Deleted

Game Goes Black then Display drivers Fail

Hi all just wanted to drop this post to see if any one else has had this ...(im running on vista ultimate 32 bit)
    i have a BFG 8800GTS 512 GFX card running GeForce/ION Driver v266.58 WHQL 266.58 sinceJanuary 18, 2011 and had no problems .. as of Saturday my screen went Black ( still hearing wow in background) and then a pop up saying my display Drivers had stoped working and they had recovered. i crashed wow and restarted .
    So i udated my drivers to the latest version and playing wow most of sunday the it happened again ... its not happening all the time just random and olny twice so far .
    so i thought the GFX card was overheating and the temps are well within tollerance . the case is well ventilated and all the vents are free from dust .
    im gonna do a clean uninstall of the drivers from safe mode and install the latest ones again an see what happenes.
    If any one else has had this and fixed it if you could let me know what you did i would be most greatfull in case i have missed anything ..
    Regards
    Darkmesiah

Deleted
    Hi

Is your card still in the warranty?
    If yes I recommend you to contact the vendor as fast as you can.
    A clean driver installation may fix the issue, but if it doesn't that means your card may be damaged!

That issue happened to me and a friend of mine.

I had an Asus G1S and last year that started happening when I was playing or watching some videos. I updated every driver (clean installs too) but that didn't solved anything. It started to happen often and often. Eventually my card just died and I needed to buy a new laptop because I was out of warranty.
    My friend's story is similar. He bought a new card and he started to experience the same problems. He contacted the vendor and they gave him a new card that fixed the problem.

The pop up you see was introduced in Vista and happens when the SO is waiting for some hardware response and a time-out happens. That can mean, like stated, driver problems (the SO tries to solve that with a driver restart) or the hardware may be damaged (in my opinion that's the problem you're facing)

happened with my 295, just a bad card, replace it.

Deleted
    Ok ive recently been told that my card isnt a dx 11 card lol and since 4.1 release and the option to change from DX 9 and DX 11 in the video options .. mine was set to Dx 11 so ive put it back to 9 and il let u all know if i get any more crashes ..