Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I like all of these little RP things people are doing about mobs not noticing CC. Allow me to make something similar.

Troll A: Heh, we killed dem good, didn't we?
    Troll B: Sure did, drudda. Sure did.
    Troll C: Ah, what da hell is dis? Here dey come again!
    Troll A: But, we jus killed dem!
    Troll B: Well we kill dem again!
    <battle>
    Troll A: We lost C, be we killed 'dem again.
    Troll C: I'm back bruddas.
    Troll A: WHAT DA HELL! We jus saw you die!
    Troll B: Yeah, your corpse is right dere!
    Troll C: I'm scared, bruddas.

If you can suspend your disbelief for mob and character respawns you should be able to suspend your disbelief for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    It's not as easy mode as when cc wasn't needed for anything ever... and that didn't kill the game either.
    ^this

we went through the entirety of wrath not needing CC (except a VERY few examples) and people complain about this now? people complained that CC came back and now people are complaining now that they are making it easier?

blizzard cant win because theres always gonna be someone somewhere bitching about something.....this isnt going to make a huge change regardless of what people may think.

15+ Year Old Account
    my submarine. it's long, hard and full of seamen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    But the changes to crowd control just turned the game into easy mode. Is this the end of wow?

In all seriousness I know better, but this takes away so much of the risk, so much of the danger of PVE. So much of the fun.

I think this is a very poor design decision. I would have instead added features like class specific Icons for marking. I also would have added a faster way to mark.(can raid icons be keybound?) I would have added a countdown in game so that players could time themselves better for CC. I would have quests and monsters that required certain classes to use their cc so people level knowing they are going to need them later on in high level play. I would add a delay to monster aggro, say about 2-3 second so casted CC's could go off without a hitch. i would have made all CC's have the same cast time or no cast time.

These are all fairly simple choices that could be implemented, but removing the pull ability of CC's is the laziest solution they could have possibly come up with. The only clear advantage to this nerf is that it will allow you to position each pull better. But that's also the point in a fight you are always fighting for a good location whether it be with you back to a wall or out of the way of a patrol that is the pivotal point of almost every major battle in history.

Also smart players who know how to cc and pull correctly will be able to abuse this mechanic greatly making dungeons soloable to an extent we've never seen before.

thanks for reading.
    *Peers at your avatar*

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's just ignore the trash at all because it's just trash anyway and only time consuming? Aint that a lot better? ... lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Because what they are atm are plait tugging, sniffing, glaring, prissy, clothes obsessed bitches who I would quite cheerfully drown.
    I often post from my mobile device, typos in my posts are 99% likely to be because of that.
    All I would ever want and need is a hug.

Deleted
    lots of things are the end of wow these days lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    But the changes to crowd control just turned the game into easy mode. Is this the end of wow?
    There is nothing - and I do mean nothing - in this game that requires CC that even approaches the term 'hard'.
    Changing CC didn't make anything easy mode. Until I see your Sinestra and Al'Akir Heroic kills, you haven't accomplished anything 'hard', either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait... People still CC?

Deleted
    TRASH PULLS WILL BE SLIGHTLY EASIER FOR NOOBS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

Seriously, with decent gear and skill , who the hell CC's anyway ? We just blitz it.

Enough with these stupid threads.

Makes 25 man BoT trash more palatable

I want blizzard to know that the ever growing BS that has occured since WotLK has pushed its loyal fanbase too far.

perk system giving Mega guilds unfair advantages and mass recruiting for Cash Flow, No Starter raids for "NEW" gamers to get prepared for Cata raids it would be like back in BC jumping right from heroics to SSC / TK rather then having that starter raid Kara to teach not to stand in the fire and what CC is.

The ongoing Nerfing and Balancing issues even after all these years which create FoTM classes is disturbing at best. and all the other issues that have changed this game from the wonderful design it once had in all its glory Vanilla and TBC. My Guild fell apart cause of all the garbage that has insued since Cata's launch.

Just remeber because your having a good time in the game and your guild is doing well doesnt mean there is not serious issues and problems from a developement stand point. Were not bitching or whining and were not trying to cause issues were speaking our minds as to the changes that blizzard has made that so many people according to blizzard 600k since Cata launch.

Were no diffrent from you we once loved this game too, and if we dont speak up and hopefully blizzard hears our voices then it might be you someday making your [Im quiting WoW] Forum Post.

What people like you need to realize is that, even though you're concerned with changes like ones made to CC, you are a vast, VAST minority.

Most of the player base of WoW does not raid, does not run heroics. They don't know what's going on half the time.

So no, it won't be the end of WoW. Nor will "game breaking" changes like this ever be the end of WoW. Maybe for you, but not for the majority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwntatoes View Post
    I told my friend I was going to McDonalds, but I actually went to Burger King. Kind of rude, but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by synthetikv View Post
    Bring her some ribbon candy and worthers original. Old Bitches love ribbon candy and worthers original.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    So CCing in 5 mans was hard at some point in time? Thats news to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raid icons can be keybound...and that alone can make marking for CC pretty fast. I agree OP that class specific raid target icons might be a help...but really is it so hard for ppl to just talk a lil bit. At the start of an instance or when I am going to use CC on my dps toons I say 'marking triangle for hex'. When I'm tanking I just say what the marks are the first time I throw them up 'Sq is trap, star is sap'.

Marking and doing CC doesn't require constant communication or really even great effort, and it certainly need not slow runs down much. I agree that this change will be an unneeded dumbing down to PvE. Bad move.

---------- Post added 2011-05-10 at 08:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Couga View Post
    We sittin in here, I'm supposed to be the franchise raider and we in here talkbin bout trash.

I mean listen, we talkin about trash

Not a boss, not a boss, not a boss.

We talkin about trash, not a boss

not the boss that I go out there and die for, and raid every boss like its my last.

Not the boss. We talkin' bout trash, man. I mean how silly is that?

We talkin' bout trash. I know I'm supposed to be there, I know I'm supposed to lead by example. I know that, and I'm not shovin' it aside, you know, like it don't mean anything. I know its important, I do. I honestly do.

But we talkin' bout trash, man.

What are we talkin' bout? Trash? We talkin' bout trash man. We talk... We talkin' bout trash. We talkin' bout trash.

We ain't talkin' bout the boss, we talkin' bout trash, man. When you come into the dungeon, and you see me raid, you see me raid, don't you? You see me give everything I got, right?

But we talkin' bout trash right now. We talkin' bout trash.

Man look, I hear you, its funny to me too. I mean, its strange, its strange to me too. But we talkin' bout trash, man. We not even talkin' bout the boss, the actual boss, when it matters. We talkin' bout trash....

LOL...and yesterday was the anniversary of Iverson's infamous practice rant too!...genius.
    "Brevity is...wit"