Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post
    Well, you don't just do battlegrounds with people inside your battlegroup anymore.
    Source please. I've only heard this about arenas (which was 4.1)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by murdockpt View Post
    Only read the title. Didnt read th epost.

The only constant in the equation is you.

If alli is always losing, you need to remove or change the thing thats always present in every case.

Rayver, the Poster of Zero Truth

I play Horde. OP, you are correct in your statement. Horde wins most BG's. I'm actually surprised if we lose anything other than Alterac Valley, Isle of Conquest. I've no idea why it's like this, but it always has been. In pre-tbc I played alliance, and at that time, (another battlegroup) we lost all of ze fucking time. Guess just alliance sucks. (I win maybe 1 in 10 of Alterac Valley though, horde sucks in that BG or something, dunno wtf it is).

I win more than I lose (as ally), so that means horde sucks at BGs? No, because small samples never make an accurate statistic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flexxtar View Post
    Really... With the insane amount of healers on the alliance side (read 4 or more), capture the flag is almost impossible to win for hordes.

This of course means an automatic loss for allies in strand of the ancients where healers are mostly useless.
    :O

Not the games I join (on alliance side). Usually horde has more healers ;-)

Well, there are a lot of things factoring into this, some of which might possibly have become obsolete by now; some observations over the years, though:

The "good guys" faction always tends to attract players interested more in PvE, aesthetics, lore and "being a valiant hero"; e.g. Alliance in WoW, Albion in DAoC, Order in WAR, white pigeons in AION etc.

The "bad guys" faction always tends to atttract players interested more in PK, looking badass, winning and "being a r0xx0r."; e.g. Horde in WoW, Midgard in DAoC, Chaos in WAR, black pigeons in AION etc.

It's also very interesting to look at what classes were favoured by each faction, especially in the early battlegrounds:

If you saw a R13/14 Alliance, it was almost definitely a Warrior. And almost certainly a human. Every other class was wearing T2/2.5 and basically just following the Warrior. Horde was much more diverse than that. You saw lots and lots or R10 or higher players of every class and spec. And this might just be the key point. Alliance sucks in unorganized fights. They need someone to tell them what to do. Horde is mostly composed of solo artists that band together when they see fit.

According to my experiences, Its totally depends on Premading. When you queue as single, you face a premade team against u generally and it can be considered as loose. In order to make BGs equal Blizz should restrict to joining BGs as group.

nah. my main is alliance and i was always like "ugh why does alliance suck so much at pvp." then for the past month and a half ive been playing horde and leveling as pvp and now i am like "ugh why does horde suck so much at pvp."

Quote Originally Posted by ashley2ashes View Post
    nah. my main is alliance and i was always like "ugh why does alliance suck so much at pvp." then for the past month and a half ive been playing horde and leveling as pvp and now i am like "ugh why does horde suck so much at pvp."
    alliance is born with alot more braincells then horde.
    but when they reach max level they give it to the horde

I have not queued for battlegrounds as Horde in at least a year, but from what i read the queues are generally long where as Alliance are pretty much instant. Maybe this also has an effect in which type of players are bothered to join? Like, casual player that don´t really care about pvp might not stick around for a 20 minute battleground queue, where as the more "hardcore" pvpers do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really... With the insane amount of healers on the alliance side (read 4 or more), capture the flag is almost impossible to win for hordes.

This of course means an automatic loss for allies in strand of the ancients where healers are mostly useless.
    i'm yet to see a healer in a bg today on the alliance side

Quote Originally Posted by poldera View Post
    i'm yet to see a healer in a bg today on the alliance side
    You serious? I play EU, and whenever we start a game I check out our healers.
    Normally none.
    I see a priest, I go yeah! Till I see shadowform.
    Most shammies are enhancement.
    Most pallies retri or prot
    Druid feral.

Then I look at the allies classes. Priests, shammies and druids. And whattayaknow... They're all healers.
    Worst BG I've seen is a prot pally, a dps something and 8 healers in twin peaks. We lost that one... Can you imagine?

Don't play random pug bgs prime-time as alliance, play after the kids bedtime as someone mentioned and you will be winning more then you are losing easily. There is a significant difference in the quality of team mates you end up with later in the evening/night.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Don't play random pug bgs prime-time as alliance, play after the kids bedtime as someone mentioned and you will be winning more then you are losing easily. There is a significant difference in the quality of team mates you end up with later in the evening/night.
    Must be US theb, cuz the same thing applies to the alliance kiddies in EU.

I personally have a win/loss ratio of around 50% for everything. I've played both Horde and Alliance for years and experience the same.

Horde:
    • Thinks Horde are filled with immature kids
    • Thinks they lose more BG's than Alliance

Alliance:

• Thinks Alliance are filled with immature kids
    • Thinks they lose more BG's than Horde

I wish these threads would stop popping up, because it's all pointless. There's nothing special or magic about any particular faction that would cause them to win more. Until you see a study released by Blizzard concerning the average age of both factions in relation to in-game performance, then I'd kindly like to ask all of you to just shutup.

Must be US theb, cuz the same thing applies to the alliance kiddies in EU.
    Not sure I understand what you mean.
    I'm in the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by ashley2ashes View Post
    You shouldn't expect the same win/lose ratio of factions in low level brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    alliance is born with alot more braincells then horde.
    but when they reach max level they give it to the horde
    Even though it seems you're being facetious here, this is actually the case in the realmpool I was playing in. Alliance would win fairly often in <80 BGs but when they reached the level cap they'd transfer to horde because the average WSG match would go something like this from my perspective (Alliance Druid):

BG starts, I inspect some random group members to get an idea of how well equipped our team is (and how many healers we have). Most of the team has <20k HP (WotLK) and is mostly wearing blue quest rewards, no PvP trinket and sporting a PvE spec. The gates open, we mount up and start moving. I cycle target the Horde; almost without exception they have >34k HP and their shoulders indicate PvP gear. The match is pretty much decided already at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozaparks View Post
    I personally have a win/loss ratio of around 50% for everything. I've played both Horde and Alliance for years and experience the same.

Horde:
    • Thinks Horde are filled with immature kids
    • Thinks they lose more BG's than Alliance

Alliance:

• Thinks Alliance are filled with immature kids
    • Thinks they lose more BG's than Horde
    It is almost perfectly proven that alliance loses more battlegrounds than horde. Except for Alterac Valley, which favors alliance only if both factions try rushing down the bosses - which is the tactic that is being used for quite some time now.

Recently Alliance competence seems to have risen a little. In the last seven BG's Alliance won four games. And two of those losses were pretty close, and two of the wins were humiliations for the horde team.

So it feels more balanced now, which is nice. It seems to be a case of 'do you have healers in your BG?'. If the answer is yes, you'll likely do well. If the answer is no, you'll get rofflestomped.

Quote Originally Posted by murdockpt View Post
    Only read the title. Didnt read th epost.

The only constant in the equation is you.
    You can see the useless comment coming if you read the first sentences. "I stopped reading until I saw he says x"
    Noone is actually interested in where you started or stopped reading. You can not be constructive in any way without reading the whole message(which you obviously read but think "stopping reading" is something cool.)
    In my opinion people who post such crap should be given a warning then punishments like few hours-days ban.

The part where you said we are the only constant in the equation is also almost complete bullshit. The only battleground that you can actually change the tides with your gear/skill/combined is warsong gulch (oh and new twin peaks). Then comes eots in my opinion. Then comes the base capture ones arathi basin and gilneas with their low amount of player rule. You are next to nothing in the remaining ones.

And also Rayver, here is an irony; I don't know when you created your character but since the achievement system became active back in the last times of burning crusade, you did 1342 battlegrounds and won only 440 of them.