More BOomkin nerfs.

This just in... ther are more. Our Sun/Moonfires and Insect swarms will now generate Lunar/solar energy whilst in Eclipse mode (Sunfire and insect sward gen. Lunar). ThisI assume is run off from possible PvP where droods would hit a Eclipse and do nothing but spam Mf/SF/IS. Another possible cause is that our moving "dps" (because lets be honest, no one is even gestering that spam MF/SunF is viable dps as oppose to cast). What this does to PvE results in we will lose 1 cast of Wrath in Eclipse and 1 StarFire, additional losses may occur with our newly nerfed Starsurge. Any feed back/ ideas as to why this nerf is necessary?
    My Math is correct, it is supported by Math

It's more to do with Solar Cleave, where we were doing hefty aoe dps while completely avoiding the spell they wanted us to use (hurricane) and avoiding the mana deficit. Sunfire generating energy now means that we can't indefinitely spam it while running around.

Personally? Pleased with this, Solar cleave was annoying to keep up, and I tired of the 'Seizure chicken' jokes my guildies toss my way

They are destroying the versatility and amount of dps balance can do while moving, I really hope this doesn't hit live.

---------- Post added 2011-05-02 at 10:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eleraith View Post
    It's more to do with Solar Cleave, where we were doing hefty aoe dps while completely avoiding the spell they wanted us to use (hurricane) and avoiding the mana deficit. Sunfire generating energy now means that we can't indefinitely spam it while running around.

Personally? Pleased with this, Solar cleave was annoying to keep up, and I tired of the 'Seizure chicken' jokes my guildies toss my way
    If they wanted us to use hurricane why did they make it so bad?

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Trispec View Post
    They are destroying the versatility and amount of dps balance can do while moving, I really hope this doesn't hit live.

---------- Post added 2011-05-02 at 10:37 PM ----------

If they wanted us to use hurricane why did they make it so bad?
    These are earlyish patch notes, they have improved everyone else's aoe, they may improve Balance aoe. Remains to be seen.

still not sure how i feel about this change, it will suck for aoe and movement thats for sure, but its also means we will be in eclipse more often which is always good

So, is this a subtle note that FireLands boss encounter will involve notable AoE damage? Because, and this is just a thought, in current content the only bosses that AoE is "game breaking" are Maliorak & chogall, in current tier, Maliorak's green phase is impractical to spam dots; Cho'gal simply makes sence to dot each tenticle up and then focus fire. If the nerf was directed at AoE dps, certainly they are not worried about us "Padding the meters" on trash Packs

---------- Post added 2011-05-03 at 02:42 AM ----------

They only generate energy that will lead us out of their benifical Eclipse state and only while we are under the effects of those respecive eclipse
    My Math is correct, it is supported by Math

15+ Year Old Account
    Already a thread on it.

Locked.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines