What should i get?

Cenarion Hatchling

Hippogryph Hatchling?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=23713

patch 2.0.0 Hipoogryph Hatch ----- patch 4.1 Cenarion Hatchling

What next....? Spectral Tiger for the next world disaster

I'd buy it to support japan and not really care if its a reused model >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    I know every time I give to charity I stop to think: "What am I getting from this?"
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    I'd buy it to support japan and not really care if its a reused model >.>
    +1, the model doesn't matter

15+ Year Old Account
    might be the lighting, but pet store one looks a bit more green/teal
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Deleted
    lol white knights in my thread.....

go donate to oxfam so they can keep there highrise offices in london

Quote Originally Posted by vexy View Post
    lol white knights in my thread.....

go donate to oxfam so they can keep there highrise offices in london
    *glimmers in her armor*

It does say on the front page in the Blizzard Source that the Cenarion Hatchling is the twin to the Hippogrpyph Hatchling...

"Introducing the latest World of Warcraft companion up for adoption in the online Pet Store: the wild and noble Cenarion Hatchling! This little critter is the twin of the rare Hippogryph Hatchling pet players could randomly encounter in the first World of Warcraft Trading Card Game set, Heroes of Azeroth -- and he's emerged from the forests of Azeroth to lend a helping talon to some friends in need."
    I'd buy it just to donate towards the relief, and because I don't have the Hippogryph Hatchling and I don't feel like trying to get it from the TCG... If the model is a problem for you - don't buy either?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    *glimmers in her armor*

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you care? Did you stop to consider that some people don't want to or don't have the means to get this pet from the TCG? Not only that, the price on the TCG version is subject to fluctuate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    I know every time I give to charity I stop to think: "What am I getting from this?"
    Imagine if you were in need, and the people that can help you thought like you do. (and dont think it wont happen to you, karma gods..so easily offended)

They flat-out said it was a copy of the old TCG pet:

This little critter is the twin of the rare Hippogryph Hatchling pet players could randomly encounter in the first World of Warcraft Trading Card Game set
    Am I a white knight now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivainne View Post
    Imagine if you were in need, and the people that can help you thought like you do. (and dont think it wont happen to you, karma gods..so easily offended)
    wooooooosh
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why do you care? Did you stop to consider that some people don't want to or don't have the means to get this pet from the TCG? Not only that, the price on the TCG version is subject to fluctuate.

Then we should expect to see all Tcg items in the store.... kinda lame

Baby Elephant for Alabama!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivainne View Post
    Wow. Their sarcasm went strait over your head. Good job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most other charities would just give you a tax writeoff and a warm thank-you, Blizzard gives you something in return. Who cares if it's a reused model? If you don't want your money going to the earthquake and pacific tsunami relief efforts, buy the normal version and you lose nothing.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    so... couple of weeks ago; "omg blizz why aren't you donating the lion mount money to japan?!?!?!"
    now: "omg blizz why are you donating pet money to japan?!?!?"

reskin might be a bit lame and all, but seriously. are you REALLY going to complain about such a good cause?

Quote Originally Posted by vexy View Post
    What next....? Spectral Tiger for the next world disaster
    God I hope so, that's my favorite mount of all time!

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    The reality is that if Blizz offered this pet thought the store and gave nothing to a charity but kept it all for their coffers, there would be nearly as many sales anyway.

The vast, vast majority of people appreciate that their 10 dollars is going to a relief fund but by no means are buying this pet because it goes to a relief fund.

So basically this is a win win win. Players get a pet and get to feel good about themselves. The Red Cross get a huge wad of cash. Blizzard can knock a few million bucks off their 2011 tax bill and get huge kudos for being nice.