Purchasing a prebuilt in the next few weeks, Which of these is better?

Okay so as the title says, gonna be purchasing a Prebuilt PC, And got these 2 on my list, But i am not sure exactly which is better, And why. Idk much about computers so i was hoping you guys can give me some pros / cons on these 2 and which would be the best for me to get

Anyways here are the Specs (Note they are incomplete from the site that provides, IE what exact type of ram, HDD and PSU. but i am sure its all standard)

I just plan on doing some regular gaming like WoW, CoD 1 multi (yes people still play vcod =p) and maybe some of the newer CoDs like MW2 / Black ops if any of these 2 can handle it (my current PC can not)

870$USD

Processor AMD PhenomII x4 965 3.4GHz
    Socket AM3
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX460 1GB
    Main Memory
    8GB (2GB x4) DDR3-1333
    Total Memory Slots: 4
    Available: 0
    Max Capacity: 16GB
    Hard Disk
    Drive
    1TB Serial-ATA-II
    Optical Drive 24X DL DVD+/-RW Drive
    LAN 10/100/1000Mbps
    Audio 8 Channels
    Software MS Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit)
    Chassis Raidmax Altas Gaming Tower
    Power Supply 700Watt Power Supply
    Front Ports
    2 x USB 2.0
    2 x Audio Jacks
    Rear Panel
    Ports
    1 x PS/2 Keyboard port
    1 x PS/2 Mouse
    1 x Coaxial
    1 x Optical
    6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
    2 x USB 3.0/1.1 ports
    2 x IEEE 1394a
    1 x LAN
    6 x Audio Jacks

Mobo with this PC is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128431

Other one is

800$USD

INTEL Core i5 2500 3.3GHz
    Socket LGA 1155
    Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTS450 1GB
    Main Memory
    4GB (2GB x2) DDR3-1333
    Total Memory Slots: 2
    Available: 0
    Max Capacity: 16GB
    Hard Disk Drive 1TB Serial-ATA-II
    Optical Drive 24X DL DVD+/-RW Drive
    LAN 10/100/1000Mbps
    Audio 8 Channels
    Software MS Windows 7 Home Premium (64-Bit)
    Chassis Echo Gaming Tower
    Power Supply 700Watt Power Supply
    Front Ports
    2 x USB 2.0
    2 x Audio Jacks
    1 x e-SATA (based on motherboard availability)
    Rear Panel
    Ports
    1 x PS/2 Keyboard
    1 x PS/2 Mouse
    6 x USB 2.0
    1 x D-Sub
    1 x DVI
    1 x RJ-45
    3 x Audio Jacks

Motherboard in this one is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128482
    ____

Both of these are from Ibuypower

10+ Year Old Account
    The i5 build will rip the Phenom build to shreds...but GTS450 is really lackluster. Would it be asking too much to put the GTX460 into the i5? That way you'll have a much better balance of CPU and GPU power. Totally worth it.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

i5 is better but worse gpu and not the k version of the processor. K version yeah its not essential, but worth it if you wanna grab a little more out of the processor down the line. Also would get a ton better if could build yourself.

Any possiablity of getting parts, and having somebody build for you ie a local store.

Deleted
    You really should ask your local professionals if they can put together a similar build as the i5 one but replace the GPU, atleast around here it is usually even cheaper than buying a premade build.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only give you a warning, Ibuypower and Cyberpowerpc are notorious for totally boning their customers REALLY bad if you get a DoA pc, if its not DoA you are golden. Good luck and grats, if it is I HIGHLY suggest you return it for a full refund immediately! I'm telling you this from person experience. It may be a little hard but building it yourself is much better. Its like Legos for big kids.

Any way good luck and grats on the new rig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clouce View Post
    Its like Lego for big kids.
    Lol, so true
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

I would say if you must get one of those prebuilt systems, get the one with the i5 processor. The GTX460 is actually significantly better than the GTS450, but for WoW quality in general I think the difference will be less important, as the game now gives you a HUGE speed boost if you can put it in DX11 mode, and both cards are DX11 cards. You might see if there's a chance when you throw a little more RAM on there before it arrives, though (if you are scared of upgrading it later yourself). 4 GB is not going to have a lot of staying power, and is already getting to be a fairly minimal amount, and you can probably get it up to 8 GB without too high a price tag.

15+ Year Old Account
    The AMD pc is a bit better for overall gaming, because most video games favour the graphics card. But if you are looking specifically for a WoW pc, then the second one is definately better, despite the "sub-standard" graphics card. If you can change the card in to something a little bit better, it will be a really good gaming machine.

There is one little thing though, that i don't like about both these builds: The motherboards.

The Intel H61 chipset isn't bad in itself, it will work fine for simple office computers. But it lacks certain things, modern computers should maybe have:
    - No USB 3.0 and only 4 USB 2.0 ports
    - No SATA 3.0 and only 4 SATA 2.0 ports
    Certainly, these things are not essential, but if you get a new pc now, it should be a bit future-proof.

Similar things could be said about the AMD board. It has USB 3.0, but the chipset is of the previous generation. (The USB 3.0 is not "natural" to this chipset and was added later on by the board manufacturer. It most likely is not even close to what a built-in USB 3.0 could do)

If you have any influence about the boards, try to get either an AMD 8xx chipset or an Intel H67 / P67
    Why do something simple, when there is a complicated way?
    Ryzen 7 2700X | BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 | 16GB DDR4-3200 | MSI X470 Gaming Pro | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G | 500GB / 750GB Crucial SSD
    Fractal Define C | LG 32UK550 | Das Model S Professional Silent | CM Storm Xornet

Thanks much for the replies!

So you say the main difference in these are the graphics cards? How will the gts 450 work in games compred to the gtx 460? Will i not be able to some of the higher graphic games such as Mw2 Black ops and Crysis?

And sorry to sound like a nub, But what is a USB 3.0 used for?

B

if you don't like the gfx card, it's easy to upgrade

if your platform is horrible (*coughamdcough*) you're basically going to have to buy a whole new computer again

Ideally you'd get something with a P67 MB (and with a cheaper processor if needed) but between the 2, you'll be much happier with the 2nd over the long term
    Current System - Ultra Budget <$550 (Reused: 19" monitor, KB and mouse)
    Case: Xion Echo $50 PSU: Antec EarthWatts EA-500D $50
    Win 7 OEM: $99 HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s $45
    CPU/MB Combo: MSI 880GMA-E45 / Phenom II x3 720 2.8 (OC 3.5) $150
    GPU: MSI R5670 CYCLONE 1G Radeon HD 5670 $89
    Mem: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB 1333 (pc10666) $45
    DVD Burner: Asus 24x $18
    - update: 2/16/11 added Hyper 212 CPU Cooler $30