Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Botji View Post
    Sony got some serious problems going! Glad I have an Xbox/Wii!
    I was just thinking the same thine. the only thing I got thats a Sony is my TV remote.....I think.......might not be.
    Last edited by Solzan Nemesis; 2011-05-02 at 04:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    Anons have no beef with those consoles though :>
    Anonymous also stated they never made any action against Sony. Not that I really care about console stuff because of ill effect it has to progression of PC gaming, but security is something that anyone can breach when it's connected to network, no matter who does it.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Sonny's valua is still higher then microsoft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Anonymous also stated they never made any action against Sony. Not that I really care about console stuff because of ill effect it has to progression of PC gaming, but security is something that anyone can breach when it's connected to network, no matter who does it.
    I find you liking of just PC gaming alone odd...I love all gaming...but not only is the PS3 online down...all there PC MMOs and the such are also down.

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Bloodfire View Post
    I was just thinking the same thine. the only thing I got thats a Sony is my TV remote.....I think....
    He’s hacking your PS3
    He’s messing your SOE up
    Tryna hack em so y’all need to
    Hide your TV, hide your Consoles
    And hide your Remote
    Cuz they’re hackin errbody out there
    You don’t have to come and confess
    We’re lookin for you
    We gon find you
    We gon find you
    So you can run and tell that,
    Run and tell that
    Run and tell that, homeboy
    Home, home, homeboy.

---------- Post added 2011-05-02 at 12:53 PM ----------

No.. just no..

---------- Post added 2011-05-02 at 12:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Bloodfire View Post
    I find you liking of just PC gaming alone odd...I love all gaming...but not only is the PS3 online down...all there PC MMOs and the such are also down.
    Yeah i think they are going a little too far cause its not really hurting the company anymore as much as its hurting the people trying to play the games.

10+ Year Old Account
    This all reminds me of a funny picture I saw on another post...but out of fear of getting banned I am not going to post it.

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    Assholes and douchebags, perhaps, but clearly you dont know what a coward is.
    They're obviously cowards hiding behind proxies.

Quote Originally Posted by I King I View Post
    Yeah but SOE isnt the PS3, whoever is hacking is basiclly trying to destroy everything sony.
    It's Microsoft! Case closed, I win.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's crap :/. Just 1 week ago they said nothing happened to our info in SOE, still i feared.... and see what happened. They said they was checking all their security system after what happened with PS3, it might be that they found a problem, but god know how long it was there and how far ppl exploted it....
    I play PoxNora from SOE, and /run away screaming atm....

Quote Originally Posted by Slammin Shaman View Post
    It's Microsoft! Case closed, I win.
    I strongly doubt it, most companies like having competition it gives them reason to keep making new stuff.

---------- Post added 2011-05-02 at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hadry View Post
    That's crap :/. Just 1 week ago they said nothing happened to our info in SOE, still i feared.... and see what happened. They said they was checking all their security system after what happened with PS3, it might be that they found a problem, but god know how long it was there and how far ppl exploted it....
    I play PoxNora from SOE, and /run away screaming atm....
    Yeah, i dont see how sony is going to recover from all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Exera View Post
    What I hate the most is they are ruining it for normal people who just wants to play games just to prove a point. It's things like this that makes you lose respect for groups like that really, screwing over regular people.
    Problem is, the only way to really teach a major corporation a lesson is to hit their pocketbooks. The only way to hit them there is to drive away customers. The only way to drive customers away is to make them lose faith in the company.

While those of us who frequent these forums may understand that this is not necessarily Sony's fault directly, the average kids parents are not going to give the same benefit of the doubt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...most companies like having competition...
    I hope I missed the joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Fojos View Post
    They're obviously cowards hiding behind proxies.
    They can be real men and reveal their IPs.... And then spend 30 years in maximum security prison acting as bubba's personal man-slaves, right?

Wow, this is just embarassing for Sony, as if it wasn't already.

Dear Valued Sony Online Entertainment Customer:
    Our ongoing investigation of illegal intrusions into Sony Online Entertainment systems has discovered that hackers may have obtained personal customer information from SOE systems. We are today advising you that the personal information you provided us in connection with your SOE account may have been stolen in a cyber-attack. Stolen information includes, to the extent you provided it to us, the following: name, address (city, state, zip, country), email address, gender, birthdate, phone number, login name and hashed password.

Customers outside the United States should be advised that we further discovered evidence that information from an outdated database from 2007 containing approximately 12,700 non-US customer credit or debit card numbers and expiration dates (but not credit card security codes) and about 10,700 direct debit records listing bank account numbers of certain customers in Germany, Austria, Netherlands and Spain may have also been obtained. We will be notifying each of those customers promptly.

There is no evidence that our main credit card database was compromised. It is in a completely separate and secured environment.

We had previously believed that SOE customer data had not been obtained in the cyber-attacks on the company, but on May 1st we concluded that SOE account information may have been stolen and we are notifying you as soon as possible.

1. PS3 Completely Hacked (Root Key is public)
    2. PSN Hacked
    3. SOE Hacked

Is there even anything left at Sony that has not been hacked?

@@@ All those saying "It can happen to everyone," or "No system is completely secure":

Well you are wrong! Cryptography is so advanced already that it is pretty much physically impossible to even assemble a computer system capable of decrypting, reversing hashes, or forging digital signatures produced by modern algorithms because you would need more particles than exist in the whole universe several times over.
    Sure you may say there's quantum computers and whatever, but they're not practical yet and we already know of cryptographic algorithms whose security is strongly believed not to be affected by quantum computers.
    Security engineers need to take care not to leave any side-channels open, and employ the strong cryptography that is readily available.

PSN is believed to have been hacked due to Sony running an outdated version of the Apache server on one of their authentication servers with access to the main DB. That is just way stupid, they are not short on funds to the point where they need to run several high-risk services on the same machine that handles authentication and critical user data.
    Last edited by ZyngaFail; 2011-05-02 at 11:00 PM.

Whoever hacked Sony is in BIG trouble since Sony has the FBI involved. Whoever did it will be seeing some jail time. Dumbass hacker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this old news?? There's been multiple threads about their being hacked.

Deleted
    wow talk about out of the loop PSN has been down for almost 2 weeks now SOE wasn't taken offline because of a new hack they are just applying the new security system to all thier gaming depatments including SOE

Quote Originally Posted by angael View Post
    Isn't this old news?? There's been multiple threads about their being hacked.
    No, this is a new hack, today, of Sony's other big user database (the PC one, rather than the PS3 one which was hacked a while ago).

curse you hackers! *shakes fist*

now we just need someone to hack into WoW and give everyone flying unicorn mounts.

one can only hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Yaminomeph View Post
    wow talk about out of the loop PSN has been down for almost 2 weeks now SOE wasn't taken offline because of a new hack they are just applying the new security system to all thier gaming depatments including SOE
    Dude read the security announcement: http://www.soe.com/securityupdate/