[Ret PVE] Eternal Glory

In patch 4.0.6, this change was made.

Eternal Glory: The chance to not consume Holy Power from this talent now also applies to not consuming the clearcasting effect generated by Divine Purpose.
    260 divine purpose procs. 1 eternal glory proc.

Does this even work? I picked up 1 point in eternal glory just to try it last night. In 20 boss pulls + trash, it only procced once. Could've also probably procced from word of glory also since i casted it 7 times.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...11/?enc=bosses

Deleted
    I don't think you would register a proc unless it was a WoG. The WoG part makes your WoG use up 3 HoPo and then refunds your 3 HoPo so it's an actual proc effect giving you 3 HoPo and as such it would register on logs. Note that the Divine Purpose part doesn't actually generate any procs, it simply makes your Divine Purpose not disappear so logs wouldn't catch that.

I could be wrong on this, it's just my best guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not quite sure what you're asking.

Does it work? Yes. You said it yourself. You have a chance to not consume the DP proc when you cast WoG. So when a DP proc, you can WoG, then immediately TV (which would then eat up the DP proc). Sounds like RNG was just being unkind to you.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenGage View Post
    I don't think you would register a proc unless it was a WoG. The WoG part makes your WoG use up 3 HoPo and then refunds your 3 HoPo so it's an actual proc effect giving you 3 HoPo and as such it would register on logs. Note that the Divine Purpose part doesn't actually generate any procs, it simply makes your Divine Purpose not disappear so logs wouldn't catch that.

I could be wrong on this, it's just my best guess.
    It's either that, or eternal glory itself just doesn't work for divine purpose.

Not quite sure what you're asking.

Does it work? Yes. You said it yourself. You have a chance to not consume the DP proc when you cast WoG. So when a DP proc, you can WoG, then immediately TV (which would then eat up the DP proc). Sounds like RNG was just being unkind to you.
    It just seems highly unlikely it would just proc once in 260 divine purpose procs, it's still unknown whether it procced from one the 7 word of glories.

That change only refers to Word of Glory used with Divine Purpose. Nothing else.