Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    If you're not going out of mana then it's not worth it. If you are, the first thing you should consider is whether your raid can do anything to minimize raid damage or increase healing efficiency. If you're 100% positive that you are doing everything you can and your raid is taking advantage of every damage reduction ability possible, and you're still ooming, then consider 4pc. People need to adapt and realize that the best decision is not always based on you, but is sometimes based on your entire raid.
    Why people felt that any other comment past this was nessecary, I can't imagine. Even myself, doing nothing but agreeing, which is far from my nature.

On a related note, if you pay attention to any sort of bis list as a healer in this expansion you're a goon.

This might be a shot in the dark here but...

You might realize that top end paladins like Diamondtear more then likely keep multiple pieces, weapons, and misc gear for their healing specs. At least, i hope you all do. I am willing to bet that paladins at the progression level of Diamondtear have multiple heroic weapons (with heartsong on one and PT on the other) and not only do they have a full heroic tier set, but the heroic offset pieces as well...so they can exchange pieces and weapons depending on what they need for the current fight.

So just because you inspect his armory and hes wearing 4 pc with a PT weapon doesnt mean he wasnt geared/specced specifically for a fight or two...he might switch gear the whole night for different fights. If you inspect his armory and hes wearing a Chef hat, that doesnt mean its the right thing to wear for raids.

My point is...have both 4 pc and offset pieces available. Switch when you feel its neccessary.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Deleted
    Hey bro, thanks for recycling what I said last page.

Quote Originally Posted by NotAddicted View Post
    Hey bro, thanks for recycling what I said last page.
    you mean saying it better? yw.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

i love reading threads like this people bashing each other with the random "you dont know what you re talking about" flames in it

IMO it is personal preference + playstyle + raidcomp

359 i went all off set gear cause i loved my haste, but i have to say from the point we started the hardmodes i started getting as much mana reg i could + startet working towards 4p t11 (because of 4.1 change).

ok i lost a tick on holy radiance but with a holy priest and resto shaman there wont be no AoE dmg that kills us because my HR ticks for one less

and i must say i love my divine light spam in HC modes cause of insane manareg thanks to spirit

so my advice would be: go for the gear you can get first because at the end of the day there will be no fight where it matters if you have the one or the other. you wont wipe because of it but because of someone doing it wrong.

The entire tier is farm content for Paragon.

It's still progression for most of the rest of us. Do what makes sense for the place you're in and the content you're doing.

<3

Hell no, you shouldn't be ooming at all with a raid that knows what it's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    more spirit = more divine lights or more flash of lights = higher hps

the more healing you can do the more dps your dps can do as they dont have to avoid as much stuff.
    What the hell kind of answer is that Just because you can do more Healing you're dps just dont need to care about avoiding fire now? Thats just some dumb stuff there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    you mean saying it better? yw.
    No, I mean in grade school spelling and leaving out crucial details I didn't fail to mention making it a weak watered down version of my post, just one tiny page back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop bickering about who typed what. It's petty and stupid.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

Deleted
    This thread has gone pretty badly off topic, so lets try and bring it back on...

1.) The difference between the 2 sets is still minimal, you will NOT be at any disadvantage because you went one way or the other.

2.) Yes, having the 4 Set bonus is higher according to the statweights. Whilst i have decided its better for my 10 man raider (and currently i do have the 4 set on him) for my 25 man raider i decided it wasn't worth it (both are Holy Paladins).

3.) Regardless of whether you want it or not, in 90% of situations it is FAR better to let the other raiders in the group get the tokens for their 4 set, before you get yours.

4.) This topic isn't worth 3 pages of trolling...

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm View Post
    Why people felt that any other comment past this was nessecary, I can't imagine. Even myself, doing nothing but agreeing, which is far from my nature.
    Because there are some people that like to have the best gear possible so they can do things like go for top/competitive parses. People play for the competitive aspect of this game as well, that's the only thing that actually keeps me coming back on farm nights at least.

I think whether or not the holy paladin four piece is good is as controversial as whether OJ did it or not. LOL
    ♥Ⓐ♥Ⓦ♥Ⓔ♥Ⓢ♥Ⓞ♥Ⓜ♥Ⓔ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Eviljoe View Post
    Because there are some people that like to have the best gear possible so they can do things like go for top/competitive parses. People play for the competitive aspect of this game as well, that's the only thing that actually keeps me coming back on farm nights at least.
    Which is absolutely no different from what I quoted, as the raid needs to flex properly for you to parse well and otherwise be competitive.

It's also worth noting that pve is a pretty poor place of competition, that's really a pvp thing, and pvp in this game is kind of eh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishau View Post
    3.) Regardless of whether you want it or not, in 90% of situations it is FAR better to let the other raiders in the group get the tokens for their 4 set, before you get yours.
    QFT

The 4 set may be very slightly better but it justifies in no way taking away a token from someone who has a real benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by NotAddicted View Post
    No, I mean in grade school spelling and leaving out crucial details I didn't fail to mention making it a weak watered down version of my post, just one tiny page back.
    You mentioned Sinestra. That sums up your amazingly detailed post. lol.

i get it, you feel like someone owes you something. Your post was plain and boring though, so stop whining about it and get over it lol.

---------- Post added 2011-05-04 at 09:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coar View Post
    Hell no, you shouldn't be ooming at all with a raid that knows what it's doing.
    I dont really see how this helps anyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    You mentioned Sinestra. That sums up your amazingly detailed post. lol.

i get it, you feel like someone owes you something. Your post was plain and boring though, so stop whining about it and get over it lol.

---------- Post added 2011-05-04 at 09:53 AM ----------

I dont really see how this helps anyone
    Your post doesn't help anyone either, and you were warned to stop bickering. Consider yourself infracted.

This thread has derailed past it's usefulness, closing.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!