Page 1 of 3
LastLast

New PTR notes: Holy PvP Buffs

Talent Specializations

Holy

Beacon of Light can no longer be dispelled.
    Speed of Light now increases movement speed when Holy Radiance or Divine Protection are cast.
    I'm bad at making blue quotes (my sig took forever) It's on front page (or here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2723732) for conformation that I'm not making stuff up.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

Speed of Light is also great for raiding :P

Yah, realized that afterwards, guna make those "OH SHIT, INCOMING METEOR OF ME DIEING" moments better. Also awesome on V&T breaths if you need an extra second to run through the fire, or anything like that. An awesome change for the survivability side, now lets see if we can get a PvP buff that makes us be useful in more than 1 or 2 comps >.<.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

Speed of light when you cast DProt is very useful for PvE as well. Very nice.

wow so now all healers are mobile as fuck beside god damn disc priest!
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Deleted
    MMmm...maybe this will kill the 31/3/7 build in PVE. The one with the ret walking speed.
    There's something very wrong with wog if almost all it's buffing talents are discarded.
    Maybe this is just the first of future changes for the wog spell (or the hp system itself) now it was 20sec-obliterated for Ret and Prot XD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ark del KAOS View Post
    MMmm...maybe this will kill the 31/3/7 build in PVE. The one with the ret walking speed.
    Perhaps. The point of Pursuit of Justice isn't to move from bad stuff faster but to reach your destintation faster. The faster you move the more time you have for healing (since our instants are fairly limited - you can cast 3 while moving at most).

However, this change will significantly diminish Pursuit of Justice's value in fights where the movement is burst based. If you only had to move every 40 seconds, for example, you could use Divine Protection solely to move. That would leave little point for the Pursuit of Justice talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Ark del KAOS View Post
    There's something very wrong with wog if almost all it's buffing talents are discarded.
    Maybe this is just the first of future changes for the wog spell (or the hp system itself) now it was 20sec-obliterated for Ret and Prot XD
    There's nothing wrong with Word of Glory. It doesn't need buffing.

Word of Glory is not used super often in 25s because Light of Dawn is better 90% of the time. If you hit 4-6 targets with Light of Dawn, it will give a heal to your Beacon target that is 1.5x to 2x as big as Word of Glory.

They could nerf the Beacon heal of Light of Dawn - make it only transfer 25%. That would make Word of Glory more of a choice in 25-mans. As it is right now, Light of Dawn is being used over Word of Glory for TANK HEALING and that probably isn't what Blizzard intended.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-05-03 at 03:20 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Wow...its 5am here (tomorrow I have an exam, and I'm so much nervous to sleep not to study), and my English is not so good XD I don't know if I'll be able to explain myself the way that reply require ^ ^

I know the 31/3/7 it's not about the speed...not alone.
    Ok, you got an improvement, but not so great. It's only 8% more than the enchant of mastery and speed? I don't remember...but the thing it's the enchant, or most exactly the 50 haste one.
    That 50 haste made us discard 1/2 of the free heal of the judgement, 30% crit chance with wog on targets with very low life, and the protect one with the free wog. (Ah! and more judgement range...but I don't have problems without it anyway)
    That's so much for 50 haste vs 30? mastery.

But the thing its the wog don't have a chance vs lod. By the reason you so well explained ^ ^
    And because we don't use it, the talents seems not so interesting.

Well...I don't know if I'm been able to explain myself. In sort words: You are right XD
    It's a balance between what we use and what we want to use.
    The combats don't need more speed. You can get out of the fire with the 100% perfectly. But you can always use some extra speed.
    The thing it's we're not the best healers in movement. It's better if we don't move so much. And generally we don't need to, or we can anticipate it and prepare.
    I think in PVE we can use this second sprint (and the first one) just to accelerate from a to b in those anticipated movements. And that's great!
    So great I don't think It'll be so balanced any more. Ok, I still have the extra haste and the judgement range, but the speed loose some appeal XD

The thing I was trying to say It's that we don't use wog, and so we use those talents in other areas than I don't think It's Blizzards intention for us to behave.
    I don't say It's need a buff, but maybe a change. A tweak. Something to get the feeling It's better to buff it ourself with it's talents.
    Blizz can always nerf lod to make us use wog again....I wouldn't want to see that :?

Well, I think I just get this text confuse enough XD No so bad for a TV-Series English student XD

(EDIT: Shit...I just end up writing the same you do! And that's what I tried to in first place!...but your reply tells me I fail absolutely XD XD XD Languages can be a scary thing XD)
    Last edited by mmocce8f57216a; 2011-05-03 at 05:41 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    On further thought, I imagine this does kind of kill the 31/3/7 spec for 10-man raiding. We use Word of Glory frequently enough that it probably isn't worth it to get Pursuit of Justice any longer.

There will definitely still be movement-heavy fights where it is viable though, and I imagine it is still better for 25-mans where Word of Glory usage is low.

Note that I don't really see this as a bad thing. A passive movement increase doesn't require much skill, but creating a decision between using Divine Protection for damage reduction or for speed is a great thing. There are some instances where skilled people will use it for both the damage reduction and the speed like P3 Nefarian Crackles if you are the kite tank's healer.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    4 second freedom on a 15 second cooldown which can be lowered via flash healing isn't enough? How about goblin jump baseline, obviously priests deserve that.

on topic: undispellable beacon is a pvp nerf, need that to cover for our dispellable hand spells that are dispellable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Note that I don't really see this as a bad thing. A passive movement increase doesn't require much skill, but creating a decision between using Divine Protection for damage reduction or for speed is a great thing. There are some instances where skilled people will use it for both the damage reduction and the speed like P3 Nefarian Crackles if you are the kite tank's healer.
    Well, Holy Paladin survivability is getting a tad silly at this point one has to agree. With PotI, DP (which everyone worth his salt has glyphed by now, right...?) HR and bubble you're already doing a good job if you manage to die before the fight ends. What justification is there for another way to avoid damage as a holy paladin in PvE?

If every spec had these kind of short CD sprints than Blizzard could balance Firelands encounters -where there'll undoubtedly be a lot of fire- around it, but the reality is that our already massively overpowered survivability is only going to be even more overpowered.

This change is great, however I wonder if this means they will rework Glyph of Beacon of Light?

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    wow so now all healers are mobile as fuck beside god damn disc priest!
    Because Disc Priests arn't already OP? o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    I love this change, for PvP. Now I can rush around the battlefield like a sprinter.

Also, "Beacon of Light" not being dispellable anymore is a nice change. Now I don't have to reapply it every time someone decides to dispel/spell steal, which is a nice perk, to say the least.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2011-05-03 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    On further thought, I imagine this does kind of kill the 31/3/7 spec for 10-man raiding. We use Word of Glory frequently enough that it probably isn't worth it to get Pursuit of Justice any longer.

There will definitely still be movement-heavy fights where it is viable though, and I imagine it is still better for 25-mans where Word of Glory usage is low.
    31/3/7 was always a 25 man spec anyway because on most fights in 10 mans you could make better use of a WoG spec (and movementspeed isn't needed that much there anyway)

Deleted
    The changes sound great, the beacon change is meh. At one point you like it cos its not being dispelled anymore, on the other hand your hand spells are fcuked. espcially as youl have to spent mana spam buffing kings or might to maintain them while spam buffin beacon was free with the glyph.

I suppose this is blizzards way of trying to fix holy paladins while still leaving a gaping whole in how easy we are to CC as we dont have a Hot/Shield to place on teammate while cc'ed. Altho if this change allows us to dodge CC more then good for us i guess.

It doesn't help Ret's plight though, Personally seal twisting to maintain justice as holy or ret isnt viable realy, unless they took seals off the gcd. much preffered the old judgement system of light/wisdom/justice and you had the choice of what you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tortillagirl View Post
    The changes sound great, the beacon change is meh. At one point you like it cos its not being dispelled anymore, on the other hand your hand spells are fcuked. espcially as youl have to spent mana spam buffing kings or might to maintain them while spam buffin beacon was free with the glyph.

I suppose this is blizzards way of trying to fix holy paladins while still leaving a gaping whole in how easy we are to CC as we dont have a Hot/Shield to place on teammate while cc'ed. Altho if this change allows us to dodge CC more then good for us i guess.

It doesn't help Ret's plight though, Personally seal twisting to maintain justice as holy or ret isnt viable realy, unless they took seals off the gcd. much preffered the old judgement system of light/wisdom/justice and you had the choice of what you want.
    They are pretty much doomed to be dispelled, anyway, unless you stop the person actually doing it.

Deleted
    personally i try to wait with casting sacrifice until he starts castig polymorph, or the rogue is stupid and starts running at me to blind me etc...

gives it a chance to actually break sheap before hes ha a chance to spellsteal it. freedom on the other hand is a lost hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, till the day Blizzard decide to tackle the offensive dispel issue, in PvP, there will always be problems with the Paladin class. Either they make less spells dispellable, or they nerf the mechanic, so it is not as punishing towards classes heavily reliant on magic buffs.

They have stated in the past that offensive dispelling is going to be looked at, someday, so we just have to hope they have something useful in store in the meantime to make this obvious huge flaw not hurt so much.

Deleted
    either a cooldown or an EVEN bigger mana cost tbh. i dont even no what its at atm. But it doesnt cost enough as its still being spammed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even Holy will be much more mobile than Ret now.. How meaningful is this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.