Am I missing anything?

So I just purchased everything for my new computer off of NewEgg and was wondering if I am missing anything; main question really being if I am good on the cooling that all of this comes with stock or if I need a CPU cooler/thermal compound or anything like that.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
    MB: GIGABYTE GA-H67M-D2-B3 LGA 1155 Intel H67 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
    GFX: SAPPHIRE 100282XTREME Radeon HD 5850 Xtreme 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
    PSU: Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W Continuous Power ATX12V version 2.3 SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC "compatible with Core i7/Core i5" Power Supply
    HDD: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBXL
    CD/DVD: LG DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH24NS70 - OEM
    Case: NZXT Apollo Black SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
    Monitor: LG E2260V 22" Full HD LED Backlight LCD Monitor Slim Design

I am already returning the GFX I bought by accident (nVidia 460) cause I believe that the HD5858 Xtreme is better (correct me if I am wrong) so just wanna make one more order. Thanks for your input!

Deleted
    You brougth an unlocked processor, but the motherboard you have uses the h67 chipset, you need the p67 chipset, if you want to overclock.
    - If you dont i would advise you to turn in your processor, and get a locked one.

Alright, it would still run though, correct? Only a $15 difference not sure if it is worth it.

But do I need cooling? That is my biggest concern right now and also your opinion of me switching out the GFX cards

The video cards are roughly on par in terms of performance, 5850 slightly better.

If you ever want to overclock that processor, you should get a p67 motherboard from msi, asus, or gigabyte.

If you don't plan on overclocking, you are better off getting an i5-2500 that has all the same specs, but can't be overclocked.

so, you would save 30 bucks on the processor and also keep that motherboard if you want. If you plan on keeping the i5-2500k, then you must go p67 or it would be a waste.

Usually stock heatsinks are good enough, but artic freezing cooler or zalman are relatively inexpensive and do a great job of keeping your investment cool.

---------- Post added 2011-05-02 at 06:05 PM ----------

If you do plan on overclocking, then you do need an after-market cooler for sure.

So if I go to this:

MB: GIGABYTE GA-P67A-D3-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    Cooling: ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm Fluid Dynamic CPU Cooler
    Compound: Arctic Silver MTX-2.5G Matrix Thixotropic Premium Thermal Compound

Should be good? Wanna get everything by this weekend for building! Don't mind a few RMAs isn't too much of a hassle

I am not sure if Arctic cooling freezer supports 1155 sockets yet, I recommend these.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835118223

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835103065

And this one for the same price

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835103057

Maybe someone can confirm if arctic cooling freezer is compatible with sandy yet.

Motherboard looks good, and the compound is the best.

Just make sure you are buying all of this with the intention with overclocking. If not, you are overpaying.

You are correct, it only fits the 1156 socket so I switched to one of the ones you recommended, re-ordering everything today, thanks! And yeah, I do plan on OC'ing

Z68 chipset will be out on the 11th, use the built in GPU and overclock, ssd caching, etc.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...hing,2888.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deluyxe View Post
    You are correct, it only fits the 1156 socket so I switched to one of the ones you recommended, re-ordering everything today, thanks! And yeah, I do plan on OC'ing
    1156 and 1155 share the same mounting holes for heatsinks.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Z68 chipset will be out on the 11th, use the built in GPU and overclock, ssd caching, etc.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...hing,2888.html
    Thanks for that article, I can finally be happy that Z68 still performs nowhere near an actual SSD and the whole Virtu thing is a joke if you already own a high-end GPU
    But Z68 could definitely change things for people with strict budgets, it's worth waiting to see what sort of prices they will be introduced as (and if they come with any glaring flaws).
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I think the primary advantage of Z68 and Lucid's Virtu is just being able to to take advantage of Quick Sync using the integrated GPU, while still having a discrete card as your primary graphics adapter. I believe it also switches to the on-chip GPU when your in 2D mode and don't need the power of your graphics card.

I'm not sure what you mean by Z68 performing nowhere near an actual SSD. I'm sure an SSD will perform just as well on the chipset. If your talking about the SSD caching feature, well yeah, it's no substitute for purely using an SSD as a stand alone drive. That's not the purpose of the feature. The purpose of SSD caching is much like ReadyBoost, in that it will allow you to improve the performance of your larger storage drives by making use of a smaller SSD in the form of a cache drive.
    Last edited by Dizey; 2011-05-02 at 10:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If your talking about the SSD caching feature, well yeah, it's no substitute for purely using an SSD as a stand alone drive.
    Yup that's what I meant
    Seagate Momentus drives already make use of an on-board SSD cache, Z68 simply takes that concept, makes it bigger, and puts it on the motherboard (if I read correctly). They way they were talking about it, it sounded like they had obtained near-SSD performance >_> but Tomshardware straightened things out as usual :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Yup, It is just like the Seagate momentus hybrid drive tech but with much more cache since your using a SSD instead. I think what they are trying to convey about near SSD performance is that if you use certain applications and files a lot, over time, the performance relative to them will be near SSD since they will be sitting cached on the drive. That's just looking at read performance though. Write performance isn't going to really benefit since it's always limited by the HDD.