its just redicilous. I mean that combined with death grip and ultra CC. Anyone agrees?

Make pvp and pve heals separated would be a good idea.

1. Blood DK aren't used in arena outside of maybe 2v2, but even there that's far from the best choice.
    2. Your very first screenshot doesn't tell much because the game wasn't long.
    3. The only DK spec which is currently considered overpowered by top players is Frost, and that's only because of their damage output currently. So, other DKs are fine from a PvP perspective. I also hate them because they can pretty much solo me as a disc priest, but I still have to admit that they're fine, because this game isn't about 1v1 and as a disc priest I almost always need my team mates to peel melees off of me or they'll slaughter me. But... so what? As long as there is a way.
    Last edited by TaurenNinja; 2011-05-01 at 08:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavenrod View Post
    C) Blizzard won't balance a class for PvP, if it may have a downside, or an overtly negative impact on a player for PvE.
    My shadow priest losing her friendly dispel because of the QQ from dbags in arena begs to differ

Yea, there's really not much to say here. You can't nerf PvP without nerfing PvE, and when you focus the Blood DK, he is just going to self-heal.

OP, you are talking about nerfing a class because of 2s? Didnt you get the memo? 2s is dead and meaninglesss as far as balance. Blizzard has said as much. If you play 2s, dont complain its a broekn bracket left to die or languish in badness.

Weird how 99% of arena QQ comes from 2s. 2s has been abandoned, it will nevr be balanced. Play 3s or deal with the horrible imbalances of 2s.

---------- Post added 2011-05-01 at 11:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    LOL i just love DKs. I fought a DK, he had 120k life. Had to use my skillz to take him down to 1k and he almost instantly healed himself back up to 100%. DKs are indestructible. Its just redicilous. I mean that combined with death grip and ultra CC. Anyone agrees?

This is why no one can take these kinds of posts seriously. He healed himself from 1k to full in a flash?

A DK can heal himself to full using every single CD he has and it takes a while. Like 7 GCDs. he can Death strike a max of 3 times using every single rune (best case, never possible really). Realisticaly you are looking at 2 Death strikes for 30k healing. Then he pet sacs for another 25%. Death pact takes 2 GCDs for Frost and 1 for Unholy but Unholy also takes a huge DPS hit when sacing his pet. So far thats 4 GCDs. Now he can Lichborne heal for another but, max 3 times. Thats another 3 GCDs.

A DK cannot heal himself to full without taking a long period of time doing it and also burning CDs to do so.

Most of you have no idea how DKs even work, and I am not surprised at all.
    Last edited by Sunslayer; 2011-05-01 at 03:56 PM.

I fought a DK... he almost instantly healed himself back up to 100%.
    Only way this could even POSSIBLY happen is Vampiric Blood + Guardian Spirit + Luck of the Draw x3 with Death Pact and you can't have LotD in PvP. Even then, it's doubtful.

Either troll more or be less an idiot that whines about classes he has no clue about.

If you play Alliance in BG's, you will routinely see DK's and Warriors topping the healing charts. Mostly because we have no other healers.

I would rather fight a Frost Mage over a Blood DK any day, just takes forever to kill a decent Blood Dk.

/added nothing to conversation.

Problem 1 your basing an aroguement off an INCOMPLETE (2) BATTLEGROUND. problem 3 i suspect you are brand spankin new to PvP cuz anyone knows how you beat blood dks, you kite them.....or you run away... just cuz you cant faceroll something doesnt mean its OP. check out some old scool pvp where duels used take 30 minutes easy.

However, i do agree the heals is stupid, id rather have a real tank spec again than being squishy and rely-ing on a stupid bubble....
    WTB a real tank spec again Blizzard.....
    UH DK- Karrod

Deleted
    Nevertheless, Blizzard won't sacrifice duels and 2v2 just so that DKs would feel a little more unique in raids. There's probably going to be more absorb and less healing or something like that I bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    So OP, How would you nerf it by not nerfing it in PvE?
    It needs nerfed in PvE as well considering they can solo current content heroic bosses.... the extra 5% they added in 4.1 was a very very unneeded buff.

the 1st part of your sentence about the dk instantly healing himself to 100% would be with sacraficing ghoul while in vampiric blood and also 1 or 2 death strikes at that time which takes some gcd
    the 2nd part of your sentence about blood dks having ULTRA CC just proved that what you wrote was a poor troll attempt

Quote Originally Posted by mastertroll View Post
    2nd part of your sentence about blood dks having ULTRA CC just proved that what you wrote was a poor troll attempt
    i know right?!?! OMG CoI and Desecration?!?! how will you ever survive from that Nuke of CC ability!!
    UH DK- Karrod

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by capslocked View Post
    "Healing effect reduced while in PvP combat"
    you win internetz for perfect solution
    clear and short
    work at blizz plz

I just dont understand how blizz thought this would ever be balanced.

"Alright this guy is going to be able to self heal vs heroic and raid bosses which will be how he tanks! He doesn't even need a shield!"

Seems like a great idea, until you introduce the whole, pvp factor.

They really need to just change things based on pvp and pve. Why they're so against it i don't know. It would be the most simple way to balance the game.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrakiller View Post
    It needs nerfed in PvE as well considering they can solo current content heroic bosses.... the extra 5% they added in 4.1 was a very very unneeded buff.
    The 5% wasa tool tip update. The actual effect was not changed.

Dk self healing is fair they dont hit hard enough and are eisier to kite then some of the other classes they only can heal from melee range as well...(im not counting lichborne since high cd)
    They have high survivability but low dmg
    Edit:
    when i say low i dont mean its to little i mean comparitively in 1v1 or 2v2 you will do alot more dmg than given dk since even healing himself is a huge dps loss
    Last edited by unholyskipper; 2011-05-02 at 02:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    dk self healing is op.... just as bad as recup. lolololol

Deleted
    Remove Silly Self heals.
    Increase Parry rating by a base 6%
    Add Ability that increases Parry rating by 50% for 20 seconds, 3 mins CD
    Add Ability that reduces Damage taken by-- Wait, they got that.
    Add Ability that increases healing tak-- Sorry, already there.

- DK's can defend themselves well enough in most PvE Siturations
    - DK's self healing won't be an issue in PvP

= Problem Solved. Profit!

Note: Not all self heals, mind you. Just the rediculous ones that buffs them up in self healing by miles

10+ Year Old Account
    This game isn't balanced in 2v2 anymore. pvpers stop crying and learn to kite the blood dk or play 3s. /end thread.

well they can simply make other defensive changes to blood to make it more "tanky" rather than a heal/threat spec
    nerf the heal buff something else. personally our runeforges could use some love that stuff is just out of date and borrrring
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM