Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzzyx View Post
    You were diagnosed with depression at a hospital. It's easy to say after the fact, but it often requires something drastic before anyone can just take matters into their own hands.
    well it's not like i want to throw out a pity party here for myself, but i didn't exactly walk into a hospital going "hay gaiz, feelin suicidal halp plz lol"

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Sorry but you have no fucking idea what u are talking about why even post that?
    Okay, explain what's wrong with what I'm saying. From where I stand, it's exactly as I stated - it will only get as bad as one allows it to be. If said person being bullied has a bad background with terrible parenting and is a generally depressed individual, that doesn't change anything. Until they can psychologically say, "You know what? Fuck it. These people are pathetic." and walk away, they will continue to be bullied over the internet. If you're too emotionally unstable to be able to do that, then you shouldn't be involved in anything where it came from in the first place(forum, website, 4chan, whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by wtfPanzerkin View Post
    People need to man up. Suicide rates with bullying was almost non-existent before. But because everyone is being pampered now
    Its not because "everyone is pampered now", which is also untrue. Its because bullying and harassing others is so much easier with the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    If said person being bullied has a bad background with terrible parenting and is a generally depressed individual, that doesn't change anything..
    What exactly do you mean by this?

(forum, website, 4chan, whatever).
    You can't honestly think anyone who doesn't have rock-hard skin will frequent 4chan? lol
    Last edited by Fiddlesnarf; 2011-05-02 at 02:52 AM.

what a sad thread. and the most ironic thing about it is the sheer number of people who are saying that the bullying victim should just "grow a pair", when its they themselves who need to grow a pair and learn how to stand up for somebody who is being victimized instead of just letting it happen because they arent man enough to step in and intervene.

Deleted
    Only a few people replying here are correct, the kid being bullied probably has had his arse wiped for way too long, my father commited suicide and i agree with the people who are saying find a way to deal with it, if your seriously contemplating suicide because someone said something mean on xbox you aint gonna go far in life.

I'm 25 now and still a rather large guy. But in highschool I was the fat kid and I started going bald at 14 years old. The best way to get over anything is to laugh at yourself, before people even started making cracks at my weight or my loss of hair I was making jokes about myself. I've also be technically diagnosed at being depressed, but meh
    Honestly, I don't care if this guy is 15 or 50, if he's letting some guy HE CAN'T EVEN SEE bully him? Really? I can't fathom this in the least. I know about being picked on, and I have never a day in my life thought about suicide, wayyyyyy too much I haven't done

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    What exactly do you mean by this?
    that having a bad background doesn't change anything about how it happens. How much intake of bullying you get is dependent on how you handle the situation when it's over a medium such as the web. Wether or not they're mentally capable of doing something about it is unrelated.

You can't honestly think anyone who doesn't have rock-hard skin will frequent 4chan? lol
    Dunno, people like having sex in scuba suits so ... anything is possible.

well right now you should go find him before he kills himself.... and then we can start thinking of the solution
    "The instinct of self-preservation? You call it that. Yes, i will sink my teeth into life. Fuck your evolution. Let other species wait their turn. I'm not a lamb being led to the slaughter."
    ~Hunter

What is better, to be born good? or to overcome your evil nature through great effort?
    ~Paarthurnax
    my attempts at being funny with skyrim

10+ Year Old Account
    I would step in if it is someone I care about IRL.

I would just laugh and go "grow a pair" if it is some stranger that I don't even know on the internet.

There is a difference.

In fact even in RL if it is a stranger I most likely would do the same.

that having a bad background doesn't change anything about how it happens. How much intake of bullying you get is dependent on how you handle the situation when it's over a medium such as the web. Wether or not they're mentally capable of doing something about it is unrelated.
    Correct, it doesn't change how it happens, but it certainly damn well change how well said person copes with it.

Dunno, people like having sex in scuba suits so ... anything is possible.
    Hey! Don't judge me!