Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Decent gear but shitty damage

ok fellow warlocks what am i doing wrong i land around 12-16k dps
    but i think i should be having more with this gear have i reforged wrong or what is the problem im getting bad dps as destro/affli i have good dps in demo (i usually only use it for aoe)
    IM decent on holding dots up and im using proccs all the time... but what am i doing wrong...

Eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/laughing-skull/ginto/simple

all help is thanked.
    Last edited by mmocd0a59c9f79; 2011-05-01 at 08:10 PM.

Deleted
    You ask what you are doing wrong... but you dont even say what you are doing in the first place. What is your rotation? What encounter are we talking about?

Deleted
    oh sry in general just on any encounter my rotation is basicly hold soulfire buff up and the dots up constantly and keeping the conf on reuse and inc as filler chaosbolt on cd basicly

but after this patch i cant manage to get past 14k dps.......

fel flame when the 4part bonus procs.... but im thinking the recount meter is kinda fucked.....
    if i do all this is this normal to have 12-16k dps maybe something can get reforged to something better..... im rly out of ideas since i use the destro specc to almost its maximum...

15+ Year Old Account
    is this in raids or 5 mans?

Deleted
    and sry again raids ofc
    i linked to my wow-armory:/ check it out and see if u see something wierd

15+ Year Old Account
    Demo is best on ae and destro numbers peak on bosses. You have to choose which you encounter more often to get max dps. Then again duel spec :P

Deleted
    i know this, i though maybe something i can improve when it comes to reforging. if nothing is wrong there i just have to practice^^

I get about 13k on training dummy, using the same rotation.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...onathon/simple

Ok Keep Immolate up learn to clip it, Use conflag on CD same goes for Chaosbolt. Use incinerate regularly use corruption keep ISF up, Use fel flame when proc'd try and use them while moving though not while standing still E.G If you know you'l need to move somewhere soon and you have the procs just get a little closer and use the proc while moving there, it will mean more DPS time later on =). Ofcourse use Demonsoul pots W/E on CD as long as you can use them fully e.g not to much movement. Also if your raid leader tells you to do something any you know there's a better way to do it or a better place to stand do it don't be a sheep ;D.

In your Demo spec get rid of Glyph of Felguard I believe after the patch the Suci is still the best DPS pet so put glyph of Suci in there instead
    Last edited by Darktheist; 2011-05-01 at 09:00 PM.

Deleted
    haha dont worrry dark but problem is i think my dps is low compared to my gear.....

i mean i should be pounding alot more dmg thing is im usually wining damage done on HC bosses but loosing in dps kinda frustrating..

Don't worry about the DPS It's the damage that matters =) I pull about 17k DPS In blues with 3 epics but I know I'd pull less damage than you

Deleted
    regarding the felguard glyph i only use demo for hardcore AOE fights such as halfus hc in start.

well well i guess its just practice then.

We would be able to give you better information if you had a World of Logs log...

However, from reading what you have already stated:

Learn to recast your Immolate before its about to fall off so it's never off - Ideal cast its after the last tick after the 4 secs time mark.
    Same applies to Corruption and BoD.
    BoH an off-target, every little DPS counts.
    Always, start the fight with a pre-potion and a hard cast Soul Fire to get your buff running and always recast a Soul Fire before you are about to lose your ISF buff. Soul Burn it if you have to, learn to control the imps procs to your advante.
    Conflag and Chaos should always be used on CD, alwayhs.

After the patch I am not pulling anything less than 20k dps on raids and my gear is not as good as yours.

---------- Post added 2011-05-01 at 10:50 PM ----------

Looking at your armory you should reforge:

Wand: 28 mastery - > 28 haste
    Hands: 67 mastery - > 67 hit

Gem:

Headpiece - Replace: Reckless for Brilliant
    Foot - Replace: Reckless for Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Calabera View Post
    We would be able to give you better information if you had a World of Logs log...
    Gem:

Headpiece - Replace: Reckless for Brilliant
    Foot - Replace: Reckless for Brilliant
    As Calabera said - you should post link to the logs when you ask for advise how to improve your DPS.
    After reading the thread, my suspicion is that you also aren't using shadowflame on CD. I.e. when you able to stay in mellee range - do it and use shadowflame on CD.
    Also make sure your HoG is always up on fights when you have offtargets.

One more thing - keep reckless in in headpiece (30mastery+20haste is more than 20 int) but replace reckless on boots.

Haste cap

Try getting closer to the haste threshold if possible, 4 set is good to have but is supremely situation for me it has never procc'd enough to make a difference, i switched to the gloves from chogal to get close to my haste cap.

IMO:

Switch to Chogal Gloves.
    Switch to Warlock helm.

End Result:

Chogal Gloves = Gain 149 haste.
    Warlock Helm = Gain 217 haste.

Total end haste = 2109.

Following that you dont entirely need 17% hit, gherkin wrote a nice article about it ive been running around with 16% hit with no DPS loss really.

Replace hit chants on boots and bracers = 115 haste (65 from bracers, 50 from feet).

Total end haste = 2224

Finally you are an Alchemist, you should be using the stone: (its more dps than regular heart):

Haste gained = 194.
    Int gained = 301 (more sp)

Total end haste = 2418.

Goblin haste required for 2 additional ticks = 2437 (change one gem to 20 int 20 haste/ or reforge mastery on wand to haste).

Congratulations you have 2 extra immolate ticks, 2 more corruption ticks, bigger conflags, obviously more dmg from immolate and corruption, in short more dps.
    Last edited by Urgganzish; 2011-05-03 at 02:16 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm doing 23-24k in pvp gear so you are definetly doing something wrong.. the rotation you posted is about right I guess, don't think you're being honest about how you play. You should be doing alot better. You need an addon that tracks debuffs/buffs, lots of keybindings and you need to use every gcd you can and use cooldowns when you should.

Tour haste is very low for your gear level and the poster 2 above me has pointed out, along with how to fix the issue.

Also look into getting hold of the Bell from Atram either reg or heroic (i see you killed him heroic recently on your activity). It will be a boost over the heart. You can reforge the crit to hit or haste, depending on your own personal stance on hit is or your current hit needs.

I cannot comment on the spec or rotation as I never liked destro and mainly run demo.

Also minor thing, but your missing 2 minor glyphs that can make life easier in your destro spec. Another thing, if your really going to increase your DPS, look into dropping herbing and pick up something like tailoring or JC and gather on an alt (preferably a druid). It's an option to maximise your possible DPS, not a dig at a gathering prof.

Deleted
    ok my recount been bugged but im still only holding 16-18k dps:/ i wanna hold more but ima try everything u guys said and get back to u.

also as i said it can just be a matter of practice^^

and im holding my dots up 97% of the time sometimes im missing it cause i have to run away or something but in general im having them up all the time same goes for my proccs/conf

---------- Post added 2011-05-02 at 07:11 PM ----------

OK NOW sorry for bumping my own thread but here is a screen of my last chogall im rly speechless how useless the dps is and im feeling rly frustrated since it feels like im doing nothing wrong.....

im cliping dots around 1sec and everything....

img269.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnshot050211210601.jpg

ps the drain soul is low cause i died at the end

Just a suggestion. For the most part I'm thinking your concern is in spell usage and timing. Something that helped me out was the first time I saw the casting priority system used in the SimulationCraft software... but to really understand it you should probably sim yourself. Here is a thread that will get you started in that direction. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...onCraft-Thread

Go ahead and assume you have all raid buffs and boss debuffs, and make your first sim with it set to "patchwerk" and "elite"... then make a second run using "helter skelter" and "ouch! fire is hot!". This will show you the difference skill and fight mechanics makes.

Next is to use the raid comp calculator (http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/) to find out if you are missing any raid buffs or boss debuffs. If you are, then make a third and fourth sim using the actual buff/debuff settings that your team has.

If you are doing something, anything, drastically different you'll see it in the results of the four different simulations... if it's just practice then you're already on the right road by studying the cast priorities the simulation uses and looking at what you are doing differently.

Deleted
    well if i say i can pull off 16k dps EASY as destro if not even more its just affli wich is a strong problem now im basicly landing on 14kdps~ wich is LOW imo iv rebuildt the char a little for u guys that readed this thread before check it out now if this isb etter...

but also i need practicing i think...