10+ Year Old Account

Disabling the Blizzard XP Gained Text

Hey guys,

Is there yet a way, or a addon that disable/hide the XP gained text? I'd rather MSBT display it (pretty-like) than the standard blizz text.

Any help would be appreciated!

You can disable it by right clicking on the chat tab, clicking "Settings" -> "Other" then unticking "Experience".

Unsure how you'd work this into a scrolling combat text.

when you say "gained text", you got to be a bit more precise:
    - is it text in the text log (ie: where people speak)
    - is it text that floates over your caracter when you kill a mob (similar to why damage appears)

For the first, read comment #2
    For the second, if you go in the interface options, and under combat floating text (or something like that), you should be able to desactivate it there

10+ Year Old Account
    The gained XP text that comes up in the world, not in the chat pane is what i'm trying to get rid of. There doesn't seem to be an option in the combat text in interface settings for it either :S

I did this / had the exact same problem. What I ended up doing was replacing the wow font with an invisible font. It makes the messages totally disappear. Aggro messages also go away.

I had this same problem a few months ago, the quickest and easiest solution was to hit level 85. The experience gain "problem" finally disappeared! Who knew : P

Quote Originally Posted by santoslhalper View Post
    What I ended up doing was replacing the wow font with an invisible font.
    Just wow, how do you get an invisible font?!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Same way you get "blank" sound files for silencing an annoying object (engineering flying mounts, I'm looking at YOU!).

I use xDamageFont addon with a blank font in place of a regular one. This will make the default Blizz combat text invisible as well, but I guess you won't mind since you're using MSBT.

This is the only solution I've found, if anyone has a smoother way to work this out, I'd love to know as well.

xDamageFont(modified)
    ~ I'm having trouble hearing you. Getting a lot of bullshit on this line. ~

Creating a blank sound though I understand involves creating an actual silent file, not just an empty one.
    So is creating an empty font as simple as an empty file ?

Googled: http://www.revitcity.com/forums.php?...thread_id=5267

May / may not be of use.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

The font needs to be an actual font file, but with invisible characters. It's in the addon I uploaded, if you only want to work with the font. For the OP, if he just wants a simple solution, all he has to do is add the addon to his Addons folder. I've been using this for a long time and it works.
    ~ I'm having trouble hearing you. Getting a lot of bullshit on this line. ~

Anyway to remove the aggro text?

I've disabled everything in combat text interface. Still pops up.

Mean this:
    http://i.imgur.com/aZvU3JD.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Talfy123 View Post
    Anyway to remove the aggro text?

I've disabled everything in combat text interface. Still pops up.

Mean this:
    http://i.imgur.com/aZvU3JD.jpg
    I would have advised a new thread, given how the last post prior was in 2011.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.