Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Patch 4.2 Previews - Recap, Ghostcrawler Interview, Blue Posts, Comics

Patch 4.2 Previews - Recap
    We had quite a lot of Patch 4.2 information in the past week and you can probably expect a little more of it this week, it's time for a recap!

PS: Don't forget to check the preview of the Dungeon Journal in a few hours!

Patch 4.2

Firelands Raid

Firelands Daily Quests

Misc. Quests

Patch 4.2 - Ghostcrawler's Interview on games.on.net
    game.on.net has a very informative interview of Ghostcrawler on Patch 4.2 on their site! It's a short read and you should definitely check it out.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Dungeon Finder and players from the same realm
    That isn't just a coincidence. Many players have stated since the release of the Dungeon Finder that they like the convenience of being matched for a group automatically, but they miss the feeling of community when they're paired with strangers from other realms with whom they might never speak again. So we made a slight change in the way the Dungeon Finder sorts through the queue matching players for a dungeon.

This was a late addition to the patch notes made yesterday evening:

The Dungeon Finder will attempt to place players from the same realm in a party together. (Source)

"Just" 7 bosses? Firelands isn't Trial of the Crusader
    This ain't Trial of the Crusader. The place is epic and there's a ton of progression and fun to be had in 4.2. The actual boss mechanics are pretty incredible, and there are a few surprises players can stumble across in the raid as well!

7 is just a number... I'd bet 4 to 7 of my toes this will not even be a topic of discussion come release of the patch. It's one of those random things people latch onto when they only have so much information, only to be distracted by something else random to take issue with the next day/week/month.

[...] I actually enjoyed raiding ToC, but we'll certainly admit it wasn't the most epic tier of raiding we've released.

We tried out a very different format for that raid. I think it suited its purpose well, but it's not a shocker that it's not a player favorite, or the most memorable raid. There's something to be said about working through an expansive dungeon with crazy trash pulls and amazing environments.

Oh man... I can't wait for you to get into Firelands! I've been given a tour of the place from our encounter design team on more than one occasion. It's friggin' epic. Serious. (Source)

Authenticator field removed from the main login screen
    The authenticator prompt is indeed no longer on the main login screen, and this was an intentional change to prepare for future authentication functionality. Rest assured your account is still protected. (Source)

Comics
    Dark Legacy Comics #286 and Teh Gladiators #232 + #233 are out!

7 is just a number! woot! first!

Honestly, 4.2 looks incredible, I cannot wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice wrap up, but uh, who wants to be placed with people from your server? I love the anonymity of randoms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rethea View Post
    Nice wrap up, but uh, who wants to be placed with people from your server? I love the anonymity of randoms.
    Me! I allways prefer people from my server. If anyone queue then sure others can come.

If this change fixes people being giant douchenozzles, then it will be great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some same server accountability might add some quality to dungeon queues. Of course this is a wild hope but hey, a boy can dream right?

Dark Legacy is totally reminiscent of the bears in Hyjal... or at least that's what I was thinking of when I first saw that. My poor first bear totally missed that trampoline before I figured out what the heck was going on...

Deleted
    When do you think it might be released? June/July?

Wow why is that picture of ghostcrawler so hilarious? It's so awkward. I burst out laughing when I saw it.
    Last edited by epec; 2011-05-02 at 05:19 AM.

I really like the LFD change!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah boi, internode reppin for australia.
    "WHY? Because I have green hair". "Screw the money I have rules, wait... that's not right".

GC lookin fly as a muddafucca in that pic

Deleted
    But u can't form guilds with players from other realms, this helps build a community to see who u want to play with in a guild based on personality/skills/whatever.

Is the T12 going through more changes? One can hope, Priest helmet needs further tweakin cuz I still think of it like this...
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2011-05-02 at 05:23 AM.

I'm betting you are a dick to people in randoms. This change is welcomed. It'll be easier to make a sh!tlist now.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably already been said, but I'll say it once more.

Ragnaros. Looks. Incredible.

DLC as awesome as always

Deleted
    Just 7 Bosses...Ulduar had 14 Bosses and it was the best Raid ever. When you've got 14 Bosses there is a better Progress and a real feeling of doing something epic.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    They are trying to hype up these 7 bosses too much. I could see 10 bosses being awesome sauce, but 7 bosses just isn't that much... You can't have every boss be super hard and you can't have every boss be lootbags, some halfway point needs to be reached, and I don't see that happening with just 7 bosses.

At the same time, I know blizzard is pretty awesome and maybe I can suspend my disbelieve long enough to see it for myself. I'm guessing the massive QQ waves will persuade me in the wrong direction before that time happens tho.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeX View Post
    Just 7 Bosses...Ulduar had 14 Bosses and it was the best Raid ever. When you've got 14 Bosses there is a better Progress and a real feeling of doing something epic.
    How do you know it won't be epic? does more bosses mean more epicness? if blizzard made a raid with only deathwing as a boss.... would that take away the epic feeling of beating him?