Page 1 of 3
LastLast

I never thought I'd say it

But the changes to crowd control just turned the game into easy mode. Is this the end of wow?

In all seriousness I know better, but this takes away so much of the risk, so much of the danger of PVE. So much of the fun.

I think this is a very poor design decision. I would have instead added features like class specific Icons for marking. I also would have added a faster way to mark.(can raid icons be keybound?) I would have added a countdown in game so that players could time themselves better for CC. I would have quests and monsters that required certain classes to use their cc so people level knowing they are going to need them later on in high level play. I would add a delay to monster aggro, say about 2-3 second so casted CC's could go off without a hitch. i would have made all CC's have the same cast time or no cast time.

These are all fairly simple choices that could be implemented, but removing the pull ability of CC's is the laziest solution they could have possibly come up with. The only clear advantage to this nerf is that it will allow you to position each pull better. But that's also the point in a fight you are always fighting for a good location whether it be with you back to a wall or out of the way of a patrol that is the pivotal point of almost every major battle in history.

Also smart players who know how to cc and pull correctly will be able to abuse this mechanic greatly making dungeons soloable to an extent we've never seen before.

thanks for reading.

It's not as easy mode as when cc wasn't needed for anything ever... and that didn't kill the game either.

The sky is falling? Again?

I'm just going to repost this until you people get this through your skulls.

Pulling is easy, no one cares about that aspect. Trash is srs bsns.

The only moderately game-changing aspect about this addition is that threat is no longer built on the target of CC(by the CC ability/player casting the CC), making encounters that have in-combat CC or the initial CC break more manageable. This is very, very minor in any group that was already playing properly, and only a tiny improvement for bad groups. Why does anyone care?

I'm not sure I'd say that this means its the end of wow...thats probably going a bit too far

However I think the majority are in agreement that this system seems poor, I'm not too worried about it yet as its still only in its early stages and the how it is currently being suggested may not make its way to the live servers...time will tell

Adding a delay to monster aggro would over complicate things. Also, the whole argument that Blizzard needs to implement quests to teach people how to play is entirely redundant because this is an MMO and an aspect of being an MMO is that the players help teach each other how to play. Blizzard implementing quests teaching how to play would do far worse to ruin the game than this change will. Considering the fact that CC is hardly necessary any more in heroics unless you have an under geared tank or are doing the 2 new heroics it's hardly that game breaking.

Also, the whole 'now good players will be able to solo dungeons' is a bit silly to say considering 1, most classes would basically only get by trash with this method and 2, who cares about people soloing heroics anyways? What stops a rogue from stealthing through trash to a boss, or a mage using invis to do the same, or a hunter using feign death to do the same? A boss that they can't tank on their own.
    Last edited by sicness; 2011-05-03 at 04:18 PM.

wasnt their already a thread saying the exact same thing? Wait and see how it turns out, cry afterwords. Some peoples kids...

10+ Year Old Account
    Trash is Trash is Trash.

It's not the end of wow? wtf

Deleted
    posting in 87438302th thread about "the end of wow"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackeyecycle View Post
    The sky is falling? Again?
    Don't worry, even IF the sky is falling it will be held up by mountains of stupidity.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have this change than have a tank be pissed off at the very idea of pulling with CC.

I'd also love it if people learned what CC is again. I can't count the number of instances I've run where tanks ignore sheeps and shackles to continue pulling more groups thinking the fight is over. I can't count the number of times I'll CC a caster or and add and the tank will then run over and break the CC to get threat on it even though it's perfectly contained and should be dealt with after everything else is dead.

I also have seen classes perfectly capable of CC let a mob beat the crap out of them waiting on the tank to get it rather than hit their CC button.

10+ Year Old Account
    CC didn't kill WoW in Vanilla

Didn't Kill WoW in BC

Isn't Killing WoW now.

/thread

I don't pay money to teach people how to play. I learned the game, anybody else can with the tons of information out there nowadays. I spent 6 months levelling to 60 5 years ago when your only resource was thottbot (oh god, the pain), I learned how to play the game.

just means that it will be easier to carry herpderp tanks from the LookingForDerps tool

just leg it to each pack before the undergeared ungemmed unenchanted tank and CC everything you can

if hes BREAKING cc..... well thats another story

also, 4th thread on this topic today, pls learn to use the SEARCH function before posting new threads

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Is this the end of wow?
    Nope. Next thread.

In my current guild we use any class that can CC even the Tank(s) *those with CC ability* in the dungeons and raids. It will be quite interesting with this change.

question..

Is the NEW cc changes going to be as an example..: I hex a mob from max range and the group doesnt pull, it just sits there?

If so that is.... interesting and... seems like hand holding... lots of changes to hold peoples hands and make it easier since the releas of the dungeon finder.

whats the fun in cc when you can blast your way treugh trash with aoe
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Deleted
    its trash packs. TRASH TRASH

i see no issue here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    But the changes to crowd control just turned the game into easy mode. Is this the end of wow?
    Trash pulls are what made the game challenging to you?

I guess the reason I don't care is because CCing things was easy for me already, so this change won't impact my gameplay at all.

But I guess I can understand how you'd be upset if the most enjoyable part of the game for you was overcoming the challenge and complexities of casting a CC at the appropriate time during five man trash.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |