Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    The list isn't specifically meant as "you must use RC at these moments", more of a guide as to smart places to consider using it. Blackout like you said isn't something you should RC on recklessly, but it is the specific moment of that fight that you should at least consider using it. Having pre-determined points to use RC on each boss isn't wise but having pre-determined points to consider using it, certainly is. If that makes sense.
    Yeah definately. I just thought it had to be said, and I think you should update your OP with a line suggesting to use it with consideration and not on schedule. :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    done

Updated list from input by Otaka and Lego.

Deleted
    done ;)

Updated list from input by Otaka and Lego.
    :D

not really what I meant but hey ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Sinestra - On the 9th flame breath in Phase 3 as that's where my RC has been assigned to

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    Sinestra - On the 9th flame breath in Phase 3 as that's where my RC has been assigned to
    Why specifically the 9th?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why specifically the 9th?
    probably a breath where other cd's will be down i would assume.

I tend to use rallying cry whenever there is a lot of raid damage or if it is called out. It's very situational but also nice for PVP

Agreed, makes for a wonderful reactive 'borrowed time' button for when the healer(s) ire having a bad day. But the natural greatest benefit of RQQ in my eyes is bolstering your friendly neighbourhood tanks cd arsenal, and sync it with their cd usage (aka let them whisper spam you when they want it).
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.

Quote Originally Posted by Triadragon View Post
    Decent, but keep in mind that it's a 30 yard range so P2 Nef it will only benefit your platform, for nef will be more useful to use it on the 80% electrocute as most of the raid will have used their defensive cds for the first one, or save it until the first electrocute in P3.
    i will assume he meant phase 3, as you should not be pushing nef during the air phase on heroic difficulty

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated !

don't use it on chim. when the health fades, you lose it. if you lose the health when you're under the min, you die. and with rallying cry, that means the whole raid dies.

no, i've never wiped like that last week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssith View Post
    don't use it on chim. when the health fades, you lose it. if you lose the health when you're under the min, you die. and with rallying cry, that means the whole raid dies.

IIRC, you can't die from RC. If you are under the amount that RC buffs you, you drop to 1 hp.

Deleted
    On Al'akir id say its better used during late p2 when Acid rain is starting to deal more dmg.
    Burn phase on al'akir should not be a issue if everyone plays as they are supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    Well 9th although I am not 100% sure already sounds like the haste buff has faded which is a great time to use cooldowns for the breaths to relieve the healers. We also use a couple rcs for them since our paladin tank healer claims that sometimes if he stops healing for the gcd to use auramastery that phase the tank drops. I am no healer myself so I can't comment on the latter one but the rallying cry definitely helps a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    IIRC, you can't die from RC. If you are under the amount that RC buffs you, you drop to 1 hp.
    only if you have over 10k HP

with the bile-o-tron buff, RC and less than 10k HP, if RC falls off, you die because the health is lost. it really did kill about 6 people instantly because of bad timing last week.

10+ Year Old Account

Its at its most useful on the first feud tick when everyone is in range and healers are trying to get people up. Theres no repercussions to using RC at that stage of the fight. Its very risky to use with a massacre coming soon, as you said.

Deleted
    Its at its most useful on the first feud tick when everyone is in range and healers are trying to get people up. Theres no repercussions to using RC at that stage of the fight. Its very risky to use with a massacre coming soon, as you said.
    Just wanted to clarify what I meant, was that losing the RC buff itself will not kill you, but slime damage or massacre right after. If you take no additional damage right after, losing RC drops you to 1 hp.

Deleted

thing to add ...

Atramedes: right before or after searing flame, to smooth out the damage done by the modulation that follows 6 seconds after the flames. (especially on heroic)
    (searing flame itself no longer adds sound btw)

only if you have over 10k HP

with the bile-o-tron buff, RC and less than 10k HP, if RC falls off, you die because the health is lost. it really did kill about 6 people instantly because of bad timing last week.
    thats not how it works. both rallying cry and last stand will always drop you to 1 health if you are below the bonus health that they initially gave you. what probably happened is you did rc and after it wore off dropped them to the 1 hp, and they were immediately slimed or hit by a massacre

10+ Year Old Account
    Maloriak
    Normal- Either red phase before a flame blast or during a troubled moment in the final phase.
    Heroic- Same
    I've found that the best place to use it is during the dark phase on heroic maloriak. You find a lot of pesky melee dps sitting the dark sludge and I end up getting the warriors to rotate rallying cry depending on how the raid is doing for hp. And ofc saving for the last phase. Some people just don't know how to avoid those frost bombs.

---------- Post added 2011-05-23 at 01:52 AM ----------

Cho'gall
    Normal - Burn phase, dying seconds
    Heroic - Shadow add AoE / Burn phase
    For heroic cho'gall deffinatly the last phase. No doubt about it. If your lucky and have more than warrior in the raid rotate them depending on raid hp.
    The only other time you may need it is if your dps wasn't fast enough on the shadow elemental giving it more than 2 to 3 stacks on cho'gall. That plus any damage increase from the MC will deffinatly wipe the raid.

---------- Post added 2011-05-23 at 01:57 AM ----------

Oh I just thought I should let prot warriors know. Rallying cry and last stand stack. Ended up with 300k hp the other day and only just realised they were stacking. This is ofc with another warrior popping rallying cry and your last stand.