Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    NPD numbers from march 2011 put the Wii at approx 290k sales, the PS3 at approx 360k sales, and the Xbox 360 at approx 433,000 sales.

There might be more Wii's sold total, but they are no longer selling more then the other consoles, and this decline will surely continue.

Also the Wii being a success is true, but for a real gamer it was a huge failure.
    I am going to asssume that you mean "Online gamer" when you say "real gamer". If this is true, I disagree, since I consider anyone who is able to beat the single-player mode of any game more than four times simply for the enjoyment of it a "Real Gamer". This is, again, personal opinion, but if you follow my definition, the Wii was a huge success for a real gamer
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Darkagial View Post
    the Dreamcast was made by Sega... not Nintendo...
    I think he was making the point that Dreamcast came out WELL before the other next-gen consoles of the time, and even though it was a good console, it died a terrible death.

Only way nintendo stream would be worth it is if nintendo grew a pair and released a pokemon mmo for it. Thats when nintendo goes from "Catering to casuals" to "Best company ever" :P

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Except provide a secure network.

On topic though, go with the 360. Let the nintendo console launch and prove itself, then decide if it's worth purchasing.
    thats the PsN which is shit, the Ps3 is actually the strongest of the consoles.

and i agree, wait to get more info before deciding.

---------- Post added 2011-05-01 at 05:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    I am going to asssume that you mean "Online gamer" when you say "real gamer". If this is true, I disagree, since I consider anyone who is able to beat the single-player mode of any game more than four times simply for the enjoyment of it a "Real Gamer". This is, again, personal opinion, but if you follow my definition, the Wii was a huge success for a real gamer
    "real gamer" being people who can buy alcohol and drink it, sure I've rented a Wii to play a few game fore nostalga.
    and nearly ended up setting the thing on fire and cursing it and nintendo to hell for the travesties they've made for it.
    i mean"metroid: other m" are you fucking shitting me? what moron decided to put team ninja , the guys behind DoA: beach vollyball(jiggle physics) and ninja gaiden, on for the new metroid? cause i have a sledgehammer to talk to his knee caps about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    "real gamer" being people who can buy alcohol and drink it, sure I've rented a Wii to play a few game fore nostalga.
    and nearly ended up setting the thing on fire and cursing it and nintendo to hell for the travesties they've made for it.
    I have been doing this ever since Nintendo changed up the way they made the disks halfway through the console life. I love nintendo, I've grown a serious hatred for the Wii.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

10+ Year Old Account

i mean"metroid: other m" are you fucking shitting me? what moron decided to put team ninja , the guys behind DoA: beach vollyball(jiggle physics) and ninja gaiden, on for the new metroid? cause i have a sledgehammer to talk to his knee caps about.
    Were you, by chance, referring to another post of mine? What you just wrote had NOTHING to do with what you quoted!
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

There are too many fanboys in this thread for you to get honest information on which console you should buy. Honestly, you should make enough money in the time it would take for the Wii 2 to come out to own both consoles.

You could always go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Were you, by chance, referring to another post of mine? What you just wrote had NOTHING to do with what you quoted!
    by real gamer I'm referring to the people who grew up with their games, basically the people who remember tearing into a nes,snes,n64,and gamecube.
    that doesn't mean I'm opposed to them doing what they did(making casual focused games), just that they took the old franchises(granted atm zelda is still doing good, but then again after ocarina the formula never changed) and proceed to try and get them to fit the gimmick the console was made on and fuck them up so bad that they should be counted as a sin against god,humanity, and basic fucking intelligence.
    Last edited by mordale; 2011-05-01 at 05:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    by real gamer I'm referring to the people who grew up with their games, basically the people who remember tearing into a nes,snes,n64,and gamecube.
    that doesn't mean I'm opposed to them doing what they did(making casual focused games), just that they took the old franchises(granted atm zelda is still doing good, but then again after ocarina the formula never changed) and proceed to try and get them to fit the gimmick the console was made on and fuck them up so bad that they should be counted as a sin against god,humanity, and basic fucking intelligence.
    I sure as hell grew up with MY games, even though my first self-owned machine was the Gameboy Color. But the point of my post was that "real gamer" is not a term that should be used when discussing which console to go for, simply because everyone ahve different criteria for what they term "real gamer". Your definiton is based on age, while my definition is based on enjoyment(and knowledge) of games in general, which is easily found in both 16-year olds as in 40+ year olds =)

"real gamer" being people who can buy alcohol and drink it, sure I've rented a Wii to play a few game for nostalgia.
    On one hand... you say a "real" gamer is someone older, older being 21+. On the other hand you clearly define that your gaming began at a young age (nostalgia), which I am assuming you probably contribute to you being a "real" gamer now. Or.. 1337 skillz, hax0rz... what have you.

So which is it? You can't say only real gamers are older, and then say you have nostalgia about gaming, because... you were young. How could you have nostalgia about something that obviously couldn't have interested you nor kept you truly engaged as you ... just weren't really into it...?

On topic:

I have been reading about it.. the hardware... the capabilities... the claims by Nintendo. And I decided I am buying on for the household this Christmas if it is out. If not, I will get it next Christmas for us, as I will have seen what it can do by then anyhow.

My only concerns are:

-Online Capability and support.
    -Backwards Compatability (not just downloads... but.. any shot at Wii games, or even... (OMG!) Gamecube games working on it?)
    -Bluray, streaming video (Netflix, Hulu), and media format. (CATRIDGE!!!!! j/k)

As far as people saying "Blah blah CoD, Battlefield, GoW3!!!" (love them all, just sayin')..... well... it obviously will have the ability to easily render those games... and beyond. So what they are launching their next gen earlier, more power to them, the 360 is about at it's peak as far as what it can do imo ONLY because they have a terrible Disc system in comparison to Sony, and it has the weakest hardware of the three as soon as Stream is out.

I just... wouldn't get the 360 right now (to OP, I already have had it since launch, have 3 now) because with a new system coming out, you might find you are interested in it... and be pieholed into having a 360 and the M$ rushes to get their next one out and you have last gen.

It's all conjecture at this point.
    Last edited by Ebbikenezer; 2011-05-01 at 05:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricsun View Post
    I think he was making the point that Dreamcast came out WELL before the other next-gen consoles of the time, and even though it was a good console, it died a terrible death.
    Thank you. That's exactly what I was talking about.

I have no agenda against Nintendo. If they're the best console for the games I want to play, I buy it. I'm only questioning their timing. They *could* be setting themselves up to get trumped much like the Dreamcast was.

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Thank you. That's exactly what I was talking about.

I have no agenda against Nintendo. If they're the best console for the games I want to play, I buy it. I'm only questioning their timing. They *could* be setting themselves up to get trumped much like the Dreamcast was.
    The Dreamcast also failed because SEGA basically self destructed itself from the inside out slowly since after the Mega Drive (Genesis) era. Things just kept snowballing since then and SEGA just could not keep the console alive, they were out of money.

As far as the topic goes, if you like the 360's games then go for it. You know the console, the titles available obviously interest you and it's still going to be there for at least a year or two more. Whenever Nintendo releases, or not, their new console you can decide if it suits your fancy or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even the name of that console sounds childish. I'd go with the xbox, since both Microsoft and Sony don't seem to be copping out to mass market kiddie games. Sure they've got their motion games as a side-market but they're both comitted to quality games still

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats a nintendo Stream?

huh interesting: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201..._than_we_think
    Last edited by Romire; 2011-05-01 at 12:03 PM.
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Remember the Dreamcast? Yeah... I'll pass on Nintendo
    ^
    hahahah

I think separating themselves from the cluster of "X generation" consoles could work to their advantage. So instead of 2-2.5 years from now releasing something, have it within a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gruyaka View Post
    Nintendo has announced that it is releasing it's new next-gen console "Stream" (Wii 2) in either the fourth quarter of this year(2011) or the first quarter of next year(2012). I was planning on buying an Xbox 360 but now I'm hesitant. This new console from Nintendo is said to be significantly more powerful than both the PS3 and Xbox 360 in every single way. It is also targeted at hardcore gamers unlike the Wii, meaning it will be giving us real titles to play on. Considering the graphivs are now in HD and far better than current consoles and the power is phenomenal should I wait for it or just get the Xbox 360? Both Microsoft and Sony don't plan on releasing anything new until 2014.
    Did I mention the Stream even has mini HD screens on it's controllers!!

So the question at hand is do I buy an Xbox 360 now or wait for the new Nintendo Stream?
    Wait until we know ALL the information about it. If the tech is there, by God, buy the console.
    Nintendo has done a lot of fence mending since the GameCube, and 3rd Parties are back on board if the tech is right.

The 360 will drop in price.

Deleted
    Well ... i personally am a fan of the Xbox ...

i got disappointed in nintendo when they released the game cube and kinda everything that came after ...
    had a nintendo DS later too, but got disappointed in that too ...

if you really want to buy a console now i would suggest taking a xbox360.
    Stream will - indeed - be more powerful than the 360 but it is still a nintendo product and they will definately try to focus on families and children as they always did. they might add some more brutal and hardcore games to draw additional groups but i believe that such games will be very limited.

futhermore i believe that when PS4 and Xbox720 (or whatever the codenames for those products are) will be release around 2014 / 2015 will you be disappointed again that then you have a weak (in comparison) console.

also i believe that the extensions and upgrades MS will make to Kinect until the new console ships will be a major improvement and will put nintendo's motion control with stream again in the shadows. (only if you're concerned about motion control gaming).

Another reason for me to stick with Xbox is the controller which hopefully will stay the same for the next generation.

So my opinion on that: get a 360!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    So...you're saying you're wrong?

Followed by more assumptions and "I don't think I am". Yes, I saw it.

Wii launched at $250
    PS3 launched at $600

overpriced...wut?
    ps3 launch price was 500 and wii launch price 250 according to wikipedia.

Also playstation 3 was far more advanced than wii, and comparing what parts wii uses wii is overpriced crap these days.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nintendo had a great idea in the motion sensor controller however it also made making games for it by 3rd party company's harder. Also guys do you think that even with a new system they will quit making there 1st party games....I don't. Unless they revamp some of there "Lineup" it will forever be known as a kiddy system. The other problem with Nintendo is they refuse to conform and what I mean by that is they made N64 cart based and not CD based. They made it where Gamecube couldn't read DVDs and had smaller disc and the Wii didn't have regular controllers or next "next generation" graphics. I know people say who cares about all the but at the same time 3rd party company's do care and it makes it harder to put games out for there (Nintendo) system. When Nintendo decides to make a game system that is inline with the other consoles by that I mean no BS gimmicks then they will not be a "kiddy system" anymore.
    Tl'DR Nintendo needs to make less gimmicks and make it easier for 3rd party software or they will be back where there at now.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    NPD numbers from march 2011 put the Wii at approx 290k sales, the PS3 at approx 360k sales, and the Xbox 360 at approx 433,000 sales.

There might be more Wii's sold total, but they are no longer selling more then the other consoles, and this decline will surely continue.
    Ohoho, they sold more than Wii in this month alone! That's so devastating to Nintendo! I fail to see the point you're making.

Also the Wii being a success is true, but for a real gamer it was a huge failure.
    Oh, here we go, the whole "real gamer" argument. What IS a """real""" gamer? I've been playing games all my life, love 'em, and I love my Wii.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Even the name of that console sounds childish. I'd go with the xbox, since both Microsoft and Sony don't seem to be copping out to mass market kiddie games. Sure they've got their motion games as a side-market but they're both comitted to quality games still
    What do people have against "kiddie" games? If the game is fun, why should you care if it's "kiddie"? Afraid that people will judge you? When I was 9, I played some sesame street game on NES because it was really damn fun. And nowadays, games like the new Kirby game are cutesy-as-fuck, even having super-lighthearted piano and harp music everywhere and bright vibrant graphics, I play it because it's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    ps3 launch price was 500 and wii launch price 250 according to wikipedia.

Also playstation 3 was far more advanced than wii, and comparing what parts wii uses wii is overpriced crap these days.
    Read again, 60GB model was $599.

Oh, "parts" are overpriced? Please, find every single part in the PS3 and Wii with respective prices. And if you're saying "nowadays", Wii is $150 and PS3 is still $300.
    Last edited by Vook; 2011-05-01 at 03:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".