Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    2005 haste is the Holy Grail of Current Resto Healing. That is not to say Mastery is Bad, it's just not the Holy Grail.

    You seem to talk about mastery as if the haste druid doesnt benifit from it - but they do. They have less Mastery, but they still have mastery.
    In fact, most people will have a lot of mastery as its considered the next choice after Haste. So we actually agree with you that mastery is good, it's just not good enough to drop the Haste Break.

    Having said all this, if you feel you do well with mastery, then continue doing what you want. You are entitiled to do what you want but not entitiled to suggest its the best performance.

    If you could make a clone of yourself and compete in a raid, the clone with 2005 Haste would heal for more.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkles View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/agurk/simple

    So, im raiding 10 mans, and I have been going back and forth if I should go for the 2005 haste breakpoint, or should stick with my 9.50% haste + 3% lock buff to get 12.50% and have a lot more mastery.
    When I heal 10 mans I mostly HoT heal with Revj, WG and efflorence , not so much HT and RG (If the tank is not taking shitloads of dmg, or a dps).

    So, should I stay at my currently haste value, or get more?

    Thanks
    Don't forget the lock buff is unfortunately 1% now on other players

  3. #43
    Fluffy Kitten Myrrar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    9,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiraden View Post
    Don't forget the lock buff is unfortunately 1% now on other players
    No, the haste was not nurfed. Just the +healing to hots.

  4. #44
    916 + Mastery is still a viable strategy for 10man healing. With the changes to efflo to benefit from haste, it is now a debate on which is better (depends on fight / healing assignment) whereas prior to 4.1, 916 + mastery was hands-down superior.

    2005 is the only way to go for 25s.

  5. #45
    Fluffy Kitten Myrrar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    9,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurik View Post
    916 + Mastery is still a viable strategy for 10man healing. With the changes to efflo to benefit from haste, it is now a debate on which is better (depends on fight / healing assignment) whereas prior to 4.1, 916 + mastery was hands-down superior.

    2005 is the only way to go for 25s.
    With the change to efflor there is no debate. Before there really wasn't either besides select fights that Wg wouldn't hit 3+ targets and ofc pure tank healing for 25s. Now that efflor has been changed it doesn't matter what assignment or boss you are on, the 2005 breakpoint is better.

  6. #46
    You're wrong. Prior to the 4.1 changes, 916+mastery was significantly ahead of 2005 for 10s. Read EJ, it's well documented.

    With the changes, people haven't yet come to a conclusion if the efflo "haste-sensitive" change is enough to make up for the loss of signficant amounts of int and mastery in an environment where the payoff for mastery is very present. Which indicates it's up for debate.

  7. #47
    Fluffy Kitten Myrrar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    9,401
    No, the only time mastery stomped the haste cap in 10s were fights like Chogall(where you had to 2 heal and direct heal a lot more and every single heal was spread out and thought out, you also can't use Wg on CD) or if you are too undergeared to blow WG on CD.

    Most people chalk it up to 'either way works but if you blow WG on CD the haste cap will be better'. It also has to do with loosing int. In 25s you can sacrifice a ton of int to grab the breakpoint, in 10s not so much. It also has to do with how many healers you have and which fight you are doing.

    Sorry, I just reread though all the EJ discussions, which I actively participate in, and it's pretty obvious before the patch in 10s you got the breakpoint unless you just had to sacrifice way too much int.

    It was also a hpm problem when it came to haste + direct healing in 10s, which was really the only downfall. The fact that most people are not having intense mana problems once again, pushed haste ahead. As proven, before the patch, haste > mastery on everything besides tank healing in 10s. So fights(like I said, chogall) is where mastery shines.

    You should go reread through EJ. It's always been based on the fight and unless you plan on switching your gear around every fight, the cap was a better choice.

    Though now it's not even a discussion anymore with the efflor change. The only thing that was debated about the efflor change +mastery/haste was if it was now effected by it, which it is not. Most people are now debating if the 2005 breakpoint if worth it for tank healing now since the eff change + the reduced tranq channel time(though the tranq doesn't matter bc it's only 1 point above).

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    So you are right, even though you have no purely factual evidence saying you are right or wrong?

    This is where I end my part in the conversation, because your logic has obvious holes. PS - your mastery does not work on every heal. it works on every heal that has a hot on the target. I always get a bonus 21%, you only get it if you have another spell up. There is no way to get yours to work 100% of the time. Logic dictates that to be intrinsically false.[COLOR="red"]
    This is called hypocrisy my friend. You provided absolutely zero factual evidence for your claims. You just said that these things were true and in no way provided any sort of justification for it. You simply expected me to believe it. I have talked with many high end druids and many agree with me that there is absolutely zero reason to get haste past 916 when mastery works so great.

    I said every healing spell on the tank would be effected by mastery which is absolutely true with just the slightest bit of gaming. Lifeblood -> Rejuv -> LBx2 and now I have a 3 stack of LB and Rejuv, both affected by mastery, and every subsequent heal will be affected by mastery. I perform these spells before the boss is even pulled.

    ---------- Post added 2011-05-04 at 09:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Jurik View Post
    You're wrong. Prior to the 4.1 changes, 916+mastery was significantly ahead of 2005 for 10s. Read EJ, it's well documented.

    With the changes, people haven't yet come to a conclusion if the efflo "haste-sensitive" change is enough to make up for the loss of signficant amounts of int and mastery in an environment where the payoff for mastery is very present. Which indicates it's up for debate.
    This dude won't listen man. He's right, you're wrong, he'll never be willing to admit that different play styles make a tremendous difference on which stats you value more.

  9. #49
    Fluffy Kitten Myrrar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    9,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganoes View Post
    This is called hypocrisy my friend. You provided absolutely zero factual evidence for your claims. You just said that these things were true and in no way provided any sort of justification for it. You simply expected me to believe it. I have talked with many high end druids and many agree with me that there is absolutely zero reason to get haste past 916 when mastery works so great.

    I said every healing spell on the tank would be effected by mastery which is absolutely true with just the slightest bit of gaming. Lifeblood -> Rejuv -> LBx2 and now I have a 3 stack of LB and Rejuv, both affected by mastery, and every subsequent heal will be affected by mastery. I perform these spells before the boss is even pulled.
    I really doubt these are 'high end druids'.

    As said, there is no point debating it anymore. I would suggest reading over the EJ forum topics about the numerous numerous accounts on how and why the haste cap is better. There is more factual evidence than you can even digest.


    You are beating a dead horse. And someone who doesn't believe in evidence, aka you say you don't listen to spreadsheet or personal accounts on what other people say yet you ask for evidence. It's a joke. Closing, since it's obvious, proven, and you wont change your mind. You're just trolling now.

    Just as said before, when you eventually do change your mind, everyone told you so =]

    I have also proven that he was wrong and EJ agreed with me. But, it's ok, you just keep ignoring everyone who can prove you wrong. It's a really great way to get better at your class!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •