Deleted

Shadow or Discipline for duels?

I have nothing important to do this month (in WOW) so i would like to practice some duels for fun . What do you think: which spec is more "viable" for duels? I like both: Disc and Shadow. But i am not sure which one to choose. Sure, i can do it with both of them, but i would like to become real good in only one of them.
    So, if i go Shadow who would make me the most trouble?Rogue? Mage? What is my best challenge? Any healer?
    If i go Discipline, will i be able to kill someone or i will just make duels last forever? How about Disc vs any other healer?
    Also: what spec is more fun, more challenge, harder to master?

Straight up answer? Shadow.

Given equal gear and skill, there is little a Disc priest can do against any non-healer 1v1 except last a while. You can chip into a healthpool through DoTs and DD, but you'll not be able to put up enough pressure to make them go defensive and if the class has any health recuperation, it'll be nearly impossible. Versus other healers, given equal gear and skill, a Disc priest should dominate if only because of mana burn and offensive dispel, though prepare to be there a while.

As far as what spec is more fun to master in 1v1, I couldn't say. There isn't a very large segment of players that "seriously" 1v1, mostly due to the fact that it isn't balanced.

Deleted
    Ty, Spiritus I've thought that Disc can do great against most melee dps: Reflective Shield, heal self while dpsing trough Smite, HF (Attonement talent) ... Obviously i was wrong :P Reflective Shield doesn't help me against non dispellable classes? Like heal my self and wacth them slowly die on my shield?
    Anyway, i will go Shadow then for fun. Any class i need to be frightened as a shadow?

Even though i'm Shadow, i'd say Disc is the best.

Why?

Because after the 3rd hour of your enemy trying to beat you in a duel, he'll eventually just give up, cuss you out and accuse you of being OP, then leave the game.

And that's the ultimate win.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Shadow.

Firstly - It is rare to see a PVP disc priest who is specced into atonement/reflective shield. It would cost 5 talent points to spec into Evangelism and Atonement. 7 talent points for reflective shield. These 5/7 talent points, from an arena/bg perspective are NEEDED elsewhere. No desperate prayer, etc, etc etc. Unless you were speccing SPECIFICALLY for dueling, not for any other kind of PVP (or if this was a PVE spec) you probably wouldn't be specced into atonement, evangelism, or reflective shield.
    Atonement specs are not used widely in arena for a variety of reasons, and if you think anyone is going to let you sit there and hard cast smite over and over, you're in for a surprise.
    Although as disc I have beaten hunters (lol chimera shot) and manaburned casters to the ground. But on a just 1v1 basis?
    Shadow is the more viable option.

edit: grammar

Deleted
    But i can have Desperate prayer in my build + Reflective shield + Attonement + Evengelism. And i have almost full Disc spec. I didn't pick up Train of thought, Mental agility and Inner Sanctum. In Holy tree i have Empowered healing 3, Divine fury 3 and desperate prayer.
    But anyway, my main spec is Shadow right now and i enjoy a lot. I left Discipline for BGs, since there is not much healers on Alliance side, usualy ...

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    Even though i'm Shadow, i'd say Disc is the best.

Why?

Because after the 3rd hour of your enemy trying to beat you in a duel, he'll eventually just give up, cuss you out and accuse you of being OP, then leave the game.

And that's the ultimate win.
    That really made me LOL. Thanks. It really is the ultimate win.

/sarcasm on

Disc for all duels, and hope you get to duel another healer!
    2v2 arena too, get a holy pally and you will never die! It's the ultimate comp!

/sarcasm off

I'm pretty sure the only thing a Disc priest can kill is a mage. Every other dps class has some sort of self-heal that you won't be able to out-dps. Shadow is the only viable class for duel'ing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Short answer: Shadow

Long answer: disc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungara View Post
    /sarcasm on

Disc for all duels, and hope you get to duel another healer!
    2v2 arena too, get a holy pally and you will never die! It's the ultimate comp!

/sarcasm off
    Met a double holy pala comp in 2v2 the other day. Took us 17 minutes to beat them. :/

Disc

I had to register just to tell you how wrong you guys are about Disc not being able to kill anything in a duel. In fact there isn't very much we can't kill. There is not one class I haven't beaten multiple times. I have won more then 90% of my duels and that includes alot of losses that I had to leave because of arena matches.

I destroy Shadow Priests in duels, I've fought 2.8 rated warriors that I defeated in less then 30 seconds multiple times. You name a class and I have beaten it. You're wrong if you think Disc Priests can't put out offensive pressure. The only specs I don't duel are healers, thats just dumb.

The best part about dueling classes like pallies are the people watching saying your dumb, you could never kill a pally about 30 seconds before I win.

Quote Originally Posted by syiam View Post
    I had to register just to tell you how wrong you guys are about Disc not being able to kill anything in a duel. In fact there isn't very much we can't kill. There is not one class I haven't beaten multiple times. I have won more then 90% of my duels and that includes alot of losses that I had to leave because of arena matches.

I destroy Shadow Priests in duels, I've fought 2.8 rated warriors that I defeated in less then 30 seconds multiple times. You name a class and I have beaten it. You're wrong if you think Disc Priests can't put out offensive pressure. The only specs I don't duel are healers, thats just dumb.

The best part about dueling classes like pallies are the people watching saying your dumb, you could never kill a pally about 30 seconds before I win.
    Shadowfiend accounts for most of that burst damage, I suspect, or you simply can't do 130k+ damage in 30seconds against anyone half competent using stuns, silences, etc. Then again, if a 2.8k rated player is allowing your SF to even hit them, they got carried to that rating, Ebayed their account or you're lying.

I am, however, always willing to learn and improve so, if you're really that good that a 2.8k warrior can't beat you, I'd love to see a video.

Quote Originally Posted by syiam View Post
    I've fought 2.8 rated warriors that I defeated in less then 30 seconds multiple times.
    Please fraps and post.

It's not that I don't believe you, it's just that... okay, wait, yeah, I don't believe you.

Deleted
    I would say Shadow... but from my experience priest's kinda suck a duels. I consider myself a good pvp'er and there are a lot of classes that we just can't win if both players are equally geared and skilled. But we do fine at Rbg's and world pvp =) (Shadow POV)

Deleted
    Shadow, duels as disc are not nearly as fun as they are with shadow spec