Need help in creating a one button Shield Wall Macro that works in three steps

I am trying to make a macro for shield wall such that when I press it it equips my 1h and shield, then if I press it again it casts shield wall, and then when it is over if I press it again it goes back to battle stance and equips my 2h. Is this possible? So far I have gotten pretty close on my own with this macro, but the last line is the key on if it works or not.

#showtooltip Shield Wall
    /equip Battleworn Thrash Blade
    /equip Sparkleshell Shield of the Whale
    /castsequence reset=20 defensive stance, shield wall, battle stance

This sequence works perfectly however I end up back in battle stance with my 1h/shield. I would like to end up back in battle stance with my 2h. If I add the line /equip 2hander at the end, the whole macro messes up because it casts shield wall and then right away goes to my 2h, thus removing the effect. At the moment the macro I posted works like this, press once - you equip 1h/shield and enter defensive stance, press again you activate shield wall, press again you go back to battle stance...how can I make it so that on the 3rd press when I go back into battlestance it requips my 2hander. Anyone have any ideas?

I think you hit a big nail on the head here.

Just tested it and this is the first time I've noticed that since patch 4.1 Shield Wall is removed as soon as you take off your shield, whether or not you use a macro.

I'm pretty disappointed by Blizzard if this change is intended.

Either way this macro can do what you want, if you still need it..

#showtooltip Shield Wall
    /cast [noform:2]Defensive Stance;Shield Wall
    /stopmacro [noworn:shield]
    /equip Bloodied Arcanite Reaper
    /cast Battle Stance

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by lawomous View Post
    I think you hit a big nail on the head here.

Just tested it and this is the first time I've noticed that since patch 4.1 Shield Wall is removed as soon as you take off your shield, whether or not you use a macro.

I'm pretty disappointed by Blizzard if this change is intended.

Either way this macro can do what you want, if you still need it..
    Thank you for taking the time and effort to reply, however this macro has the same problem as the one I posted, upon pressing the button a second time, shield wall is activated however immediately removed once you enter battle stance and the 2 hander is equiped.

Just so you understand Shield Wall is now removed as soon as you take off your shield.

If you want to sit for 12 seconds with a shield on then hit the macro again with shift to go back to Battle Stance with a 2h.

#showtooltip Shield Wall
    /cast [noform:2]Defensive Stance;Shield Wall
    /equip [mod:shift]Bloodied Arcanite Reaper
    /cast [mod:shift]Battle Stance
    Last edited by lawomous; 2011-05-02 at 04:31 AM.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

Shield Wall wasn't removed for me when replacing my shield with my 2hander.

<snip>
    e: Quick test. Neither changing my stance nor changing my weapon affected the buff.
    e2: Another test. Replacing the shield with a weapon (like a 2hander) makes no difference; completely removing the shield (such as Arms equipping its 2 hander) removes the buff. Weird choice on Blizz's part.
    Last edited by Matchu; 2011-05-02 at 12:54 PM. Reason: testing

10+ Year Old Account
    using equipset api and the macro equipped function for similar to my don't be in combat with fishing pole equipped.

#showtooltip Shield wall
    /castsequence [stance:2] reset=12 null, !battle stance
    /equipset [stance:1] ___
    /use [equipped:shield, stance:2] Shield Wall; !defensive stance
    /equipset [noequipped:shield] ____

for lowest maintaining effort for the set saved for the macro use tell the equipment manager to ignore all slots except main and offhand. The conditional trigger for the /equipset is my preferred option given potential of use given a mainhand that was perhaps best suited for mitigation, any dual wield or 2 handed items should trigger the equipping of the sword and board in the set if bare-handed even.

Given stance toggle is an issue in the same macro as the SW cooldown equip combo, why not run a second stance macro for the other stance and tie in some minor side effect like a BS if stance is similar to aspect or shifting and on a separate CD table

P.S. given the limited experience with whether or not a cast of null is a gcd trigger equivalent, I'm checking back to see if there's a problem if I can't test on my warrior first.
    Last edited by kemanorel; 2011-05-02 at 04:08 PM.

Deleted
    null will completely block out the /castsequence. /castsequence only advanced to the next spell on successful spellcast.