Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    there is a difference between reacting in a bad way and just blindly going in and getting rofl pwnd... this is to save your grp a wipe or 2 just getting mindlessly rofl pwnd because you didn't watch a boss strat or because there isn't one posted some where because you're on the edge of content...
    The very point of being at the edge of content is to get roflpwned and still owned it up getting past learning wipes and getting a kill. Why would you want to save wipes - wiping and learning to overcome a fight is what's fun when you are raiding. Atleast if you're on 'the edge'
    My Raid Videos - http://www.youtube.com/ThePraanz

Mage - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Auchindoun&n=Praanz
    DK alt - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Auchindoun&n=Vityaz

Immersion @ EU-Al'Akir

"Boss abilities will be available via the boss’ page, either by clicking on the map or by going through the Dungeon tab. The Dungeon tab on the boss’ page will list out all major spells, abilities, and phases for that fight."

"Then once the player has mastered the art of reading, we will send one of our top developers from Blizzard, and hold his hand whilst he ciontinues through the Dungeon. When the player meets a boss, the Blizzard Developer will be there to offer a comforting shoulder to rest his head on, and if needed, he can ask for as much help as possible in order to defeat the boss. (this includes allowing the player to wet himself slightly if he gets really scared)"

.....Srsly.....I know that a big part of Combat is 'Know your Enemy'...but theres knowing him, and then theres, taking him out for dinner and having a coffeee afterwards, whilst all the time your looking thru their phone for all there info and spamming their PC for all there details, and speaking to his therapist for info on his psyche, and perhaps visiting his parents to see the baby pictures....

I hope to god this wont end up being like Microsoft Word's annoying paper clip helper.
    "Do you need any help?" That thing drove me insane when I would be trying to write a paper.

Quote Originally Posted by loop not defined View Post
    2) Implementation of the DJ and it's API means that maintaining AtlasLoot will be much easier, almost guaranteeing it will survive in some form or another for years to come. It's already seen a couple changes, and Atlas itself has also had it's trouble.
    Exactly my opinion. Now lets hope Blizzard really implements some APIs to hook into the Dungeon Journal

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Sweet no more atlasloot! I was already happy they made their own Questhelper
    So was I. Now I am running wow without any addons. You know, there is just one problem i´ve encountered with this:
    CONSTANT LUA EXCEPTIONS ERRORS in Group and Raidframe.

So, maybe, just maybe I should start using again my old addons, suffer each patch because blizzard fucked up their lua interpreter again aka "chaning the api without graceful degradation and backward compatibility", which honestly is ok for a little game studio, but not for a half billion dollar software company. But well, gamers not coders I guess. University degrees seem to be overrated.

*deep breath*
    Ok, thanks for listening, my rant is over, and I actually feeling really better. Who cares, so they can code in modern controlled ways? But they still got a running product with customers, so everything is ok, I guess.