Thread: Macro stuns?

Macro stuns?

Is there a way for me to macro my Hammer of Justice and Repentace so that if one of them is on CD it automatically uses the other one?

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Macros are not smart, they can't play the game for you. The best you can get is a cast sequence, set reset time = to the cooldown of the shorter stun, voila.

How would i go about doing that?

Quote Originally Posted by WTFsteven View Post
    How would i go about doing that?
    /castsequence reset=60 Hammer of Justice; Repentence

I can't remember if it's semicolon or comma, but it's one of those. Change the time/order to whatever you prefer. Be aware the 60 is 60 seconds since you LAST pressed the button. If you press it once for hammer, then 10 seconds later hit repent, it'll be 10 seconds after your cooldown is up that it goes back to hammer (assuming a 1 minute cooldown).

Personally, I'd use a modifier key i.e.
    /cast [modifier:shift] Hammer of Justice; repentence
    but that's just me.

Deleted
    Comma.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=60 Hammer of Justice, Repentence

---------- Post added 2011-05-03 at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    If you press it once for hammer, then 10 seconds later hit repent, it'll be 10 seconds after your cooldown is up that it goes back to hammer (assuming a 1 minute cooldown).
    Incorrect. /castsequence automatically loops back to the first spell if the last spell in the sequence is successfully cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    Comma.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=60 Hammer of Justice, Repentence

---------- Post added 2011-05-03 at 12:20 PM ----------

Incorrect. /castsequence automatically loops back to the first spell if the last spell in the sequence is successfully cast.
    Man, how on earth did I forget that? My mistake. Guess it goes to show that even very simple code is easy to screw up when tired haha. I am correct that if he had extra spells the reset is based off of last time the button was pressed, right? Not relevant here, but wanna make sure I have it right for the future.

Deleted
    Yup. It even counts the button press if the spell doesn't go off, so if he tries to repent, but it isn't ready yet, the macro would be stuck on repent for another 60sec after that failed repent (even if HoJ gets ready in the meantime).