Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    guess they never should of tried to screw that guy who cracked the ps3 lolol

This sucks. I guess its also why I always use prepaid Visa(s) and MasterCard(s) and have never put my bank information online - that and maybe because I don't have a card that can be used online without having a massive pain in the ass.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHeadWolf View Post
    To be fair, I'm sure a lot of people don't use their cards online. Like, I've never used a credit card for Xbox Live, I buy the cards for points and stuff if I buy something.

Also I just kinda feel bad for Sony and their users.... I guess there's only so much you can do...

Ignorant poster is ignorant. how could you just randomly assume that 'no one' stores their credit card information online due to easier accessibility in the future?
    PM me with any questions/concerns you may have.

Quote Originally Posted by Gat View Post
    Ignorant poster is ignorant. how could you just randomly assume that 'no one' stores their credit card information online due to easier accessibility in the future?
    well... i agree with you, tons of people store their information on websites/databases. there are several sites which store my credit card information, including blizzards database, i sure as hell don't want any hackers to get a hold on my info, and most people i know IRL also buy tons of stuff online since it's cheaper then going to the retailers, especially if you're talking about buying games through something like steam :3
    Last edited by Dannz; 2011-05-04 at 02:38 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dannz View Post
    well... i agree with you, tons of people store their information on websites/databases. there are several sites which store my credit card information, including blizzards database, i sure as hell don't want any hackers to get a hold on my info, and most people i know IRL also buy tons of stuff online since it's cheaper then going to the retailers, especially if you're talking about buying games through something like steam :3
    exactly my point. however, i wouldnt be too worried on a matter like this. for situations like these, that involve a major chunk of a population (yes, 25 million people would be considered a chunk) I would assume their would be a major recall of some sort to make sure nothing illicit could happen. such as sony having a system that is able to notify the credit card companies if such information was breached. in other words, if this were the case for me, i wouldnt be too worried.
    PM me with any questions/concerns you may have.

10+ Year Old Account
    wonder if this makes any other companies(blizz & microsoft) step back and say "umm...lets look at some new anti-hacker security measures" lol. but, as long as there are hackers, nothing will ever be truly safe online.

Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    wonder if this makes any other companies(blizz & microsoft) step back and say "umm...lets look at some new anti-hacker security measures" lol. but, as long as there are hackers, nothing will ever be truly safe online.
    I'm sure they are.
    Kurogasa:"Bitch tried to steal my herb... So I typhooned his ass off a cliff"
    Gala:"Why can't he burn in heaven? There can be Holy Fire in Heaven"
    Garrosh Hellscream:"Shut your clever mouth, bitch."
    Terenas Menethil II:"At long last. No king rules forever, my son."
    Kenny:"I'm just waiting for a fire axe to hack through my door one day and see aulio on the other side goin "heeeeeeeeres johnny"
    StarFade:Are you actually serious? To quote every rapper:"How fucked-up is you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Auliô View Post
    I'm sure they are.
    I'm imagining everyone is right now.

On topic the hacks... First off, this is the third attack in one month, second, after the major hit they started changing their entire security system (Which is likely why they waited to go public with the problem, didn't wanna tell the hacker community as a whole their entire security system is compromised while they were updating and reworking the whole thing)... and the third hit came almost immediately after they felt comfortable enough with their security to let people know.

I'm betting the reason Sony is keeping it hush hush is because they are working on finding the guy inside who caused it. I'm not willing to believe that these are all individual attacks, and I find it incredibly hard to believe that this group could have worked THAT fast while remaining completely hidden from Sony without someone knowledgeable in Sonys security protocols. You either have a large amount of people working on it, in which case SOMEONE is gonna get caught, or you only have a couple people working on it and it takes long enough for Sony to notice whats going on.

Also, did you know the movie Hackers is a fairly good representation of hackers? naivety ftw.