Estimation of the release of 4.2?

4.1 is newly released, so normally it would take some time until a new patch comes along, but 4.1 is really not a major patch, since it had no gear tier, no more challanges for top end raiders, no loot upgrades, no more raidbosses and so on.

Now we see a lot of info about 4.2 on the frontpage, even a recap has been made already. Would anyone be able to estimate an amount of weeks/months until release based on what we've gotten and previous experiences?

Here is what i know atleast:
    We have seen 6 pieces of tier gear.
    We have seen the release video.
    We have seen info about the legendary staff.
    We have seen info about the different bosses.
    PTR has not opened for testing yet afaik.
    We have gotten a lot of knowledge about the firelands. (boss numbers, how its built, mountable, boss progression path, mounts available, lore and lore figures)
    And it has gotten 113 days, i think, since Paragon first killed Sinestra.

Anymore relevant information?
    Last edited by Hetrofi; 2011-05-22 at 05:39 PM.

PTR testing will likely take 1 month~ if not longer, blizzard has repeatedly mentioned all these new and innovative encounters they have created. I assume there will be plenty of bugs. There will also likely be a few more big changes that come with 4.2. Im guessing a release date of early July.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing 2 months or more

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I'm guessing 2 months or more
    I'm guessing it will come out 2 and a half months from tomorrow.

It seems they have most of the content done, and just need to test the raids for balance. With 7 bosses that should go fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    It seems they have most of the content done, and just need to test the raids for balance. With 7 bosses that should go fast.
    Don't forget about the possibly bugs in the new phasing system for the two new daily quest hubs, or bugs in their quests.
    Then again, that might not take very long as well... So I expect 4.2 to be here in July. Mid-July at latest.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    They have said that they want to reduce the time between patches. I am guessing 6 weeks is my estimate

I'd say in July.

Deleted
    Im guessing 2 months max. There was 2 months between the 4.1 preview and launch of 4.1 so I suspect it will be the same 4.2. Maybe even less if you look at the amount of content that was already previewed.

Deleted
    Tomorrow? :P

Give them 3-4 weeks and we'll be able to test it on PTR. After that, maybe 1 month or so.
    Overall, maybe 2 months until release, in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity00 View Post
    Tomorrow? :P

Give them 3-4 weeks and we'll be able to test it on PTR. After that, maybe 1 month or so.
    Overall, maybe 2 months until release, in my opinion.
    You know, that all data is actually on the PTR ? few models/items and switch up.

1.5 Months from now,around June 20th...
    Everything that is,is alive

-This Signature was made by Geekissexy,The Signature Master.

Deleted
    My estimation would be about 2-3 months from now, we might see 4.2 on the PTR in 4-6 weeks or so

Mid-June, early July at the latest. I don't think PTR will take long and I also hope they don't test Rag on the PTR, hopefully they have enough internal testing for that.

My secret maths says that 4.2 will be out Soon™
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28