Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Post Thoughts on mana burn.

Hey guys, I am curious if this issue is just me, or if others experience this aswell. I understand that 2's arena is ubbalanced at the moment... but I think blizz could fix a few things such as mana burn. I know i can try to Interrupt/LoS/CC the priest that's casting it, but even then i find it overpowered.

I fucking hate it as a holy paladin, not going to go on about it though, as I'll just be called bad by a druid who can shapeshit out of everything and LOS it.

Now that my partner has much more gear, and can pressure a priest a lot more, they end up almost never casting it anymore, thank god for that.

Back when it was announced that warlocks were losing drain mana blizzard stated that mana draining would be looked at more closely, with Mana Burn being "evaluated".
    That obviously never happened.

It's a 2.5 second cast that means he isn't healing. If I had a nickel for every time I've killed the priest's dps partner while he wasted time with mana burn I'd be rich.

Deleted
    It can change a game but if you have good teamwork with your partner he/she should be able to interrupt it when you can't LoS it. Personally I play as a druid and can just shapeshift to bear/cat to avoid it.

The warlock burn is/was OP, that shit couldn't be LoS'd, just went right through walls since its a channeling spell.

Deleted
    Its like 2+ seconds cast.

Restoration Shaman: Grounding Totem, Wind Shear, Ghost Wolf->LoS
    Restoration Druid: Shifting, Cyclone, Travel->LoS
    Holy Paladin: Rebuke, HoJ, Bubble, Freedom->LoS
    Discipline Priest: Psychic Scream, Mana Burn, PW:S->LoS

And many more tools to avoid mana burns, as well as your team mates.

Are they doing anything..? Or are you soloing the mana burner.

15+ Year Old Account
    Even as a Priest myself, the sound Mana Burn makes as someone burns away my mana...its like theyre tearing my soul away piece by piece...

Thats why i enjoy casting it on others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mesudi21 View Post
    Hey guys, I am curious if this issue is just me, or if others experience this aswell. I understand that 2's arena is ubbalanced at the moment... but I think blizz could fix a few things such as mana burn. I know i can try to Interrupt/LoS/CC the priest that's casting it, but even then i find it overpowered.
    You already listed a number of ways you can completely avoid it here, you simply need to get better at doing them or coordinating them with your partner. And as you mentioed, 2v2 is not balanced.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    l2p issues i believe. i see nothing more.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Really, you should almost never be mana burned...
    It's a 2.5 second cast with about a 1 second knock back.

The only time you should even get mana burned is when are feared into the open and then stunned/rooted there, and even then they should only get 1 off on you by the time you can get out of LoS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I love BGs like a fucking awesome person loves fucking fighter jets, holy shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    I'm personally disappointed that for a game called World of Warcraft there is a distinct lack of sailing interactivity. There's two types of seaworthy vessels right there in the game's name, but the various ships all take predetermined paths or don't move at all!

Priests can only beat other healers in mana wars through mana burns. Our mana regen CD's are alot less potent than those of the other classes. To remove it, you would have to give us better mana CD's, or just up Disc damage capabilities even further than they are now, allowing us to force more pressure on the healer.

10+ Year Old Account
    i love it. priests are weak enough as it is, and dont have much for cc, so why not make the life of the enemy healer a living hell.

druids have spammable cyclones
    shamans have...oh god D: (op rshammys)
    priests have mana burn

paladins... they need a buff. hardcore

...and this, so much this -
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    The sound Mana Burn makes as someone burns away my mana...its like theyre tearing my soul away piece by piece...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I love BGs like a fucking awesome person loves fucking fighter jets, holy shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cluck View Post
    I'm personally disappointed that for a game called World of Warcraft there is a distinct lack of sailing interactivity. There's two types of seaworthy vessels right there in the game's name, but the various ships all take predetermined paths or don't move at all!

Honestly, if you're playing 3s and the priest is getting mana burns off, you're doing it wrong.

Its really funny when the priest is really, really adamant about getting a mana burn off and follows you around pillars getting a whole 2 seconds of the cast off then getting pillared again, which leads to him chasing you and trying to cast again.

Also, if you are spending the whole match playing defensive solely because of mana burn... you aren't putting enough pressure out to cause him to want/need to heal. Thats your biggest problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devanox View Post
    Priests can only beat other healers in mana wars through mana burns. Our mana regen CD's are alot less potent than those of the other classes. To remove it, you would have to give us better mana CD's, or just up Disc damage capabilities even further than they are now, allowing us to force more pressure on the healer.
    priests need a cc ;_;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by murdockpt View Post
    priests need a cc ;_;
    lolwut? mind control has no cooldown. fear bomb every 24 seconds.

priests need a cc ;_;
    Not sure if serious.

They have TWO cc's Trip fears win games, also if you aren't using Mind Control then you're playing priest wrong

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    priests need a cc ;_;
    Yeeh lets give RMP more CC. They have fear already and thats enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogras View Post
    Yeeh lets give RMP more CC. They have fear already and thats enough.
    lol lets name them all!!!

polymoprh
    deep freeze
    ring of frost
    snares from 5 different abilities (barrier, nova, pet nova, cone of cold, frostbolt procs)
    sap
    blind
    kidney shot
    fearbomb
    mind control