Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Smart places to use rallying cry

Would be an idea to get some sort of list together. I'm open to correction and will keep this list edited for optimal moments, these are my thoughts at optimal moments of use.

Note that this is aimed from a warrior dps point of view so taking into account typical positions for warrior dps. such as Rohashs platform on heroic conclave which I would imagine no prot warrior would ever be on. Also I've no experience on Heroic Nef, Cho'gall, Al'Akir, Council or Sinestra so input on those would be cool.

Tier 11

Magmaw
    Normal - Worth holding onto in case of an ignition/flame pillar error. Shouldn't need using.
    Heroic - moments of the nuke phase / recovering from an add explosion

Omnotron
    Normal - Magmatrons AoE
    Heroic - When Magma's AoE and shadow conductor are at the same time.

Chimaeron
    Normal - Feud survival / Survive an extra swing in last phase.
    Heroic - Feud survival / Survive an extra swing in last phase / Boost raid survival time as dot ticks everyone close to death

Maloriak
    Normal- Either red phase before a flame blast or during a troubled moment in the final phase.
    Heroic- Same

Atramedes
    Normal- May possibly help during a searing flame though sound is sound which is the main killer so probably not very useful here.
    Heroic - Same

Nefarian
    Normal - P2 crackles
    Heroic - Phase 3 crackles

Halfus
    Normal - Furious Roar
    Heroic - Early on to assist tanks / Furious Roar / Shadow Nova recovery

Valiona+Theralion
    Normal - P3 Blackouts
    Heroic - Assuming your suiciding P3 blackouts, some other earlier blackouts.

Ascendant Council
    Normal - Burn phase, dying seconds.
    Heroic - Burn phase, dying seconds.

Cho'gall
    Normal - Burn phase, dying seconds
    Heroic - Shadow add AoE / Burn phase

Conclave of Wind
    Normal - Nezir's storm?
    Heroic - Rohash's shield, cooldowns fit around the 1st and 3rd occurrences.

Al'Akir
    Normal - Burn phase.
    Heroic - Burn phase.

Tier 12

Shannox
    Normal - Little to no use for raidwide cooldowns here.
    Heroic - As above

Beth'tilac
    Normal - Used in conjunction with your healers and in a rotation with other raidwide cooldowns for the burn phase.
    Heroic - As above

Rhyolith
    Normal - Use just before a concussive stomp in the last phase when the raids health isnt topped up.
    Heroic - As above

Alysrazor
    Normal - Used in conjunction with your healers and in a rotation with other raidwide cooldowns for the burn phase.
    Heroic - As above. Or if things get really funky during a firestorm.

Baleroc
    Normal - Personal cooldown on a shard stack overdose or if called for to help another. Not majorly useful.
    Heroic - As above.

Staghelm
    Normal - Used in conjunction with your healers and in a rotation with other raidwide cooldowns for the scorpion phase.
    Heroic - Best used during the orb phase to help ranged.

Ragnaros
    Normal - Seed phase, as a reaction to impending sons failure.
    Heroic - Phase 1: First Magma Trap
    Phase 2: Second set of seeds
    Phase 4: Either killing First meteor or running to new breadth after killing meteor.

Note: Use Rallying Cry with consideration and not on schedule. (unless your healers tell you otherwise) This public safety warning was brought to you by Iyona! ^.~
    Last edited by Aurora; 2011-10-08 at 05:19 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    PvP
    Yourself low - in the Enraged Regeneration macro
    Teammate low - klick klick! Or button no. 13 on your Razer Naga or whatever

I have mine as the 3 on the Nage :]

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice list.
    Seemed to be useful in ZA on the boss that does the lightning storm too.
    Warlock (SL main)

If you have a priest healer who is about to do that hymn of hope/divine hymn thing.

During a burn phase/high aoe damage portion of any fight helps a ton.

Or, if your tank doesn't have a Last Stand ability

Decent, but keep in mind that it's a 30 yard range so P2 Nef it will only benefit your platform, for nef will be more useful to use it on the 80% electrocute as most of the raid will have used their defensive cds for the first one, or save it until the first electrocute in P3.

Magmaw: during Lava Spew (eps. last phase on heroic) should be the best use, waiting for pillar fails doesn't sound useful.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is it bad that I still haven't trained it? I swear every time I'm in game and in a city I forget about it, then get into a group and am like, oh crap forgot to train that! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triadragon View Post
    Decent, but keep in mind that it's a 30 yard range so P2 Nef it will only benefit your platform, for nef will be more useful to use it on the 80% electrocute as most of the raid will have used their defensive cds for the first one, or save it until the first electrocute in P3.
    True unless you had a warrior to each platform.

From my experience (on normal) nobody is really at risk of death from P1 or P3 crackles assuming healers are doing a semi-competent job bar the tanks who have cds anyway. The P2 one is often a killer

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Chimaeron
    Normal - Feud survival
    Heroic - Possibly best saved for the dying moments of the last phase to buy extra time although probably not since warrior aggro whores will be long dead at this stage barring a combat ress.
    At the end of Chime, he'll hit you pretty hard, he just has a 5s swing timer. Most dps will die in 2 strikes. You'll have to wait until you're sub-10k and then pop this CD to survive the next strike. But be aware that the buff will wear off in 10s and kill you.

I think you'll be better off using RC during the feuds as you did for normal. Not only is the damage still there, but you're also boosting the tank who badly needs it. Make sure you apply it as the boss goes to double strike the tank.

- - - - - - - - - -

On the majority of fights there is little need for organised RC. After all we've killed them many times before. Although if you're on a progress fight you're probably wanting to plan the usage as you've listed in your guide.

What I'm encouraging from my Warriors is to have a raid frame showing each members health bar. Then to pop the CD on gut reactions if it looks like it is going wrong for someone. I'm expecting this to save more people than on predictable damage that the healers are already well on top of.
    Last edited by Mammoth; 2011-05-03 at 03:29 PM.

Deleted
    For council HC and Chog'all HC.

Council HC: Its pretty much during burn phase buying the healers some time.

For cho'gall HC: There is some possibilitys here. For one when a bad Shadow add get absorbed with to much HP and he does his AOE for abit more than normal. And then ofc during p2 burnphase again to buy healers a little more time.

10+ Year Old Account
    For 10m Hc's theres no exact time just activate when you see someone is dying coz if u loose someone in 10m its mostly wipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great thread man, I've been thinking/making my own mini list for when to use rallying, now I don't have to! :P

Deleted
    Keep in mind Rallying Cry doesn't actually reduce damage in any way. Consider it an instant AoE heal healing for a considerable amount, but which dissapears 10 seconds later.

As of such, using it on just any ability doesn't necessarily benefit your raid at all. Use it when
    an ability would otherwise kill you or somebody else.

If your healers are late to heal the electrocute, massacre/feud slime or on a blackout, that's the perfect opportunity to buy your healers some extra time.

My point is, Rallying Cry isn't an ability you should incorporate in your tactics or count on, you should rather use it when something unexpected has happened, like if too few/many stacked up for a blackout or somebody is about to die on any encounter.

I would much rather have a raid wall like the protection paladin's.. I'm not even sure if I should use rallying cry as protection warrior. Wastes my last stand
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imtor/advanced

Grimtor - Protection warrior - The maelstrom EU.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    Keep in mind Rallying Cry doesn't actually reduce damage in any way. Consider it an instant AoE heal healing for a considerable amount, but which dissapears 10 seconds later.

As of such, using it on just any ability doesn't necessarily benefit your raid at all. Use it when
    an ability would otherwise kill you or somebody else.

If your healers are late to heal the electrocute, massacre/feud slime or on a blackout, that's the perfect opportunity to buy your healers some extra time.

My point is, Rallying Cry isn't an ability you should incorporate in your tactics or count on, you should rather use it when something unexpected has happened, like if too few/many stacked up for a blackout or somebody is about to die on any encounter.
    It depends.

If your in a 25 man raid with 3 dps warriors you can buy yourself a cushion on some of the more deadly boss abilities with some organisation. Encounters aren't balanced around incorporating rallying cry, but there are a number of snap damage abilities in the game and rallying cry and help your healers out in a big way to keep people alive through those.

Take for example storm shield on heroic conclave, that thing ticks for 30k. To use it reactively in that situation would be foolish because the time you realise the shield is going down too slow its probably too late. It makes all the sense in the world to have the shout up before the storm shield to give everyone a cushion of being able to survive an extra tick.

Your plan makes sense on some bosses but on bosses with a small number of timed bursts of huge damage it would seem foolish to not plan your rallying crys around making surviving them easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    It depends.

If your in a 25 man raid with 3 dps warriors you can buy yourself a cushion on some of the more deadly boss abilities with some organisation. Encounters aren't balanced around incorporating rallying cry, but there are a number of snap damage abilities in the game and rallying cry and help your healers out in a big way to keep people alive through those.

Take for example storm shield on heroic conclave, that thing ticks for 30k. To use it reactively in that situation would be foolish because the time you realise the shield is going down too slow its probably too late. It makes all the sense in the world to have the shout up before the storm shield to give everyone a cushion of being able to survive an extra tick.

Your plan makes sense on some bosses but on bosses with a small number of timed bursts of huge damage it would seem foolish to not plan your rallying crys around making surviving them easier.
    You can plan ahead of when you may want to use it, but there's no point in using it if everybody is at a healthy amount of health, then you're much better off saving it to the next risky scenario. If you've "planned" on using it to counter a Blackout but everyone's topped off, using it is nothing but a waste. It doesn't decrease the required healing output, but using it gives healers a couple of extra seconds to get heals through - or saves the entire raid's arses if the healers already were a couple of seconds late.

Storm Shield is, however, the perfect example of when you want to use it ahead of time and possibly every time.

More specific experienced:

Magmaw - when aoe breath thingy happens on heroic, it does helluva lot dmg and when P2 starts its good to use it so people wont die if they happen to not be enough spread.

Nomnotron - on heroic when magma aoe and shadow conductor are at sametime.

Chimaeron - P2, for extra health = extra time to survive with the dot. (even at the start of the phase it helps...)

Atramedes - Searing flame ofcourse, after it and/or when raid seems to have low hp so it will help them survive modulation and stuff.

Halfus - before furious roar ofc and if even one shadow nova gets past its a good way to cover its dmg until healers get everyone up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    You can plan ahead of when you may want to use it, but there's no point in using it if everybody is at a healthy amount of health, then you're much better off saving it to the next risky scenario. If you've "planned" on using it to counter a Blackout but everyone's topped off, using it is nothing but a waste. It doesn't decrease the required healing output, but using it gives healers a couple of extra seconds to get heals through - or saves the entire raid's arses if the healers already were a couple of seconds late.

Storm Shield is, however, the perfect example of when you want to use it ahead of time and possibly every time.
    The list isn't specifically meant as "you must use RC at these moments", more of a guide as to smart places to consider using it. Blackout like you said isn't something you should RC on recklessly, but it is the specific moment of that fight that you should at least consider using it. Having pre-determined points to use RC on each boss isn't wise but having pre-determined points to consider using it, certainly is. If that makes sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    it would be very good to co ordinate with your tanks if they're taking more damage for whatever reason. giving pallies, druids and DKs a last stand in addition to other cooldowns is very powerful.