Children's week and faction change: 2011

It definitely worked in 2010, but I'm not sure whether Blizz fixed it or not.

Can anyone confirm that faction changing does still reset the shatt and org/sw questlines, allowing to get 2 pets per year? Don't want to waste a lot of money for nothing (well I will be wasting them in the end anyway, but that's not the point of this thread anyway).

I'd like to bump this. Time is running, and I really don't want to throw away those money to check it myself. :<

Do you really feel that 1 companion pet is worth paying for two faction changes? Assuming you want to swap back afterwards..

Deleted
    well, i changed the faction one week ago, when there was no Childrens Week, and iam not able to finish quests in Orgrimmar and Shatt as well. Created a ticket , and GM said that they are already aware of it. Hopefully they will let me complete the quests, otherwise there are 2 pets i will miss.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    WIthout knowing it was Children's Week I also faction changed and now can't complete any of the final quests which make you choose one of the companion pets. Another fail by BLizzard as with every patch?

10+ Year Old Account
    did the event this week when it first hit logged back in today and got a chance to do them all over so i got 6 pets ^^

gotta love blizzard and their fails

Lol, I'm glad I made this thread. Looks like it's going to be a bad idea to waste money now.

Quote Originally Posted by wicker View Post
    did the event this week when it first hit logged back in today and got a chance to do them all over so i got 6 pets ^^

how would that give you 6 pets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wicker View Post

Woah, really? Gotta check Shatt and SW for the quests one more time today then as I completed everything the night it started. Maybe I'll get lucky *hope*

As for the 6 pets... You get 3 from all the questlines. 1 in SW/Org, 1 in Dala (Oracle or Wolvar), 1 in Shattrath. If the quests really reset, you'd be able to repeat those and pick another pet from each location.

Gosh, I can't wait to get home from work. *eyes clock*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegasupreme View Post
    how would that give you 6 pets
    1 from sw 1 from shatt 1 from dal i got 2 do the quests twice so 6 pets

Anyone know if this works this year or no?

Its best if you make your own thread asking this question, not to necro a year old thread.