Thread: x-perl lag

x-perl lag

Is anyone else experiencing some lag from using x-perl? Currently when I upload the version updated on 4/27/11 it still has two parts that are "out of date" according to wow. When I load them anyway I experience pretty bad lag, but only on some classes. Anyone have any good alternative unit frames addons? I am currently going back to the regular wow ui mod which isn't really that bad but.. you know I like some customization. Thanks for constructive posts.

Try PitBull unitframes. It seems to be everyone's go-to replacement of x-perl, since it is barely supported right now. Haven't used it much, I've stuck to X-perl, but I am told it is pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by slinx View Post
    Is anyone else experiencing some lag from using x-perl? Currently when I upload the version updated on 4/27/11 it still has two parts that are "out of date" according to wow. When I load them anyway I experience pretty bad lag, but only on some classes. Anyone have any good alternative unit frames addons? I am currently going back to the regular wow ui mod which isn't really that bad but.. you know I like some customization. Thanks for constructive posts.
    If you look for a good alternative, check Shadowed Unit Frames. If you liked XPearl I am pretty sure you will like that one too, and it works nice with 4.1. Most people from my guild who looked for an XPearl alternative went to that one I think.

I have tried pitbull, shadowed unit frames, stuf, many oUF layouts. I switched back to xperl. I just use xperl's party and raid frames, though. And go with the default player, target, and target's target frames.
    I didn't care much for the unit frame addons most people suggest as an xperl alternative. pitbull is just annoying to use, and I can't really seem to get it to work how I want. stuf and shadowed are practically the same as each other, and are a little more easier to configure than pitbull.

Fun thing is that my X-perl works perfectly.

Maybe it's another addon of yours messing X-perl up?

Had the same problem, mostly in BGs on my hunter but sometimes on others. Go to wowace and get the latest version (3.1.3 r525) of x-perl, seemed to fix it for me. Hope that helps, if not, you should start looking for a new unit frames, since x-perl is almost never up to date.